Status
Not open for further replies.

Universe23

53 Miles West of Venus
Reaction score
Website
www.universe23.com
Hi all..

For the past month, I've been slowly working on the logistics of my own live podcast. I'm not 100% sure it's a go, but I'm pretty sure I'll be doing it. To date, I've been mostly prototyping but I'm enjoying the process and am liking what I'm seeing...

but...I'm trying to determine a best live broadcast time.

I'm thinking I'm starting at only twice per week for approximately two hours. I'll frequently have guests and hope to have calls. When do you think is the best time to schedule? I'm toying with the idea Mondays and Thursdays from 10pm to midnight EST. What do you think?

Reactions: Ab_Original
I love the idea Universe, but may I suggest starting off with one hour once a week, see how that works then go from there. I'm good with what ever you decide.

Nothing yet. I'm mostly doing dry runs and logistics stuff at the moment. I might do a semi-public practice run to test everything if people are up for it.
Cool. What type of guests will you have on? Paranormal ones, or different topics?

Reactions: Universe23
Once per week was suggested also by another friend. I'm definitely going to consider that. During my practice runs, 2 hours wasn't too difficult to hold down, but I'm sure it'll be a different ballgame with the real thing.

I'm still building my initial guest list, but I'm hoping for a mix of bizarre/interesting/unique. I don't want to stay specifically on paranormal as my interests tend to vary.
Is it hard to get guests if you are not an Art Bell or someone doing an infomercial like snorry?

Well...depends and I guess I'll find out :)

I'm not aiming for top authors, etc. That's already been doing. I'm looking for others, a bit less known but just as interesting.
That's a good approach. I like listening to Marc Maron on WTF. He did a podcast, was picked up by NPR and is now on Sirius. He has different types of people on and can hold interesting conversations with whomever he has on. That's all I really want to listen to anyway, two intelligent people holding an interesting conversation where I can be a fly on the wall and sort of take it all in while I go through the daily activities of my life.

Reactions: Universe23
Status
Not open for further replies.