My mother

Sad man trying

Reaction score
Okay, what I'm about to disclose is an personal experience that I had. It also happened when I was quite young.

My mother had given birth to my sister when she was 14, and married(child marriage is a problem where I am). When my sister was six years old, my forty two years old stepfather's head was found Impaled on a spear in the middle of a paddy field. Two years after that, my mother gave birth to me. So I don't know who my father is. My mother was massively socially ostracized for my birth. But she continued to love me and care for me like any mother ever.

When I was four, mother caught tuberculosis in her brain. At first it was undiagnosed, it just grew with a headache and soon got out of control.

I remember it vaguely. I was playing around, asking questions, being hungry, being the annoying child I was. Then mother just dashed towards me from the kitchen and before I knew it, she was slamming my head into the wall again and again. It left a bloody smear on the wall. It was painful.

She was taken down. We were both taken to the hospital. She was cured, but by then she had lost a good chunk of her memory and motor skills and was in an unstable stage. So she was sent to an insane asylum.

When I was finally released from the hospital with 13 stitches, I was taken to visit my mother in the asylum. I don't know about anywhere outside, but here, asylums are truly depressing and overcrowded places. They literally keep the insane in barred cells.

She was in one of those barred cells. I don't really remember which cell. Maybe I'll ask my sister.

She refused to talk to me. Some of the people she forgot, some she communicated normally with, but she absolutely refused to talk to me. When I finally annoyed her enough that she looks at me, was when the horror happened.

As she stared at me, I saw her face distort. A portion of it sort of started melting down like wax. She looked at me for a few moments and got back to talking to other people.

I don't think anybody other than me and my grandma saw it because everyone acted natural. When we were leaving, grandma pulled me away and asked me if I saw anything. I told her what I saw and she told me not to tell anyone about it because then my mother won't get a funeral when she dies.

I've visited her several times after that, my uncles often took me there to show me what I was responsible for, and Everytime she looked straight at me, her face would distort in a similar way.

In the end she didn't get a funeral after all, because she committed suicide in the asylum.

There's my tale. I gave so much background so that you understand exactly the kind of mindset I'd have at this. I understand that most of this experience can be described with mental illness such as schizophrenia and trauma working together. I'd like to hear what you think. I'm open to any judgement.

Reactions: Paintman
Okay, what I'm about to disclose is an personal experience that I had. It also happened when I was quite young.

My mother had given birth to my sister when she was 14, and married(child marriage is a problem where I am). When my sister was six years old, my forty two years old stepfather's head was found Impaled on a spear in the middle of a paddy field. Two years after that, my mother gave birth to me. So I don't know who my father is. My mother was massively socially ostracized for my birth. But she continued to love me and care for me like any mother ever.

When I was four, mother caught tuberculosis in her brain. At first it was undiagnosed, it just grew with a headache and soon got out of control.

I remember it vaguely. I was playing around, asking questions, being hungry, being the annoying child I was. Then mother just dashed towards me from the kitchen and before I knew it, she was slamming my head into the wall again and again. It left a bloody smear on the wall. It was painful.

She was taken down. We were both taken to the hospital. She was cured, but by then she had lost a good chunk of her memory and motor skills and was in an unstable stage. So she was sent to an insane asylum.

When I was finally released from the hospital with 13 stitches, I was taken to visit my mother in the asylum. I don't know about anywhere outside, but here, asylums are truly depressing and overcrowded places. They literally keep the insane in barred cells.

She was in one of those barred cells. I don't really remember which cell. Maybe I'll ask my sister.

She refused to talk to me. Some of the people she forgot, some she communicated normally with, but she absolutely refused to talk to me. When I finally annoyed her enough that she looks at me, was when the horror happened.

As she stared at me, I saw her face distort. A portion of it sort of started melting down like wax. She looked at me for a few moments and got back to talking to other people.

I don't think anybody other than me and my grandma saw it because everyone acted natural. When we were leaving, grandma pulled me away and asked me if I saw anything. I told her what I saw and she told me not to tell anyone about it because then my mother won't get a funeral when she dies.

I've visited her several times after that, my uncles often took me there to show me what I was responsible for, and Everytime she looked straight at me, her face would distort in a similar way.

In the end she didn't get a funeral after all, because she committed suicide in the asylum.

There's my tale. I gave so much background so that you understand exactly the kind of mindset I'd have at this. I understand that most of this experience can be described with mental illness such as schizophrenia and trauma working together. I'd like to hear what you think. I'm open to any judgement.
Thanks for sharing your story. I'm sorry that you had to go through this.

That is a horrible ordeal for a young person. Anyone.
Glad you are OK now.
I am hesitant to offer a guess about what happened. But I think you know.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
to show me what I was responsible for,
Sad, your Uncles are wrong. You were responsible for none of that. The responsibility was your mom's and the other adults in the family.
I'm open to any judgement
No one will judge you because as I said, it's not your fault. Everyone is responsible for their own actions. Being born is an action from a conception, which was your mom's doing. In case no one has told you this before, I will say it again....NOT your fault.

Mental illness happens, and poor understanding and, worse yet, poor treatment options for it, is something that needs fixing in this world. Another thing....people with mental illness can and do sometimes manifest physical changes that are not necessarily paranormal but due to the illness itself.

My hope for you is you can grow to understand this and reject the guilt others have tried to place on you.

Sandman, when someone has certain mental illness the emotions are very close to the surface. Those emotions can exert great control over the nervous system. Even your Mom's facial muscles.

Your Mother's facial contortions can be scientifically explained as a part of her illness.
Like Debi says, this is not your fault. But let me add that you are responsible for how you respond to these events. A healthy and positive response will serve you well. It will serve others well.

I went to school to become a doctor of psychology. I never completed, but I can speak with some Authority about the nervous system and emotions.

Sandman, when someone has certain mental illness the emotions are very close to the surface. Those emotions can exert great control over the nervous system. Even your Mom's facial muscles.

Your Mother's facial contortions can be scientifically explained as a part of her illness.
Like Debi says, this is not your fault. But let me add that you are responsible for how you respond to these events. A healthy and positive response will serve you well. It will serve others well.

I went to school to become a doctor of psychology. I never completed, but I can speak with some Authority about the nervous system and emotions.
Can their skin and flesh appear to melt and drip like their liquid?

On retrospect, I was a kid. I might've been seeing things too.

Reactions: Paintman
I know. I was a kid and I saw things. My question is, how did my grandma see it too?
There are physical reasons for a face to look strange. One is a TIA or mini stroke. This causes the face to distort and look as if it is melting by sagging A LOT. This is of short duration and the face goes back to it's normal look after the event. Also, there are mental illnesses that can cause the face to manifest extreme distortions. Between fear of the observer and the event itself, you saw what you saw but the cause was most likely of a physical source.

Reactions: Paintman and Duke
Dripping from a distorted looking face is often heavy drool/saliva.

I tend to think of it as everyone having a very well coordinated and long lasting oopsie.