My mother’s experience

Emma

Reaction score
So I have to say I have been feeling more and more comfortable on this site and have really enjoyed reading and learning so much so Thankyou.

I wanted to share something and get some insight. I’m not experienced with mediums etc and I have never been to one but I do believe in them.

About 38 years ago my mum was pregnant with her second child. She was out shopping and went into her friends clothing store and was chatting to her friend. An old woman approached my mum and asked her if she wanted a reading my mum said “no, no time sorry” the old woman said “please are you sure” my mum kept saying no. The woman said okay but I must give you something and she gave my mum this medal/coin thing and on it was a boat a car and an aeroplane. The old woman told her “please take this with you when you travel it will protect you, something will happen but don’t worry you will have 2 beautiful little girls”.
My mum said okay and kept it. Also my mother’s friend has told me the same story as she was there.
My mum had given birth a couple of months later and was on a 30 min car ride with her newborn baby (my brother) and my other brother in the back seat who would of been about 10. She was travelling 30 mins to give her uncle a loaf of bread who was in hospital. She felt sorry for him because none of his family cared etc. Unfortunately my mum had a car accident due to a motorcycle driver who was drunk.
The baby died at the hospital. My other brother who was about 10 had minor bruises and a tiny cut but was unharmed. My mother however was in a lot of danger, broken bones from head to toe, cut open everywhere, she was air lifted to hospital. She made a full recovery and doctors said she would never be able to walk again. She now plays tennis regularly has a bigger social life than me. She walks with a bit of a twist now and then but other than that just back to her old self. It was an awful thing that she went through and when she told me this story I just listened to everything she said so much because I was sure she wouldn’t want to tell me again. I can’t bring it up with my dad As he still gets emotional. After that she had me and my sister. So she did have 2 girls just like that old lady said.
Was this old woman trying to protect my mum? Did this coin thing have some dark magic that Caused this accident? Just would like to hear opinions. I asked her if she still had it she said “oh yes I think it’s somewhere”. I didn’t want to ask if I could see it because I know when to stop.
By the way I would never discuss it with my mother or make her feel sad at all so please don’t hold back any honest opinions.

Last edited:
So I have to say I have been feeling more and more comfortable on this site and have really enjoyed reading and learning so much so Thankyou.

I wanted to share something and get some insight. I’m not experienced with mediums etc and I have never been to one but I do believe in them.

About 38 years ago my mum was pregnant with her second child. She was out shopping and went into her friends clothing store and was chatting to her friend. An old woman approached my mum and asked her if she wanted a reading my mum said “no, no time sorry” the old woman said “please are you sure” my mum kept saying no. The woman said okay but I must give you something and she gave my mum this medal/coin thing and on it was a boat a car and an aeroplane. The old woman told her “please take this with you when you travel it will protect you, something will happen but don’t worry you will have 2 beautiful little girls”.
My mum said okay and kept it. Also my mother’s friend has told me the same story as she was there.
My mum had given birth a couple of months later and was on a 30 min car ride with her newborn baby (my brother) and my other brother in the back seat who would of been about 10. She was travelling 30 mins to give her uncle a loaf of bread who was in hospital. She felt sorry for him because none of his family cared etc. Unfortunately my mum had a car accident due to a motorcycle driver who was drunk.
The baby died at the hospital. My other brother who was about 10 had minor bruises and a tiny cut but was unharmed. My mother however was in a lot of danger, broken bones from head to toe, cut open everywhere, she was air lifted to hospital. She made a full recovery and doctors said she would never be able to walk again. She now plays tennis regularly has a bigger social life than me. She walks with a bit of a twist now and then but other than that just back to her old self. It was an awful thing that she went through and when she told me this story I just listened to everything she said so much because I was sure she wouldn’t want to tell me again. I can’t bring it up with my dad As he still gets emotional. After that she had me and my sister. So she did have 2 girls just like that old lady said.
Was this old woman trying to protect my mum? Did this coin thing have some dark magic that Caused this accident? Just would like to hear opinions. I asked her if she still had it she said “oh yes I think it’s somewhere”. I didn’t want to ask if I could see it because I know when to stop.
By the way I would never discuss it with my mother or make her feel sad at all so please don’t hold back any honest opinions.
Hi Emma. I think the old woman probably had a premonition and was trying to protect your mom. Sometimes we get these things and don't know what to do with them..I mean, who do you tell who's going to believe you've seen an accident? And most times we can't prevent it. This is the problem with visions and premonitions. The woman was most likely trying to protect your mom in the only way she knew how.

Yes your right it’s hard to believe someone if they said that. She probably was just trying to protect her after all. I’ve just never asked about it as it’s a touchy subject. Thanks for that Debi.

Reactions: Debi
I agree with Debi. The fact that the medium asked for permission showed she had integrity. When your mom refused she honored that and just gave her advice. I think she must have been a good person.

My sincere condolences on that awful tragedy.

I agree with Debi. The fact that the medium asked for permission showed she had integrity. When your mom refused she honored that and just gave her advice. I think she must have been a good person.

My sincere condolences on that awful tragedy.
Oh thanks Lynne, it’s okay. Ah yes, you made a good point there, she did ask for permission first. I didn’t think about it like that.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi