TeflikMoney11

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new to this community and excited to hear others experiences as well as share my own. I figured the best starting point would be the first time I ever encountered something paranormal.

I was 6 years old and my family and I had been living in our home in the Highlands of Scotland for 2 years without anything paranormal or mysterious ever arising. I remember this dark Friday night vividly and the reason I remember it been a Friday was due to the fact my encounter occurred before we left to take my sister to her sports class.

I was seated on a staircase in the dark hallway waiting for my mum and sister, who were in the room at one end of the hallway, as we were scheduled to leave shortly. My dad on this night wasn’t home as he was working late.

As I patiently waited in the dark hallway something suddenly appeared to me. Walking out of the room in which my mum and sister were was a woman. She left the light of the room and entered the dark hallway, she was transparent in appearance but also a solid form.

I remember there was a beauty to this apparition as she walked at a slow pace down the hallway. I could hear the floorboards creak under the weight of her footsteps. She was dressed in a long dress and held something out in front of her in her right hand, I can’t be entirely sure what this was.

I remember as she came parallel to me as she passed I lowered my head. I felt slightly uneasy and confused but never scared. Once she had passed me I looked up again and watched her continue to slowly make her way down the hall before entering the room at the other end of the hall and vanishing into the light which was emitted from it.

It has been 14 years since that encounter and I have never laid my eyes on the figure again. Other members of my family have also claimed to experience strange things in the house, my sister and dad agreeing that there is something else living in the building. My mum on the other hand, no matter how unexplainable the situation, will always reassure herself there is a rational explanation.

Whatever is in this house though we have agreed presents no harm to us. It has been 16 years and nobody has ever been hurt, injured or traumatised by whatever is living with us.

Hi there,

I am new to this community and excited to hear others experiences as well as share my own. I figured the best starting point would be the first time I ever encountered something paranormal.

I was 6 years old and my family and I had been living in our home in the Highlands of Scotland for 2 years without anything paranormal or mysterious ever arising. I remember this dark Friday night vividly and the reason I remember it been a Friday was due to the fact my encounter occurred before we left to take my sister to her sports class.

I was seated on a staircase in the dark hallway waiting for my mum and sister, who were in the room at one end of the hallway, as we were scheduled to leave shortly. My dad on this night wasn’t home as he was working late.

As I patiently waited in the dark hallway something suddenly appeared to me. Walking out of the room in which my mum and sister were was a woman. She left the light of the room and entered the dark hallway, she was transparent in appearance but also a solid form.

I remember there was a beauty to this apparition as she walked at a slow pace down the hallway. I could hear the floorboards creak under the weight of her footsteps. She was dressed in a long dress and held something out in front of her in her right hand, I can’t be entirely sure what this was.

I remember as she came parallel to me as she passed I lowered my head. I felt slightly uneasy and confused but never scared. Once she had passed me I looked up again and watched her continue to slowly make her way down the hall before entering the room at the other end of the hall and vanishing into the light which was emitted from it.

It has been 14 years since that encounter and I have never laid my eyes on the figure again. Other members of my family have also claimed to experience strange things in the house, my sister and dad agreeing that there is something else living in the building. My mum on the other hand, no matter how unexplainable the situation, will always reassure herself there is a rational explanation.

Whatever is in this house though we have agreed presents no harm to us. It has been 16 years and nobody has ever been hurt, injured or traumatised by whatever is living with us.

Your explanation was beautiful Whiskey. Glad the visual didn’t spook you more.

Welcome to the PNF. I hope you find other similarly remarkable tales here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Astronomer
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum! This may be a residual energy haunting. That is where it plays back like a tape recording of past events. You never know what triggers it, but they can still be very unnerving to watch. Scotland seems to have quite a few of those, btw. I believe it may be the older homes and the earth they are built on. Some stones and wood absorb energy and residual hauntings often occur due to those conditions

I agree with Debi. However, to be sure, what else happened there?

Never tried to communicate with that particular spirit. Where would I find it?

Hi Whiskey,
I am glad the spirits didn't spook you too much, but if you find a spirit called Talisker single malt, ten year old, send the paranormal spirit to me, i would make it go away, LOL.
Welcome to the forum, i am a newbie too!
Ha !

Talisker distillery is on the Island of Skye in Western Scotland, Mikaru.

There are a few reasons for me becoming a Ghost investigator when i was 20, however the main one was moving to a haunted house as a small boy, i remember walking up the path for the first time when i was five and feeling uneasy about the house which was a big Victorian farmhouse with a cellar. My father was a builder who divided up the land to lease out to other business's, the house was too big for my family so we rented out part of it. The house is long gone now as the area was redeveloped, but the address was 372 Hertford Road, Enfield, Middlesex, a suburb of London, you can see a picture of it below:-
upload_2018-9-23_15-44-18.png

During my childhood i remember being poked in the back when no one was there, my bedroom light would turn on sometimes when i had gone to bed, i used to feel cold spots and winds in the house when the windows were shut, which did disturb me!
However sadly as i grew up in the 1970's and become a teenager, like many during that time i made things worse by playing with a spirit board, our lodgers moved out because of paranormal rapping on the walls, my mother when alone heard loud raps on doors etc.
I had my teenagers club in the cellar, tables and chairs were moved when we weren't there, probably the most scary was candles blowing out and seeing red eyes looking in from the window, when i was 15 we moved out, i wasn't sorry!