It's always hardest on kids when a house is haunted. And you guys across the pond seem to have many of those! I've lived in several haunted places and understand how difficult it can be at ttimes. My youngest (now adult) son was very sensitive to all things that go bump in the night.

Reactions: Astronomer
Hi Debi,
Loved the comments, for humour i have added an advert on a product that doesn't exist any more!
Beware the "Judderman", evil cackle!

Reactions: Lynne
Wow, WhiskeyRoger, that is amazing! I agree with the others, very well written, and I'm pleased to hear it doesn't seem malicious. I sometimes wonder if spirits are a little like wild animals - only aggressive if they feel threatened or cornered. I'm still new to the whole paranormal thing, but it seems that maybe this woman could pick up that you and your family weren't a threat and - if she did used to live in that house - weren't intruding. Maybe it's a compliment to the way you all behave and treat the house itself!

Hi, We've had friends in Scotland on our Europe trip. Same one the haunted hotel story is I did . That was Paris and then on to Scotland. But they stayed in a very old old house there. It was from 1600's, or so. But they said the ghost of the woman that lived there before them would appear to them on the staircase and it would get very very cold. Then they'd see her. I was on edge in their house when we visited that night. I could feel the ghost or something else in the house but not evil. Just scared me some. Maybe that's the one that followed me to the George V hotel. I wondered on that. But Scotland does have haunts but I love to hear about them so thanks for sharing that and I'd have been scared out of my wits. I'd have taken off running. lol I had a similar experience in an apartment I'm going to share later but it was a resonance I think someone said. Scared me good. But so fun to hear your stories here. Everyone has interesting one. We all might be kindred spirits here. United in one place now. As we left that house that night, I turned to look in that room we were in with the old bed from that century, and saw a shadow of someone going across the window. White shadow. I turned around and that was it on that. lol I wouldn't live in a house that old. But it would be neat too.

I am overwhelmed with the warm welcome this community has given me and the thoughts and ideas surrounding my first paranormal encounter. I certainly look forward to sharing more of my tales with you all.

I have often wondered if some of the ghosts we see arnt actually rips in time. Perhaps if time is happening all at once, occasionally we see through the vail to another time. We may be the ghosts in their time. Just something to consider.

Reactions: TeflikMoney11