My First Experience - Flying Stingray?

A kite can look like a ray. Kites can flap and appear to fly too.

Wasn't in a place where one would be flying a kite; trees and mountainous. More so, as a kid, I loved kites so it definitely wasn't that. Even with flapping, kites don't have that organic look to it and without someone in control, does anything but avoid trees and maintain a perfect pace/direction, especially at that altitude.

Reactions: Selectric
maybe you saw an aurora prototype, wasnt it the mid'ish 80's it was supposedly in development? (;ss)...... (yeah, i know, conspiracy theory, but hey, so are U.F.O's actually, kinda....lol)

lol Oh yeah, all things theories til we prove it I guess. :D But no, it definitely wasn't a drone or anything like that. Looked organic and wasn't insanely huge; a bald eagle would prob kick its ass easily. lol Wasn't that far above the height of the house; no higher than "normal" birds.

You had a very exciting sighting. There may be air creatures we haven't discovered yet.

Yeah, it's definitely be interesting thinking on it nearly my whole life. I know we all seek truth and answers, but there's something really fun about the mystery also. I was just looking around on Google for this and found some things they were talking about in regards to "air beasts" or whatever. Although it never mentions a stingray type of one, it certainly makes one think what's actually out there.

Sorry about late response back on my end. It's been long week. Thanks for all of the replies. All stuff I don't normally get to talk with others about so it's nice.

Sorry about late response back on my end. It's been long week. Thanks for all of the replies. All stuff I don't normally get to talk with others about so it's nice.
When you initially posted this, the first thing that came to my mind was the "flying sub" from the 1960s TV series, "Voyage to the Bottom of Sea." It was designed/built (in miniature) to resemble a stingray (minus a tail.)

Irwin Allen was a Gray. ;)

(I LOVED Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea! Admiral Nelson for president!)

• Big Grin
This reminds me a little bit of when I was living in Delaware, probably 15 years or so ago now…

I was at a shore stop, pumping gas late at night. There were trees in front of the car across the back of the lot… after I finished pumping gas and got back into my car, I saw a large winged figure swoop down out of the trees and over the top of the awning over the gas pumps. To say my jaw hit the floor is an understatement, and it scared the absolute crap out of me. At the time, the closest thing I could think to describe it was mothman. Seeing your post reminded me of it so I thought I would share.

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne
This reminds me a little bit of when I was living in Delaware, probably 15 years or so ago now…

I was at a shore stop, pumping gas late at night. There were trees in front of the car across the back of the lot… after I finished pumping gas and got back into my car, I saw a large winged figure swoop down out of the trees and over the top of the awning over the gas pumps. To say my jaw hit the floor is an understatement, and it scared the absolute crap out of me. At the time, the closest thing I could think to describe it was mothman. Seeing your post reminded me of it so I thought I would share.
Can I ask where this took place? state, city?

Laurel, Delaware
That had to be something?! Did you report it to anyone? Could you draw what you saw. Lon Strickler would record your account and let you know if he's heard anything like that occurring in that area.

Reactions: ozentity