My First Experience - Flying Stingray?

SpiritKid

Reaction score
Good afternoon!

I figured I'd start off with the first experience that I recall. I was about 3ish yrs old or so and was helping my dad in the yard one evening (thinking about it now as an adult, I was prob doing anything but helping lol). It was around dinner time so we were about to go inside and I looked up and not far above the top of the house was something that I can only describe as being a stingray flying overhead. I tried to run to the side to see it further but was unable and being that age, was quickly called back over by my dad. At that time, I didn't think of it as anything odd because at that age everything is new and just as possible as the rest of what you know, but I never seen it again after that. I just paid attention in school and books, always looking for it, but never saw it anywhere so it wasn't until later in life that I realized it wasn't normal animal that's flying around. No ideas what it was to this day.

With that being said, I also shared this story because maybe one of you know the answer to it. This was in the 80s if that helps give context to what we did and didn't have compared to now.

Have to scan back through threads. A 'stingray' shaped object has been talked about before.

Have to scan back through threads. A 'stingray' shaped object has been talked about before.
Thanks! Will definitely search through and see what I can track down. It's been awhile since I've searched or even thought about this so I'm excited to see.

Reactions: Selectric
It happens. For a time i shrugged off many things until that light bulb went off lol.

I know it was discussed on forum before. It was months back and the member that brought it up escapes me atm. Not sure if it was a created thread or was a comment.

Good afternoon!

I figured I'd start off with the first experience that I recall. I was about 3ish yrs old or so and was helping my dad in the yard one evening (thinking about it now as an adult, I was prob doing anything but helping lol). It was around dinner time so we were about to go inside and I looked up and not far above the top of the house was something that I can only describe as being a stingray flying overhead. I tried to run to the side to see it further but was unable and being that age, was quickly called back over by my dad. At that time, I didn't think of it as anything odd because at that age everything is new and just as possible as the rest of what you know, but I never seen it again after that. I just paid attention in school and books, always looking for it, but never saw it anywhere so it wasn't until later in life that I realized it wasn't normal animal that's flying around. No ideas what it was to this day.

With that being said, I also shared this story because maybe one of you know the answer to it. This was in the 80s if that helps give context to what we did and didn't have compared to now.
Did it have a long, thin tail like a ray?
Difference-between-Manta-ray-and-Stingray-1.jpg