My First Experience - Flying Stingray?

This reminds me a little bit of when I was living in Delaware, probably 15 years or so ago now…

I was at a shore stop, pumping gas late at night. There were trees in front of the car across the back of the lot… after I finished pumping gas and got back into my car, I saw a large winged figure swoop down out of the trees and over the top of the awning over the gas pumps. To say my jaw hit the floor is an understatement, and it scared the absolute crap out of me. At the time, the closest thing I could think to describe it was mothman. Seeing your post reminded me of it so I thought I would share.
There seem to be a lot of these flying creatures being seen in the Chicago area lately, Firefly. We have quite a few stories about them in the Cryptids forum area.

That had to be something?! Did you report it to anyone? Could you draw what you saw. Lon Strickler would record your account and let you know if he's heard anything like that occurring in that area.
No, I did not report it to anyone because I would not really know who to report it to… I could probably draw a rough sketch, but it was very dark as it was close to midnight and being scared poopless as I was, it was hard to believe what I was seeing.