My Experiences with the Paranormal

Reaction score
Hello. I am new here, but I am not new to the world of the paranormal. I have done investigations over the course of the last 25 years, but I do not consider myself an expert, because I still don't have answers to some of the things that I have seen, heard, and experienced.

My personal experiences began long before I began actively investigating them. My earliest memory of something happening that could not be explained was when I was about six years old. I was playing in my room, by myself, which I did a lot as a kid when I was at home, because even though I had a number of siblings, and had a bunch of cousins that lived with us for a while, I preferred to be by myself.

I had taken a couple of large boxes from when my mom had gotten a new washer and dryer, and had cut them so that they were able to be moved around and arranged into separate rooms of a house. I dragged my play kitchen stuff and some blankets and things into the "house" and was happily playing in a corner of the bedroom, opposite the closet door, which I had made sure was completely slid shut(to this day, I cannot stand a closet door being even partway open.) I had a window cut into the side of the box and could see the closet door through it. I was putting one of my baby dolls to "bed" when I noticed the closet door was no longer slid all the way shut, but was open several inches. Now, just for clarification, the bedroom door was a good twelve feet away , and there was no way anyone could have come into the room and opened the closet without my seeing them. I remember a terribly cold, prickly feeling coming over me as I stared at the closet door and then suddenly it slid shut with a loud bang. I screamed, and my mother came down the hall and asked what was wrong as I was scrambling out the bedroom door on my hands and knees. I sobbed as I told her what had happened, and she set me down in the hallway and marched into the room, thinking it was one of my idiot older brothers. As she moved to put her hand on the closet door to slide it open, she paused, and then called my stepdad into the room and told him to open the closet because she thought one of the older kids was playing a prank on me. My stepdad opened the door, and there was no one in there.

I refused to play in my room alone for the rest of the night, and that night when it was time for bed, made my stepdad disassemble the boxhouse for me and put it under my bed for safekeeping. I put my blankets and pillows back on my bed(which was the one farthest from the closet) and turned my back to the closet, pulled the covers over my head and went to sleep. I woke up a while later to the sound of my younger stepsister screaming that someone had opened the closet door and was staring at her from inside.

My mother had our parish priest come bless the house the next day, but my little sister and i slept in our older sister's room on the opposite side of the house that night.

I will add more experiences to this thread over time, but wanted to start off with just this one, which was probably the most scared I ever was as a child.

Hello. I am new here, but I am not new to the world of the paranormal. I have done investigations over the course of the last 25 years, but I do not consider myself an expert, because I still don't have answers to some of the things that I have seen, heard, and experienced.

My personal experiences began long before I began actively investigating them. My earliest memory of something happening that could not be explained was when I was about six years old. I was playing in my room, by myself, which I did a lot as a kid when I was at home, because even though I had a number of siblings, and had a bunch of cousins that lived with us for a while, I preferred to be by myself.

I had taken a couple of large boxes from when my mom had gotten a new washer and dryer, and had cut them so that they were able to be moved around and arranged into separate rooms of a house. I dragged my play kitchen stuff and some blankets and things into the "house" and was happily playing in a corner of the bedroom, opposite the closet door, which I had made sure was completely slid shut(to this day, I cannot stand a closet door being even partway open.) I had a window cut into the side of the box and could see the closet door through it. I was putting one of my baby dolls to "bed" when I noticed the closet door was no longer slid all the way shut, but was open several inches. Now, just for clarification, the bedroom door was a good twelve feet away , and there was no way anyone could have come into the room and opened the closet without my seeing them. I remember a terribly cold, prickly feeling coming over me as I stared at the closet door and then suddenly it slid shut with a loud bang. I screamed, and my mother came down the hall and asked what was wrong as I was scrambling out the bedroom door on my hands and knees. I sobbed as I told her what had happened, and she set me down in the hallway and marched into the room, thinking it was one of my idiot older brothers. As she moved to put her hand on the closet door to slide it open, she paused, and then called my stepdad into the room and told him to open the closet because she thought one of the older kids was playing a prank on me. My stepdad opened the door, and there was no one in there.

I refused to play in my room alone for the rest of the night, and that night when it was time for bed, made my stepdad disassemble the boxhouse for me and put it under my bed for safekeeping. I put my blankets and pillows back on my bed(which was the one farthest from the closet) and turned my back to the closet, pulled the covers over my head and went to sleep. I woke up a while later to the sound of my younger stepsister screaming that someone had opened the closet door and was staring at her from inside.

My mother had our parish priest come bless the house the next day, but my little sister and i slept in our older sister's room on the opposite side of the house that night.

I will add more experiences to this thread over time, but wanted to start off with just this one, which was probably the most scared I ever was as a child.
Hello, Seeker, and welcome to the Paranormal Forum family. I'm Debi, owner and admin.

It always seems to start that way, doesn't it? We're young and little and the activity starts....thus a life long seeker emerges from the experience. Looking forward to reading more of your experiences. If you have any questions or need assist, just tag me or one of the staff members here. :)

Reactions: Paintman
Thanks, Debi! I have had some very weird experiences over the course of my life, and most of the people that have heard about them just kind of nod their heads and change the subject. Glad this forum is here for me to relate and share!

Thanks, Debi! I have had some very weird experiences over the course of my life, and most of the people that have heard about them just kind of nod their heads and change the subject. Glad this forum is here for me to relate and share!
You'll find this a very safe place to share, Seeker. I don't allow trolls, and this group is very open to hearing and sharing all experiences. Read some of the others that have shared here and you'll find an accepting group.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman

Welcome to the forum Seeker! Debi is correct in saying you will find many like individuals on this site. Jump in and EXPLORE!

Hi Seeker. Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Reactions: Paintman
Hi Seeker, Welcome aboard ! Lot's of self reports and published stuff here to discuss. Plus new takes on the old classics. I came here for the Art Bell radio show and stuck around for the quality of the content and people.
(Debi, you owe me dinner now.):p

Hi Seeker, Welcome aboard ! Lot's of self reports and published stuff here to discuss. Plus new takes on the old classics. I came here for the Art Bell radio show and stuck around for the quality of the content and people.
(Debi, you owe me dinner now.):p
LOL Pizza? ;)

Seeker, we have a chat thread everyday as well. We hop on and off it all day just with random stuff, but meet every evening at 10 PM Eastern to listen to a paranormal radio show together. We'd love to have you join in any time.

Reactions: Supernatural Seeker