My experience: three different people saw the same ghost.

eclecticeccentric

Reaction score
My welcome email encouraged me to post here, i don't usually write about myself but a conversation has to start somewhere.

This happened to me a few years ago. i was living in a very old building in an area that has been affected by war in its history, i don't know if the building predated the war but it was easily 50-100 years old and had a lot of stone masonry.

A friend who claimed to be sensitive to said they saw an apparition of a woman walk along the hallway near the front door, hesitate for a second then turn left and walk through the wall as if there was a door there (the internal walls of the building may well have been newer than the rest of the structure). They went into some detail about the ghosts appearance around the face and that her dress may be blue or have some blue in the design.

Months later i was discussing the supernatural in general with a friend who had no connection whatsoever to the first person, I mentioned to person B that someone once saw something in my house in that corridor. Person B got quite excited and said something like "the thing in the corridor that goes through the wall?" I saw the potential in the situation and asked B to tell and show me exactly what they saw, they couldn't see any detail but they described a "shadow" or a "haze" that moved along the corridor by the front door and pointed to the exact same point in the wall where it turned left and disappeared through the wall.

Some weeks later a i was speaking to a young friend (C) who may have had some level of sight and i asked them if they saw anything in my house, they wandered around (i was careful to occupy myself making tea in the kitchen to avoid accidentally influencing them) they said they felt a few mild things in the house but then after spending a few minutes in the hallway they described a female figure walking down the corridor from the front door, hesitating for a moment, turning left and walking through the wall like it wasn't there. person C also said the woman seemed shocked, traumatized, like she'd just learned of the death of a loved one or something similar, she saw no colour and very little detail.

Now I've always been a believer in a lot of supernatural and paranormal things but I'm also aware of how eager people can be to confirm their beliefs, i know suggestible people can be, i know how effective cold reading can be, i know that a lot (maybe a majority) of people who claim to have seen things are either delusional, narcissistic fantasists, or just liars. when i encounter things like this I'm careful to have no preconceptions either way. I'm certain that there was absolutely no contact between person A and the others, i'd never even spoken of A to any of my other friends. I know persons B & C had met and traveled in the same circles but am fairly certain they didn't confer or conspire, especially as B had the least detail.

TLDR: three different people with little to no connection saw and described the same ghost in the same place months apart.

Hi and welcome! And thanks for sharing your story.

One of the true hallmarks of paranormal activity is separate reports of the same phenomena. Your story fits in that category.

Hope you'll find more in the forum to comment on and become part of the family here. :)

Welcome to the forum eclectic,it's nice to get some confirmation on these things.My belief is ghosts are just an image of people past,caught in time like a snapshot or vid but have seen plenty myself not to doubt.

Welcome to the forum eclectic,it's nice to get some confirmation on these things.My belief is ghosts are just an image of people past,caught in time like a snapshot or vid but have seen plenty myself not to doubt.
thanks, azentity.
I definitely think you're right about "echo" type ghosts in this case, harmless psychic recordings on a place seem to be fairly common.
However I'm not convinced its "the explanation" for all "ghost" type phenomena. maybe just one type.

Hi and welcome! And thanks for sharing your story.

One of the true hallmarks of paranormal activity is separate reports of the same phenomena. Your story fits in that category.

Hope you'll find more in the forum to comment on and become part of the family here. :)
Thanks, Debi.
That's what made me share this story in particular, quite conclusive evidence and a very simple phenomena.
(p.s. i may have accidentally "reported" your comment when i was trying to reply. if so; sorry about that, i hope as owner/admin you're able to ignore it)

Thanks, Debi.
That's what made me share this story in particular, quite conclusive evidence and a very simple phenomena.
(p.s. i may have accidentally "reported" your comment when i was trying to reply. if so; sorry about that, i hope as owner/admin you're able to ignore it)
LOL You'll find I'm very laid back on things like that. Not to worry!

Reactions: Black Cloud
This is a great story. Sounds like textbook case (or would if there was actual textbooks about such things) of a residual haunting. The energy of this woman was somehow recorded in the environment and is now being played back on occasion. This is why it keeps going along the same pathway and doing the same actions. It's not a sentient entity with agency of it's own.

Saying that there was a lot of masonry also ties into this. It's thought that certain metals or mineral, such as iron and limestone, are better at recording and storing such energies. Do you happen to know what kinds of material the masonry was?

It's also very interesting that all three reported the same activity but also each say different levels of detail. It goes along with the theory that such activity is simply not observable by everyone. Similar to how a color blind person simply cannot see certain things no matter how many people try to point it out to them.

It's also very interesting that all three reported the same activity but also each say different levels of detail. It goes along with the theory that such activity is simply not observable by everyone.
I agree SD. I’ve posted on PNF in the past about an occurrence where I and a friend feel we both saw the same “ghost” at the same time. However, she is confident about the serious level of detail of the image she saw while I saw same but my image was more transparent with maybe 20% of the details not visible to me.