My experience: three different people saw the same ghost.

This is a great story. Sounds like textbook case (or would if there was actual textbooks about such things) of a residual haunting. The energy of this woman was somehow recorded in the environment and is now being played back on occasion. This is why it keeps going along the same pathway and doing the same actions. It's not a sentient entity with agency of it's own.

Saying that there was a lot of masonry also ties into this. It's thought that certain metals or mineral, such as iron and limestone, are better at recording and storing such energies. Do you happen to know what kinds of material the masonry was?

It's also very interesting that all three reported the same activity but also each say different levels of detail. It goes along with the theory that such activity is simply not observable by everyone. Similar to how a color blind person simply cannot see certain things no matter how many people try to point it out to them.
Well stated. I think some people have the right ability to tune into certain energies. I’ve always thought of physic people as being able to tune into the frequency to get information those of us with less high tech receivers can’t.

Hi Electric, thanks for sharing this haunting. It certainly sounds like a residual energy left in time. Perhaps really traumatic emotional events, or repeated patterns make a wave in time? Could it be we are seeing through to the actual event? Or perhaps it’s just recorded energy on the available material.

Lynne WitchAndShaman Stevedog ozentity (replying to several of you because you all raised similar points)

I've had quite a lot of "experiences" over time but never been able to "see" myself; I've tended to find myself associating with "sensitives", and "students of weird" of varying levels of experience.

I've heard, and seen evidence, of the idea that stonework absorbs echoes better than normal; and although i cant be certain of the building in this story specifically, the vast majority of the buildings in the area where, indeed, limestone.
That, combined with the fact the place had seen conflict, resulted in quite a lot of these sorts of echoes in the area; i just picked this story because it's by far the most conclusive sounding due to the multiple witnesses.

p.s. there definitely ARE textbooks on the subject although they rarely agree with each other. by far my greatest frustration is having to re-define every term whenever a discussion passes from one group to another (and exactly what level of "real" they're happy with discussing before they draw an arbitrary line between sane and delusional. we all have a line, its needed, loonies exist, but no two people draw it in the same place)

p.p.s. sorry, didnt mean to rant

Lynne WitchAndShaman Stevedog ozentity (replying to several of you because you all raised similar points)

I've had quite a lot of "experiences" over time but never been able to "see" myself; I've tended to find myself associating with "sensitives", and "students of weird" of varying levels of experience.

I've heard, and seen evidence, of the idea that stonework absorbs echoes better than normal; and although i cant be certain of the building in this story specifically, the vast majority of the buildings in the area where, indeed, limestone.
That, combined with the fact the place had seen conflict, resulted in quite a lot of these sorts of echoes in the area; i just picked this story because it's by far the most conclusive sounding due to the multiple witnesses.

p.s. there definitely ARE textbooks on the subject although they rarely agree with each other. by far my greatest frustration is having to re-define every term whenever a discussion passes from one group to another (and exactly what level of "real" they're happy with discussing before they draw an arbitrary line between sane and delusional. we all have a line, its needed, loonies exist, but no two people draw it in the same place)

p.p.s. sorry, didnt mean to rant
Hey E, didn’t sound like a rant to me. No need to apologize here as long as you are not making personal attacks.

I know what you mean about terminology complicating the open discussion and even slowing progress. Most of us here are very good about agreeing to use just about any specified “term” in order to further a discussion even if that term only lives inside of one thread. We want to communicate, we want to learn, therefore we want to be understood.

Please tell us about your other less repeatable experiences E. Seemingly unrelated events - under analysis - can contribute to our understanding of other slightly similar events.

;)
D1898871-34A4-41EF-947B-8C1B9402180A.png

Reactions: Donna Lee and Debi
This is a great story. Sounds like textbook case (or would if there was actual textbooks about such things) of a residual haunting. The energy of this woman was somehow recorded in the environment and is now being played back on occasion. This is why it keeps going along the same pathway and doing the same actions. It's not a sentient entity with agency of it's own.

Saying that there was a lot of masonry also ties into this. It's thought that certain metals or mineral, such as iron and limestone, are better at recording and storing such energies. Do you happen to know what kinds of material the masonry was?

It's also very interesting that all three reported the same activity but also each say different levels of detail. It goes along with the theory that such activity is simply not observable by everyone. Similar to how a color blind person simply cannot see certain things no matter how many people try to point it out to them.
Ha! I was just going to say that very thing. Sounds like a residual event, playing itself back on occasion. No intelligence behind it or no interaction with those who are observing. It's so amazing to see such things. Great story!

Different people seeing the same event over time is what validates a haunting, but as you say is more likely to just be a recorded event that some of us are able to see.
It still gives you a sense of achievement when you can compare different whitness accounts and come up with a match. Even better when there is some recorded history to back it up.

Traumatic events seem to be recorded more than the mundane, and I think mine are 80-90% like this. But I also get things that were repeated in a place as an imprint too.

Perhaps the most interesting comment here is questioning whether the event seen is recorded in the fabric of the building for anyone to view now, or is the event a placemarker in time that allows us to look back in time to that event.

Different people seeing the same event over time is what validates a haunting, but as you say is more likely to just be a recorded event that some of us are able to see.
It still gives you a sense of achievement when you can compare different whitness accounts and come up with a match. Even better when there is some recorded history to back it up.

Traumatic events seem to be recorded more than the mundane, and I think mine are 80-90% like this. But I also get things that were repeated in a place as an imprint too.

Perhaps the most interesting comment here is questioning whether the event seen is recorded in the fabric of the building for anyone to view now, or is the event a placemarker in time that allows us to look back in time to that event.
The last paragraph is what I was thinking. Well stated

Reactions: WitchAndShaman