My dad was haunted by a spirit.

Eli

Reaction score
I'm going to preface this with my dad passed away six years ago in September, and experiencing him after death is a whole 'nother story.

When I was 18, my mother kicked me out of the house(long story short, my brother was spoiled and she kicked me out when I didn't make my boyfriend lend my brother a game) and I went to live with my father, whom I hadn't seen much growing up. There was a solid five years I didn't see him.

After I was moved in, it was pretty clear everyone had different sleeping schedules than me. I was a night owl, and often stayed up util six in the morning, on the computer. I was incredibly depressed and couldn't sleep much.

About a week after I moved in, everyone had gone to bed, and I was sitting alone in the living room, on the family computer. I had my headphones on, watching Youtube videos. I was searching for videos when I thought I heard something by the front door. I only had to lean over just a bit to see the front door in full view.

There was a shadow of a small child, with just a hint of blue around his legs and chest. It turned to the right and ran towards my dad and stepmom's door, which was only a few feet away. I flung my headphones off(have you ever felt your heart slam into your throat? Because that's what I felt) and jumped up, looking at the door. It was closed. I left the computer on and went straight to the room I shared with my sister. I tucked my behind into bed and convinced myself that it was a hallucination.

The next day, everyone got up, went to work and school, leaving me alone at the house. My sister had a tendency to sneak out, so the alarm was set for the front and back door. I was alone in the house.

Not about to let some silly dream I had(I convinced myself it was a dream at this point) keep me from enjoying my day, I got up, ate, and got back on the computer. After about twenty or so minutes, my chair scooted back, away from the desk. I scooted back up, thinking it had slid from on the tile.randomly. Five minutes or so later, I felt a pressure on the arm rest, like someone was leaning on it, ad the chair was pushed back again. I jumped up, now pretty much convinced I had gone crazy.

I busied myself with television until everyone got home, which seemed to take an eternity. My sister got home first, and I asked her if anything weird happened around the house. It was then she decided to tell me about Little Boy Blue. She said he followed dad around and she had seen him a couple of times, ad he's not mean, just playful. I wasn't convinced.

When my dad got home, I asked him about it. When he was a little boy, a friend of his died in the trailer park he lived in. They were both about 4 years old. He drowned in a kiddie pool they had. He didn't know if it was murder or an accident. Ever since then, that little boy had followed him around, no matter where he went.

Unsure, I called my grandma, who was no help in convincing me they were all crazy. She told me stories about LBB and his shenanigans, and assured me that as long as I'm firm with him, he wouldn't mess with me. That I was to treat him like a living child, and be very clear and firm about leaving me alone.

I was at a loss. My whole family was obviously out of their minds. I reluctantly asked my brothers if they had seen him, and they both said yes. So it was then that I realized I was outnumbered and should face the music.

It was a few weeks before anything else happened. One evening I got up to get some water, and came back to find the chair spinning gently. I waited several seconds to see if it would stop. When it didn't, I cleared my throat and said "Hey, I need to sit down, so could you stop, please?"

It stopped.

I eventually got more comfortable with the idea of a ghost being there, though after moving out, I find myself back to being anxious about it. When my father passed away, Little Boy Blue went with him. It's been six years, and no one has had an experience since.

Hi Eli. Thanks for sharing your experience with little boy blue and your father. I'm glad that LBB could move on to the next phase of his life.

Reactions: Lynne
Welcome Eli. That had to be a difficult time in your life. I hope things have improved for you. Thanks for your story.

It sounds like your family had learned how to deal with it and the problem has resolved. You may never know for sure what it really was. Sometimes just putting an event in writing and sharing helps put the situation in perspective.

I agree with Lynne that we may never know what it was. However the fact it responded to your command certainly demonstrates intelligence. I really enjoy these types of ghost stories. The fact it wasn't malevolent is refreshing and the fact it was a child apparition is also interesting. What is the most interesting to me is the fact he disappeared with your father. Hopefully LBB was able to move on peacefully with the help of his old childhood pal.

Reactions: Lynne