My collection

contact ebay and let them know what is going on. if you saved the notice from ebay about the seller it will help. usually ebay is fairly easy to work with, they are good at protecting the buyers from scams and such. i sometimes sell on ebay and so far they havent been hard to communicate with. it should be fairly easy and straightforward to get refunded.
just wanted to add, on the ebay home page across the top there is a tab labled help and contact, just over from the sign in tab, click it and you can search for solutions or contact them regarding a problem

Thanks Paul. I have used Ebay a lot, and this is the first time I have felt confused. Here is a cut and paste from Ebay:

Hello (I erased my user name here),
We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won due to concerns with the seller's account:
124521713184 - Prisoner: Cell Block H (1979-1986 TV series)(complete series) DVD-R

Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Center. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at: Get help with an item that hasn't arrived

So does this mean I can still expect the package? I looked in the resolution center options but still couldn't make out what to expect. Money has not gone out, and I know that Paypal doesn't pay the seller until the package ships.

Reactions: Paulm
Thanks Paul. I have used Ebay a lot, and this is the first time I have felt confused. Here is a cut and paste from Ebay:

Hello (I erased my user name here),
We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won due to concerns with the seller's account:
124521713184 - Prisoner: Cell Block H (1979-1986 TV series)(complete series) DVD-R

Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Center. You can learn how to do this, plus find timelines for opening cases, at: Get help with an item that hasn't arrived

So does this mean I can still expect the package? I looked in the resolution center options but still couldn't make out what to expect. Money has not gone out, and I know that Paypal doesn't pay the seller until the package ships.
some of those notices can be kinda cryptic in there meaning / understanding. if the money hasnt been paid out yet then just sit on it for a couple days and see if it goes through and ships. you could notify the seller but ebay kinda frowns on sellers communicating with buyers directly, so he may not answer back, dont let that scare you its just policy for some sellers. but asking a shipping time or status is sometimes allowed. if he gets pinged as a bad seller or concerns you should get another notice stating your order was cancelled, if it goes more than a week yo umay want to contact ebay and ask if it has been canceled or your order was released from paypal payouts

Well, just got a note from Ebay that there was something off about the listing and it has been removed. I contacted the seller before this, when the order still hadn't shipped a week after I placed it. The seller said it would ship on Monday, but still no proof that is has. Now this. Is anyone familiar with how ebay works? The note I got said that the listing was removed, but then said that I should contact ebay if my order doesn't arrive. I am very confused.
I had the same thing happen to me on eBay less than a year ago. I bid on a book from the UK, was informed I'd won it, and got a PM from the seller acknowledging my purchase. I paid through PayPal, but never got the book.

Almost a month later I contacted PayPal and was told the seller had taken the book off and had withdrawn from eBay. They refunded my money. The lady I spoke with told me the seller probably sold the book locally for more than they were going to make from me and just blew us off.

Reactions: garnetsilver