My Cemetery Story

SunnySide

Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself and share a strange story from many moons ago :)

I was about 10 years old at the time and living in a remote rural area in Europe. I lived about 3-4 miles from my school and always walked home with a friend. Out of boredom we decided to explore a nearby abandoned cemetery one day. It was a bit away from everything, so naturally there was nobody there. It was November and a gloomy cloudy afternoon, bare trees, wet brown leaves on the ground, but no snow yet.

As we were walking around the old graves, we started discussing how they all had died and if any of them were murdered. Suddenly my friend goes white as a sheet and points to a grave almost in front of us. The grave was entirely covered in leaves, but there were 2 mushrooms growing out of it. They were the coprinus comatus (shaggy mane), essentially a tall thin white mushroom, one big one and one small one. They were astonishingly white and pure, which was surprising considering how muddy everything else was and coprinus comatus tends to get darker flakes on top or get inky under the edges.

It wasn't the whiteness and random location of the mushrooms that shocked us, but the fact that there were streams of bright red blood streaming down the white legs of the mushrooms.
They weren't bleeding before we got there, it happened right as we looked at them. We turned around and RAN, we must've ran at least a mile straight before we stopped lol.

Somehow I managed to forget about the incident until years later, when I was 21. I read a book about paranormal true stories and came across one where a lady saw blood materializing randomly. Either in her home, or she'd be at a market, pick up an apple and the other side was covered with fresh blood. She wrote that eventually someone told her that in the Bible it says "The soul is in the blood" (or something along the lines) and realized there was a soul trying to catch her attention. She had some sort of a prayer said by a priest for the soul and it never happened again.

I figured perhaps that soul (or 2 souls since there was also a baby mushroom) was asking for our help and I decided to go back and look for the grave. I couldn't find it. I just couldn't remember which part it was in and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary anymore.

My friend has the exact same memory of that situation, so I know I wasn't hallucinating lol.

Any opinions on what we saw?

Let me just say that sometimes what we "see" isn't physical. It may have been more of a "psychic" projection of blood. I've rarely encountered spirits hanging out in cemeteries, believe it or not. Most spirits that might be earth bound normally go to their last home, or even the hospital where they died. It would be really difficult to tell if someone was reaching out for help through the sign you saw, hon. I'd really need more activity to give you a good opinion on whether it was a true psychic encounter or not.

Reactions: Lynne and SunnySide
Hi Sunny. Thanks for sharing your expierence. You will probably never know what it meant. However I do believe these these things happen to us for a reason. Ask yourself what did you take away from this? It may be as simple as teaching you that there is more to this world than what we see and feel. I’m betting you took something away from it.

Reactions: SunnySide
Let me just say that sometimes what we "see" isn't physical. It may have been more of a "psychic" projection of blood. I've rarely encountered spirits hanging out in cemeteries, believe it or not.

I figured before that there may be a soul stuck that hasn't moved on, although I have no idea why they would choose two 10 year old kids to contact. And we both definitely saw the same thing lol.

My mom passed away suddenly from stroke when she was 50. She was my best friend. On the first Christmas Eve after her death we went to light the candles in the cemetery on her grave and my grandparents graves that are right next to hers.
When we got there, there was a freshly lit candle on her grave. I mean FRESHLY lit, the wax hadn't melted even a tiniest bit around the flame. There was nobody at the cemetery. There was snow all around the grave from earlier, as in, not freshly fallen and there were no footprints at all.
The cemetery is also way out in the country for any of her friends or extended family to travel there for hours on Christmas Eve.
I would like to think that her spirit did hang out at the cemetery just that time, to say hi to us ;)

Ask yourself what did you take away from this? It may be as simple as teaching you that there is more to this world than what we see and feel. I’m betting you took something away from it.
Hmmm.... I'm not sure what I got from it that time, it may have been one of my first proper paranormal experiences, so maybe it was an introduction haha.

Sunny I’m sorry to hear you lost your mom so young. I’m sure the candle was a sign. Our gut and heart usually tell us the truth.