My Brother's Spirit Orb Next to me

I believe these are spirit orbs of my brother, who passed away a year ago.
Having had my brother come to reassure me after passing over I can relate, I just go on the experience at the time but you could investigate. Family stuff is so powerful and personal I believe it's safe to say it was real.

Having had my brother come to reassure me after passing over I can relate, I just go on the experience at the time but you could investigate. Family stuff is so powerful and personal I believe it's safe to say it was real.
I am sorry to hear about your brother. The grief is so strong, isn't it? :( My brother and I were only a year apart in age, we had such a bond. In my EVPs, many of them are my brother speaking to me.

Wow! Thank you for the info. You must be the one Debi spoke of.
oh im not sure...maybe,.lol... this is an interesting study. have you studied zen Buddhism? that would also help to understand more of the meditative side of this along with the meaning and tradition. a lot of western understandings was brought forth by freud, and carl jung, who had a huge interest in Buddhism but in doing so a lot of the eastern teachings or meaning were actually lost in translation (so to speak) then came leary who muddied it up further. so going to the actual roots of Buddhism and its different sects and disciplines is needed to fully understand the meanings and practices. the tao te ching, the book of five rings, the use of koans etc.. are all a good start and interesting / popular to read but you have to delve deep into far east philosophies with an open and empty mind to really understand. dont compare with other teachings. its not a dogmatic system, but a lifestyle. learn the life/path first and the rest will follow

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear about your brother. The grief is so strong, isn't it? :( My brother and I were only a year apart in age, we had such a bond. In my EVPs, many of them are my brother speaking to me.
Thank you, it's 20 years ago now but the memory is like yesterday. Something about your sibling passing for me is that they are still with you until we meet up one day, I sort of resented him leaving me here for a while but we all have our given time I feel. It's a bond that never dies, a beautiful thing. Your brother is with you always :smile:

Hi Poeticas48.

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.

Being a paranormal investigator, there is a process we go through to determine if something is paranormal or not. This involves ruling out natural explanations first for any phenomena noted. It is not that nobody believes what is claimed by anyone, but in the paranormal field, this is just the way things have to be done to provide credible evidence.

If you rule out all explainable causes, only the unexplainable can exist.

Now, considering the position of the light in the room in relation to the position of the photographer, and looking at the irregular shapes of the object seen (particularly in the second image), we do need to consider that this is simply a lens flare or some other digital anomaly.

I do not want to take anything away from you, or what you believe, but if we are looking for facts and the truth, then we must consider all the possibilities, and I have an issue with the light source in the room in relation to the camera.

I would be interested to hear about anything else you may have witnessed, or "picked up" on, from an activity point of view. This could lend credence to the potential that these are indeed orbs. Have you captured anything similar taking other pictures around the home? Standing in the same positions and under the same lighting conditions, can this image be replicated?

I truly believe in the paranormal - it is the basis behind my own belief system. I have witnessed too many things during my time as a paranormal investigator to say that I do not believe. I really want these to be something that brings you comfort in the knowledge that your brother is in visitation with you. However, as an investigator, for me personally there is a lot of things to look at, and rule out, before stating that these are indeed paranormal.

Yeah it's hard to say what the conditions were, if I used a flash, etc. because this was taken a year ago closely after my brothe r
Hi Poeticas48.

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.

Being a paranormal investigator, there is a process we go through to determine if something is paranormal or not. This involves ruling out natural explanations first for any phenomena noted. It is not that nobody believes what is claimed by anyone, but in the paranormal field, this is just the way things have to be done to provide credible evidence.

If you rule out all explainable causes, only the unexplainable can exist.

Now, considering the position of the light in the room in relation to the position of the photographer, and looking at the irregular shapes of the object seen (particularly in the second image), we do need to consider that this is simply a lens flare or some other digital anomaly.

I do not want to take anything away from you, or what you believe, but if we are looking for facts and the truth, then we must consider all the possibilities, and I have an issue with the light source in the room in relation to the camera.

I would be interested to hear about anything else you may have witnessed, or "picked up" on, from an activity point of view. This could lend credence to the potential that these are indeed orbs. Have you captured anything similar taking other pictures around the home? Standing in the same positions and under the same lighting conditions, can this image be replicated?

I truly believe in the paranormal - it is the basis behind my own belief system. I have witnessed too many things during my time as a paranormal investigator to say that I do not believe. I really want these to be something that brings you comfort in the knowledge that your brother is in visitation with you. However, as an investigator, for me personally there is a lot of things to look at, and rule out, before stating that these are indeed paranormal

Poetic, since you are interested in someone checking it out for being paranormal, any background info on the conditions in the room will be helpful. Such as time of day? Mirrors? Light sources and window locations. Did you use a flash ? Etc.
Yeah it's hard to say what the conditions were, if I used a flash, etc. because this was taken a year ago closely after my brother died. I didn't even recognize that there was a green light next to me in the pictures until I uploaded them to Facebook. If I saw those lights in the pictures right away, I would have taken shots everywhere.
The main thing that makes me believe it's my brother is that I was getting EVPs from him at the same time (see my other post for the EVPs), and we promised each other that we would contact each other if one of us died and unfortunately he died months later.

we promised each other that we would contact each other if one of us died
Same thing with me and my brother, he actually said he would come back and haunt me, lol then said he wouldn't do that. He did come back on his death which I didn't know about and was talking in my ear saying he was ok and was in a place of pure love. A couple of hours later mum discovered his body. I think he was preparing me for the shock but at least I knew he was ok and paved the way for me when it's time. He always had to outdo me, lol.

oh im not sure...maybe,.lol... this is an interesting study. have you studied zen Buddhism? that would also help to understand more of the meditative side of this along with the meaning and tradition. a lot of western understandings was brought forth by freud, and carl jung, who had a huge interest in Buddhism but in doing so a lot of the eastern teachings or meaning were actually lost in translation (so to speak) then came leary who muddied it up further. so going to the actual roots of Buddhism and its different sects and disciplines is needed to fully understand the meanings and practices. the tao te ching, the book of five rings, the use of koans etc.. are all a good start and interesting / popular to read but you have to delve deep into far east philosophies with an open and empty mind to really understand. dont compare with other teachings. its not a dogmatic system, but a lifestyle. learn the life/path first and the rest will follow
I haven't studied Zen Buddhism, but I am a Buddhist. My name is Tenzin, named after the Dalai Lama. I learned from my father. I remember asking him whether it was Theravada and Mahayana Buddhism, but it was a very long time ago; he since passed away. I think he said it was a mixture of both.