Music favorites (add on list)

This is for Debi. Lady and Mother of this House. Never under-estimate the Power of a Mother's Love.

Diva Opera ~ Fifth Element
I accept this gift with open arms and a smile....it has significance to me. (But you knew that now, didn't you? Someone whispered it to you, I'm sure.)

Reactions: Donna K.

The year she hit it big with "Dominique," I was a second grader at a Catholic primary school. She and her song were all the rage around the school/parish. At the time, my teacher was a tiny, black Sister of Charity nun from inner city Detroit who also played a guitar and sang. She was dubbed, "Our Own Singing Nun," by the parish at large.

Unfortunately the original singing nun, Soeur Sourire, led a very tragic life after her brief popular musical career. She eventually became disenchanted, left the convent, and sadly committed suicide back in the 1980s. I remember her death getting just a smattering of news coverage in the US.

An under-rated Hollies song

The Hollies - Don't Let Me Down

you gotta love the three-part vocal harmonies
I suppose that we have all felt these lyrics when we are missing someone.

Last edited:

Music produced & arranged by Joe Tansin,
Directed by Joe Tansin
Director of photography Chris Hume ,
Dean Ford - Vocals,
Joe Tansin - Guitar, Banjo, Keyboard, percussion & backing vocals,
Jon Gold - Organ,
Jen Kuhn - Cello,
Rick Sailon - Fiddle. Asst.
Engineer Jack Tansin.

Dean Ford (born Thomas McAleese) was a Scottish singer and songwriter
best known for his tenure as lead vocalist and frontman
of the beat pop group Marmalade from 1966 to 1974.
Ford co-wrote the group's worldwide hit "Reflections of My Life"
with fellow band member Junior Campbell.

Born: September 5, 1946, Coatbridge, United Kingdom
Died: December 31, 2018, Los Angeles, CA

[Critter: This was wonderfully produced, in tribute to a great singer and songwriter ]
Question: How does someone write a song like this at age 23 that is more meaningful today than when it was written ?
More on Dean/Thomas: Dean Ford | Wikiwand
Song details:
Reflections of My Life - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Wow. Okay. I see I might as well put the coffee on. I feel a concert coming in my imminent future. All really powerful music here guys.

Question: How does someone write a song like this at age 23 that is more meaningful today than when it was written ?

This one is going to have to travel with me. Immediately took me to 'that' place where tears fill the eyes and you are lost in the moment. Music truly never dies. It is Universal I think... A song like this. Is inspired. Thank you 7Christie, for posting this.

Reactions: 7Critter
Okay Paintman. This is yours. When I think of you, I think of all that I love about this Country. You remind me of a simpler day. A more innocent day. Summer evenings. Baseball on the TV or Radio. Hot dogs on the grill. Secure in the knowledge that the world was spinning just right. Moments frozen in time. I hope for you, the Peace and Innocence of those gone by days. Light and Laughter Rain Down Upon You and Your House Paintman. I will carry Summer always with me, through you.

Beautiful Young Girl Sings A Wonderful Version of Leonard Cohen's ~ Hallelujah

Reactions: 7Critter