Music favorites (add on list)

I was lucky enough have a jam with Paddy a one time member of the Dubliners. I don't think anyone does this song better which represents all those Irish immigrants and more who left their home country to make a new life in America;

Reactions: Mokey and Debi
Gypsy
Shakira

***We've always listened to Shakira in this household, but Lex had never seen her before until he watched a video at the ripe old age of 6. We had an important appointment that day and he would only talk about Shakira. He was begging over and over for me to take him on the airplane to Colombia where she lived. The appointment turned it into a total flop because he would not stop talking about his new love and wife for over an hour.

For the next many months he had learned the words to many many of her songs including both English and Spanish.. and the dance moves that went with Them! He'd practice every single day singing and dancing in front of the full-length mirror in my daughter's bedroom.

Towards the end of the school year the boys in the school told him that girls had cooties, so he should not be trying to live up to his new life goal. That goal was becoming one of Shakira's background dancers.

We will never forget that time in his life. We also miss him singing his Shakira songs. However, even though he has to pretend he doesn't like her anymore, he does like when Mom sings along.***

Broke my heart On the road_
Spent the weekend Sewing the pieces back on_

Friends and thoughts pass me by_
Walking gets too boring When you learn how to fly_

Not the homecoming kind_
Take the top off And who knows what you might find_

Won't confess all my sins_
You can bet I'll try it But you can't always win_

Cause I'm a gypsy_
Are you coming with me?
I might steal your clothes And wear them if they fit me_

I never made agreements Just like a gypsy_
And I won't back down 'Cause life's already bit me_
And I won't cry I'm too young to die If you're gonna quit me 'Cause I'm a gypsy 'Cause I'm a gypsy_

I can't hide What I've done_
Scars remind me Of just how far that I've come_
To whom it may concern_
Only run with scissors When you want to get hurt_

Cause I'm a gypsy Are you coming with me?_

I don't make agreements Just like a gypsy_
And I won't back down 'Cause life's already bit me_
And I won't cry I'm too young to die If you're gonna quit me_
Cause I'm a gypsy_

I said hey you You're no fool If you say "no"_
Ain't it just the way life goes?_
People fear what they don't know_

Come along for the ride oh yeah Come along for the ride ooh_

Cause I'm a gypsy_
Are you coming with me?

I never made agreements Just like a gypsy_ I won't back down 'Cause life's already bit me_
And I won't cry I'm too young to die If you're gonna quit me_
Cause I'm a gypsy

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter
TonyM

David Bowie's bass player wrote this tune called Carillon. I recorded this years ago in my living room, we still keep in touch.

https://monaghan.tv/music/carillon.mp3

Very lovely! I kept opening and playing a certain part and was comparing it to what my ear heard that would make me want sing... I'll show you in a minute.

Anyway I finally downloaded it so I could go back and forth easier. So yeah.. yours at 2:02 and then

:40 here

Tell me what my ear is trying to do?

LOL That ranks in the top of my strangest questions ever asked.

Last edited: