Mundane or paranormal stereo activity?

That almost sounds a bit "SLIder-ish" there, Wands! You've heard my tales about lights and electronics before. Could have been you! Remember if you were under pressure or stress at the time? Sometimes that keys these events.
Yes this is what I was thinking also. Even if it was a power surge to start the stereo , his fear directed his energy right at the equipment. Wands you have manipulated energy before, is this possible ?

I don't know if you've had older model speakers but even the early 2000's ones when you would get a text or phone call it would capture the waves going through the air and play them. This sound right here. Maybe it's a visual form of that? I remember the super old monitors would make bizarre sounds coming on like a nuclear power plant.

Another time I was at my parents house when I was younger and I had headphones in for hours. I got up for some water and every radio in the house had been turned on and set to a mariachi station. Every radio in the house was in no way changed to that station. I didn't know how to take it or if it was making fun of my Hispanic heritage?

Another time in the same house a bottle of bleach unscrewed itself and started pouring into a puddle of battery acid creating chlorine gas. I heard my dog howling so I went to go check it out and as soon as I opened the door I saw a white misty cloud. I could smell chlorine. I could feel my eyes and my skin burning but especially my tear ducts. I knew instantly this is not good, and I ran grabbed my gas mask (which people make fun of me for having but it will save my life) I luckily have several gas masks and I put one on and grabbed my dog and started washing out his eyes and fur before washing out my eyes and showering. I got a massive headache for about an hour after that.
Wow! That’s crazy dangerous. Was thisbin a garage ? Glad you were ok

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
I hope things are a bit more settled in your new location. You’ve been through a lot HJ.
Walked into the house and a divorce started but I hope that my mom has the strength to do it because my step dad is too toxic sadly. If she has he strength it will turn to a positive thing but right now it's very difficult.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Walked into the house and a divorce started but I hope that my mom has the strength to do it because my step dad is too toxic sadly. If she has he strength it will turn to a positive thing but right now it's very difficult.
I'll pray for you Herb

This thread was prompted by the title (not the content) of the thread, "Change the Station!" and a similar post made recently by another PNF'er on a different thread.

I think that many people have had an experience where some entertainment appliance like a radio, stereo, or television has seemingly activated - either turned on, off, or changed stations. This one is mine.

So that you can understand just how truly odd this was, I have to setup the physical scene for you. First of all, I lived alone in a very small condo (fewer than 700 square feet). The condo was essentially five rooms with the dining and living rooms combined into a single rectangle, then a door from that room into the only bedroom, and then another doorway leading from the bedroom into the only bathroom. There was line of sight between the doorways of those three rooms with only a distance of about eight feet between the doors.

More important than the doorways was the placement of my "entertainment center" (which was just a typical sofa-height console) in the living room and the three windows in that room. I was a very private person, so for the entire seven years I lived there, I kept the blinds closed on the only two real windows in this room. There was also a small window pane built into the top of the front door, and I kept that covered with paper. Essentially, there was no easy way to see into my condo from the outside.

As for the entertainment console, the room was so small that I had this console up against the wall with the arm of my sofa only about six inches aware from the front of the stereo components. Though the console structure was visible at one end, all of the stereo components - including a separate receiver, amplifier, turntable, etc. - were practically hidden.

All of the components were controlled by one infrared remote which required some mangling of my arms to control when seated because as I said all of the components were very well hidden behind and below the sofa arm. The stereo and the remote both had the kind of volume control which can only be stepped up incrementally - the kind that cannot be turned up aggressively with just a single adjustment.

I typically listened to CDs and rarely to the radio but on this random day I had all of my electronics off. So I was standing in the bathroom with my back to the bedroom; and all of a sudden the radio component of the stereo comes on at full volume...and, I do mean full volume. It was deafening. I ran out of the bathroom across the two steps it took to clear the bedroom and jumped into the living room/dining room not knowing what to expect. And, I found nothing but my stereo playing as loud as it possibly could. Slightly panicked and very annoyed I yelled, "Stop it!" and the stereo shut down completely.

It was essentially impossible (certainly beyond impractical) for anyone to have tried to play a joke on me and set this up in advance or be triggering it from nearby. I suspected that the cause might be a power surge or possibly the batteries in the remote going out and going wonky. But the fact that the stereo activity and noise stopped immediately upon my screeching, I doubt that any mundane electrical snafu caused this. I also know for certain that the volume did not step up incrementally because by the time the volume would have reached even 25% power it would have been really easy to hear it from where I was standing in the bathroom fewer than 12 feet away.

Unfortunately, unlike most other interesting occurrences in my life, I can't really make sense of this one mystically based on anything meaningful as I did not make note of the song that was playing nor did I make note of the exact date. So for me, this is just one of those "weird unexplained coincidences".

Anyone else have a similar happening to share?
I always run into a good thread when i need to go to bed I promise i will read this in its entirety tomorrow and comment if I get up in time my job is very demanding and it is tolling on me so I will get to this becaue I have a few thing I'd like to share as well on this.

Yes this is what I was thinking also. Even if it was a power surge to start the stereo , his fear directed his energy right at the equipment. Wands you have manipulated energy before, is this possible ?

There are those fabulous counseling skills of yours asking me to be more introspective than I have been thus far. You are correct Lynn that my interpretation on that entire, super short event thus far has been that it was external to me - that the cause was external.

As I posted, I don’t recall the exact date - the best I can recall is an approximate year range - so I can’t recall well what I was thinking. But Debi’s promptings too reminded me that I was at least aware that I had a lot of stress during those years. So maybe this was triggered by my errant energies.

If that happens to be true, does that mean that I experienced a poltergeist like event? Are SLIder events and poltergeists similar?

Sounds like more hard times but with the chance for goodness in the end HJ. Wishing your family the right, safe resolution. Good luck.

I always run into a good thread when i need to go to bed I promise i will read this in its entirety tomorrow and comment if I get up in time my job is very demanding and it is tolling on me so I will get to this becaue I have a few thing I'd like to share as well on this.

Sleep and work are life’s imperatives. My post can wait and so can I...I’ve put my spinal tinglies on pause until I get to read your later post Armand.

Reactions: Lynne