MUFON UFO Links

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
From the Anomolist:

Florida Witness Says Low Flying Object Were Silent MUFON
A strong positive for the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) is its Field Investigator system, which connects people with some training and study to reports gathered by its witness reporting database. This first case from Roger Marsh might seem relatively pedestrian save for two allied factors: the rather methodical process of elimination for alternative identifications described by the witness, and the witness' professional background.

An Alabama Witness Describes Disc UFO is a literally pedestrian report, in the sense of dog-walking. The witness did provide a video, from which the photograph in the article was taken. Certain elements in a Nebraska Witness Reports Missing Time After UFO Encounter invite comment. The narrative describes probably the "hundredth search for UFOs," an encounter that gets increasingly strange, a bright blue glob of shape-changing light hitching a ride, physiological and mechanical effects, apparently prior missing time, and a witness who would not allow further investigation of these claims.

An NC Witness Reports 'Fog' Around UFO takes us into more prosaic reporting, but has an interesting element in its vaporous component. (WM)

From the Anomolist:

Florida Witness Says Low Flying Object Were Silent MUFON
A strong positive for the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) is its Field Investigator system, which connects people with some training and study to reports gathered by its witness reporting database. This first case from Roger Marsh might seem relatively pedestrian save for two allied factors: the rather methodical process of elimination for alternative identifications described by the witness, and the witness' professional background.

An Alabama Witness Describes Disc UFO is a literally pedestrian report, in the sense of dog-walking. The witness did provide a video, from which the photograph in the article was taken. Certain elements in a Nebraska Witness Reports Missing Time After UFO Encounter invite comment. The narrative describes probably the "hundredth search for UFOs," an encounter that gets increasingly strange, a bright blue glob of shape-changing light hitching a ride, physiological and mechanical effects, apparently prior missing time, and a witness who would not allow further investigation of these claims.

An NC Witness Reports 'Fog' Around UFO takes us into more prosaic reporting, but has an interesting element in its vaporous component. (WM)

Thanks for the link, Debi. I have seen these capsule summaries of a small number of selected cases, guess I didn't remember the capsules include a "case closed as unknown" statement at the end. Hard to say how competently each case was investigated, however, without seeing individual reports. Not interested enough in reading their reports to join the organization. It's not the membership fee, I just don't want to get on their mailing list or the mailing lists of the types of outfits they might sell their membership list to.

I once attended a lecture by one of their "investigators" at a library, wasn't impressed he kept using terms like "the alien craft" and "spaceship" throughout his talk. After the presentation, I asked him privately about the use of such terms, pointing out doing so seemed presumptive. He didn't seem understand the point I was making, and explained he was simply using the terms as synonyms for the "reported object."

Last edited:
I just stumbled across them today so thought I'd throw them up here for everyone. I have no plans on signing up for anything either!