Moth appeared inside house on relative's funeral day.

Roffin

Reaction score
My aunt's husband passed away last year and a moth appeared in my house(which wasn't the house he passed away in) right before we went for the funeral. The only time we had moths appear in our house was more than five years ago (or even more) each time when the Ancestor's Day event was nearing. Since then moths stopped appearing and it was only at this time the moth appeared. I would like to know what you think of this and especially the western perspective of moths.

Reactions: ozentity
My aunt's husband passed away last year and a moth appeared in my house(which wasn't the house he passed away in) right before we went for the funeral. The only time we had moths appear in our house was more than five years ago (or even more) each time when the Ancestor's Day event was nearing. Since then moths stopped appearing and it was only at this time the moth appeared. I would like to know what you think of this and especially the western perspective of moths.
Butterflies, moths and birds are all seen as messengers from those who have passed, sent to visit the living to reassure them. Dragonflies are also in that group.

Dragonflies seem to have significance for me as they seem to appear after a loved one dies. My friend was dying and she'd had enough, one morning a dragonfly came and sat next to me in the yard and I felt a great calm and knew it was time, my friend passed away that day, I felt so happy for her.

My grandad passed after a long illness. The day he died a white fantail pigeon sat above his front door. It was still there 3 days later, when we came back from his funeral it had gone.He was a very gentle, loving man despite a very rough childhood with his terrible mother.

Black moths I believe are something else, they seem to appear when badness is around.

Where I was raised, moths, butterflies, and dragonflies were so common that if someone died every time one buzzed by me the US would have been depopulated long ago. What haunted me were the owls. They were all too often harbingers of death for me, mine, and many of my friends.

PS: When an owl flew to you and landed in a tree above you in the middle of the day it was NEVER a good thing. Generally, owls in the night were no problem.

Last edited: