Most productive time...

The earlier the better. I seem to be able to accomplish the most - with the best quality - in the mornings. Seems to me - at least from my business side - that after lunch way too many people around me tend to lose some of their cognitive skills and become especially emotional or needy compared to their morning mannerisms.

My morning routines might have been a learned pattern. My GF and I first met at work more than 35 years ago. That far back I wasn’t aware of “shielding” so at work I was being influenced by just about everyone’s unspoken desires and emotions. At some point my not-yet-then-GF was assigned to be the first person to essentially open up our business at 5AM. She would frequently come in and find the entire building dark except for my office. I would go into the office at 3AM so that I could have up to four hours of uncluttered space to accomplish tasks and goals before I had to deal with the onslaught of psychic clutter which would seem to grow as the number of staff in the building increased.
Very strategic !

Lynne, garnetsilver....you are my kind of peoples...lol I have two times I do best. Early evening, then the middle of the night. Owl habits, I'm afraid. The few times I've had to get up early morning, my family leads me around with coffee dangled in front of me. I'm seriously impaired upon waking up...lol UNLESS it's an emergency...then that kick of adrenaline hits and I'm totally together.

This evening biorhythm has emerged since my children have grown up. As a child, I was the first one up in the house. I used to tease my sister for standing by the closet in the morning before school and falling asleep on her feet. When the kids were young, they had to catch a bus at 6:30 AM....so there was a past when I was forced to be the morning glory. However, even back then, when I was writing or working on spiritual things, it was at night I did it best.

As long as I can be outside working or playing I can get along with just about any time of day.:) The one caveat is sunrise. Very overrated. Unless I am one of the few dewsweepers on a golf course.
To answer the question , I'm probably best physically around 10 a.m. and cognitively 3 p.m.. Food is always best near 11pm. (Second dinner.):D
When I had long papers to write in school I would work from noon until 9pm. That seemed to be a sweet spot for getting things done.
The funnest part of work is painting stores or restaurants all night. I could probably handle that shift full-time.
WandS, impressive.

6bgIcEA_d.jpg

WITH MOVING THE CLOCKS AGAIN, IT HAS BECOME APPARENT TO MOST OF US IT TAKES A FEW DAYS TO "ADJUST" TO THE NEW TIME.

DO YOU HAVE A TIME (OR TIMES) OF DAY YOU FIND YOURSELF TO BE MORE PRODUCTIVE? DO YOU HAVE A BEST TIME FOR CREATIVITY? A TIME OF DAY YOU CONSISTENTLY JUST CRAVE A NAP? WHAT ARE YOUR BEST TIMES?

I am trying to move my "flow" time to daylight. In the past my ability to "flow" was midnight; 3 am. I have myself "able" to work & even attain "flow" during daylight hours, but it depends on the task.

I couldn't fall asleep until nearly two am, then woke around 8 am and couldn't get back to sleep. :angry:

Reactions: Paintman