Most famous cryptid in my country

Ravenmann

Reaction score
Hello lads.

As the title says, i'll be writing about an cryptid famous in my country, which is Bosnia and Herzegovina. In my language, people call it "drekavac", which would translate to "screamer in english".

There are lots of stories about it, and lot of theories about what could it actually be. Ya know, some people say it's a ghost of a dead unbaptised child. The more realistic theories are that it's some unknown animal.

It has been seen by some people on rare occasions, who have described it as hideous. It's famous because of it's horrible high pitched scream, which even scares people and humans alike.

It may be a far fetch, but some people say that it's scream brings death( one lad died night after).

One lad saw it, and he described it as a horrible creature with horns and an open ribcage.

Well thats it, thanks for reading and share stories about cryptids from your country.

Wow thank you for sharing about your country's "drekavac", the screaming makes me think of a banshee but never heard one described with that appearance. I will be interested in hearing more about this. Welcome to the forum, look around & I'm sure you'll enjoy reading about several of our cryptids & creatures. There's lots of awesome people here from various parts of the world so you may see other things posted.

Reactions: Ravenmann
Wow thank you for sharing about your country's "drekavac", the screaming makes me think of a banshee but never heard one described with that appearance. I will be interested in hearing more about this. Welcome to the forum, look around & I'm sure you'll enjoy reading about several
of our cryptids & creatures. There's lots of awesome people here from various parts of the world so you may see other things posted.

Go on youtube and search for fox mating call. It's scream is said to be ten times more terrifying than that.

Also, thanks for the welcome message.

Hello lads.

As the title says, i'll be writing about an cryptid famous in my country, which is Bosnia and Herzegovina. In my language, people call it "drekavac", which would translate to "screamer in english".

There are lots of stories about it, and lot of theories about what could it actually be. Ya know, some people say it's a ghost of a dead unbaptised child. The more realistic theories are that it's some unknown animal.

It has been seen by some people on rare occasions, who have described it as hideous. It's famous because of it's horrible high pitched scream, which even scares people and humans alike.

It may be a far fetch, but some people say that it's scream brings death( one lad died night after).

One lad saw it, and he described it as a horrible creature with horns and an open ribcage.

Well thats it, thanks for reading and share stories about cryptids from your country.
Hi Ravenmann. Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. I look forward to your cryptid posts.

Reactions: Ravenmann
This made me think of a Banshee also.