More proof of reincarnation?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Reactions: ozentity
Some of the things that children recollect on past lives are just too specific to be coincidental. Some of these children are at the point in their lives where they are just beginning to read, so any in-depth research by them personally cannot be occurring.

A lot of people suggest the parents 'feed' children with information, but I find this difficult to agree with in some cases.

There are many documented occasions where parents have literally pilgrimaged around the globe with the child in question to seek answers or meet family members of the child's former life. In most instances, this is further reinforced when the families and the child talk and the child divulges recollection of past events that are typically substantiated, but they, nor the child's parents, couldn't possibly know of the details.

Could this mean we all come back or just people with traumatic deaths, or are they the only ones that have recollection of their past lives? I have a feeling we come back if we haven't learnt the lesson we need to, I'm trying hard to learn because Heaven sounds heaven.

This is a great topic.

It is fascinating, isn't it?

I do not think that we all come back. If we did, then there are very few recorded memories of former lives compared to the population of the world. Pretty much all documented reincarnation events seem to happen with past lives that have ended traumatically. Maybe the energies of these lost souls have unfinished business (such as the reincarnation case of Sonam Wangdu - which is a really strange account that changed the child's life forever - literally - and worth searching for reading about) which makes them come back.

For more than 45 years, a team at the Division of Perceptual Studies at UVA (University of Virginia) has been collecting stories of children who can recall past lives. Close to three-quarters of the cases investigated by the team are 'solved', meaning that a person from the past matching the child’s memories is actually identified.

In addition, nearly 20% of the children in the UVA cases have naturally occurring marks, or impairments, that match scars and injuries on the past person. One boy, who recalled being shot, possessed two birthmarks - a large, ragged one over his left eye and a small, round one on the back of his head. These were found to line up like a bullet’s entrance and exit wounds.

This is an example of one of many of the UVA's cases.

It was TV producers who let UVA know about the best-known recent reincarnation case study. In 2002, they were contacted to work for, and appear on, a show about reincarnation (the program never aired) and they were informed told about James Leininger, a four-year-old Louisiana boy who believed that he was once a World War II pilot who had been shot down over Iwo Jima.

His parents first realized that James had these memories when he was two and woke up from a nightmare, yelling, 'Airplane crash! Plane on fire! Little man can’t get out!'. He also knew details about WWII aircraft that it would seem impossible for a toddler to know. For instance, when his mother referred to an object on the bottom of a toy plane as a bomb, James corrected her by saying it was a drop tank. Another time, James and his parents were watching a History Channel documentary, and the narrator called a Japanese plane a Zero. James insisted that it was actually a Tony.

In both cases, he was right.

James had said that he had also been named James in his previous life and that he’d flown off a ship named the Natoma. His parents, looking more into his claims, discovered a WWII aircraft carrier called the USS Natoma Bay. In its squadron was a pilot named James Huston, who had been killed in action over the Pacific.

James talked consistently about his plane crashing and he suffered nightmares about the event a few times a week. His desperate mother contacted past-life therapist Carol Bowman for help. Bowman told Andrea not to dismiss what James was saying and to assure him that whatever happened had occurred in another life and body and he was safe now. Andrea followed her advice, and James’s dreams diminished. His parents coauthored Soul Survivor, a 2009 book (a highly recommended read if you are interested in reincarnation) about their family’s story.

There are dozens of similar accounts from children around the world and you have to stop and wonder........

Reactions: garnetsilver
I once requested a past life reading from a psychic, and did not really resonate with most of her findings at all. For instance, I have a strong affinity for Victorian life, not just a liking for all things Victorian, but often experience a sort of homesickness for it. She barely mentioned that, but it was interesting that she mentioned a time in the old West, an Egyptian incarnation, and being a soldier in a Japanese war.

Reactions: ozentity
When I was in High School, a bunch of tried this technique that someone came up with, where we would pair off, sit cross-legged facing each other, and stare into each other's eyes, and in about 10-15 minutes the other person's countenance would begin to change, and appear as they did in another lifetime, including period clothing, etc. I know, it's hardly scientific, but as we know, not all phenomena can be measured in a laboratory. In any case the results were highly personal, and interesting.

When I was in High School, a bunch of tried this technique that someone came up with, where we would pair off, sit cross-legged facing each other, and stare into each other's eyes, and in about 10-15 minutes the other person's countenance would begin to change, and appear as they did in another lifetime, including period clothing, etc. I know, it's hardly scientific, but as we know, not all phenomena can be measured in a laboratory. In any case the results were highly personal, and interesting.
More scientific than you might think...studies have been done on this. Here's the main one:

Now, note that it states the following:
"Caputo explained that the hallucinations produced during interpersonal staring can bring to full consciousness certain subconscious beliefs or “non-integrated” parts of the self. "

Now, the question is, is part of that "self" past lives?

More scientific than you might think...studies have been done on this. Here's the main one:

Now, note that it states the following:
"Caputo explained that the hallucinations produced during interpersonal staring can bring to full consciousness certain subconscious beliefs or “non-integrated” parts of the self. "

Now, the question is, is part of that "self" past lives?
This is a new one for me. I want to try it now !

We have discussed this topic several times here. Most of you know I am not sure about reincarnation. I do not limit God so I can see this is a possibility and maybe for a select group of souls. The evidence seems convincing that something is occurring that we can’t explain. I have often thought maybe these people with the past memories are tuned into that souls frequency and are sharing their memories. Also the soul on the other side would be sharing the living persons experiences. Maybe there is a purpose for this. Just another possibility.

Reactions: garnetsilver