More on the Navy Mystery Drones

A bit more about those UAP's.

The pyramid shaped object was seen/ recorded through a night vision device. No mention if it was detected on radar or visually (without a NVD.) There is also no designation of the type/generation of the NVD used in the video. I wonder if it's possible to spoof NVDs? The ability to make an enemy see something on night vision that really isn't there would be a tactical force multipler. Perhaps some type of projection outside of the visual light spectrum that would be detected by NVDs?

Reactions: Debi
The pyramid shaped object was seen/ recorded through a night vision device. No mention if it was detected on radar or visually (without a NVD.) There is also no designation of the type/generation of the NVD used in the video. I wonder if it's possible to spoof NVDs? The ability to make an enemy see something on night vision that really isn't there would be a tactical force multipler. Perhaps some type of projection outside of the visual light spectrum that would be detected by NVDs?
There was a report I saw last night on a dicey site that the ISS also has vid of the pyramids. If I see it again, or if it comes from a better source, I'll post it.

So this could be a top secret projection weapon the black ops is trying out on our own ships?

So this could be a top secret projection weapon the black ops is trying out on our own ships?
That's one possibility. Keep in mind, for many years the US had a huge advantage over enemies by having more advanced, more numerous NVDs than potential adversaries. Now many nations (and terrorist groups) have acquired good quality NVDs, so it would make sense to try to negate the night capabilities of those nations/groups. How would you do that, but without affecting your own capabilities?

The obvious first approach would be to try to make your people and equipment more difficult to see even with NVDs. I know the US military has been working on spectral camouflage technologies to do just that. So while this approach would make it difficult to be seen with NVDs, an equally significant capability would be to spoof the enemy into seeing things through NVDs that aren't there. I'm not a EE or optics guy, so I don't know how to do that, or even if it's possible. Sounds like the kind of challenge the DARPA guys would tackle, however. If they've come up with something, lab and developmental testing will only go so far. At some point, the technology would have to be operationally tested in a realistic, yet non-combat situation.

Reactions: Lynne

Reactions: Lynne