Mokey was right

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Squirrels have overrun some coastal cities and lost their fear of humans, officials say

Don't feed the squirrels! They've gone rogue! :) Mokey has warned us of this for years!

Ground squirrels are having their way across the San Diego County coast, despite the best efforts of city and state parks officials to reduce their numbers.

"I almost tripped over a few, and one tried to join me here at the picnic table," said Kevin Braasch, a visitor from Chicago who had just sat down near Tamarack Avenue in Carlsbad after a two-mile jog from his hotel. "They sure are friendly creatures."

A little too friendly, most people would say. The squirrel population is booming at the beach, so much so that the animals have lost their fear of humans. They scamper right up to people, usually looking for a handout.

But don't feed the animals, the rangers caution.

Feeding the squirrels contributes to their overpopulation, especially in the spring when the animals breed, and then the bushy-tailed rodents stick around through the summer.

"The main problem is they get tons of food from people," said Darren Smith, a natural resources officer in the San Diego region of the state Department of Parks and Recreation.

"There is the culture of providing extra food for them, and that's what makes the population grow so much," he said.

Trash also provides many a meal for the animals, whether dropped accidentally, neglected on a table or left in an easily accessible container. And invasive species such as ice plant also can be food for them.

Too many squirrels become a nuisance. They quickly grow dependent on handouts, lose their fear of humans and boldly approach people, their picnic areas and coolers looking for food.

"They bother people," Smith said. "Sometimes, they bite people, and steal their Doritos."

Squirrels can carry fleas and some nasty diseases, including the plague in a few
rare cases. Their burrows and tunnels can riddle the dry hillsides, sometimes hastening erosion of the fragile bluffs.

Full story at site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman and Mokey
2012-04-01C-500x259.gif

Reactions: Mokey
Don't feed the squirrels! They've gone rogue! :) Mokey has warned us of this for years!

FINALLY!! JUSTICE!! You all even failed to believe in their diabolical agenda after I posted several accounts about how they are always causing electricity blackouts! Over the years, perfecting how to get into the little electric boxes and chew just the right wires.

Oh! Let's not forget the time they showed an outright in our faces, little warning about just how much destruction they can cause to our entire country. They purposely propelled themselves into some sort of turbine at a water treatment plant, and it shut down the whole treatment process!

They are going to be the masterminds behind WTSHTF. Do not fall for their fuzzy little tails and cute little way they hold their food in their death claws and eat. While you are watching they are making their plan to eat your FACES!! The last days, the mass destruction of our whole way of living. Only a few more trials and then they make their final move...EMP. Prepare now!

Trust me? The proof is in my years of warnings.

(Along with the several true accounts of me, my cohorts, and my children being attacked by these monsters!!)

FINALLY!! JUSTICE!! You all even failed to believe in their diabolical agenda after I posted several accounts about how they are always causing electricity blackouts! Over the years, perfecting how to get into the little electric boxes and chew just the right wires.

Oh! Let's not forget the time they showed an outright in our faces, little warning about just how much destruction they can cause to our entire country. They purposely propelled themselves into some sort of turbine at a water treatment plant, and it shut down the whole treatment process!

They are going to be the masterminds behind WTSHTF. Do not fall for their fuzzy little tails and cute little way they hold their food in their death claws and eat. While you are watching they are making their plan to eat your FACES!! The last days, the mass destruction of our whole way of living. Only a few more trials and then they make their final move...EMP. Prepare now!

(Along with the several true accounts of me, my cohorts, and my children being attacked by these monsters!!)
You are now validated! Your years of squirrel warnings were way ahead of the media!

Reactions: Mokey and Charleh
Mokey Investigations.jpeg

I thought I'd show you all a little piece of my findings during my covert investigation into this heinous agenda. I have many pieces of evidence I've gathered during my long journey to publicly uncover this demented and evil plan of ultimate doom. Please understand that this evidence must be disclosed in an intricate timeline established by a group of statisticians who volunteered their time after they or a loved one lost a facial feature during an accidental roid rage by one of these demonic rats!

Slowly allow more converts, believers, build up our forces, lobbyists, timely protests. We will prevail. You may all thank me right here, in a private message, by email, postal delivery, phone, voicemail, text, twitter, Instagram, whatever your choice. I am not a hero. I am but one brave soul to start this fight. For our FREEDOM!! By the way, I also do have PayPal on my website. You will find it easily. I do not like to publicly display it outright. I will, however, send you the link in your thank you messages for a small donation fee of $45. I do have alternative amounts if you are truly a devoted fighter in this cause. From 50 to several thousand dollars. Think of your children!!

I sacrifice my life every single day while out in the field. Disguised as foliage, mud, belly crawling to capture photo evidence knowing one snap of a twig will result in a massive assault on my body and soul.

I do it for our future, to allow people to sleep sound at night with the knowledge that all of my investigations, a sacrifice of possible life and limb, endless warnings, and rounding up a group of our own undercover army, will prevail and stop this sickening evil. I will save you all!!! For I am the chosen to lead this battle on the front line. Sleep, my people. Knowing that their ultimate motive, which is actually secondary to blowing up the country's grid, is that they have trained to weaken us all, bring us to their training camps, and then....and EAT OUR FACES!

I think I may have let this victory go a little to my head. Time for me to step away from my computer. I can't promise I won't be back. It's the chance you take with the Flutterby, otherwise known as MOKEY.

View attachment 12722

I thought I'd show you all a little piece of my findings during my covert investigation into this heinous agenda. I have many pieces of evidence I've gathered during my long journey to publicly uncover this demented and evil plan of ultimate doom. Please understand that this evidence must be disclosed in an intricate timeline established by a group of statisticians who volunteered their time after they or a loved one lost a facial feature during an accidental roid rage by one of these demonic rats!

Slowly allow more converts, believers, build up our forces, lobbyists, timely protests. We will prevail. You may all thank me right here, in a private message, by email, postal delivery, phone, voicemail, text, twitter, Instagram, whatever your choice. I am not a hero. I am but one brave soul to start this fight. For our FREEDOM!! By the way, I also do have PayPal on my website. You will find it easily. I do not like to publicly display it outright. I will, however, send you the link in your thank you messages for a small donation fee of $45. I do have alternative amounts if you are truly a devoted fighter in this cause. From 50 to several thousand dollars. Think of your children!!

I sacrifice my life every single day while out in the field. Disguised as foliage, mud, belly crawling to capture photo evidence knowing one snap of a twig will result in a massive assault on my body and soul.

I do it for our future, to allow people to sleep sound at night with the knowledge that all of my investigations, a sacrifice of possible life and limb, endless warnings, and rounding up a group of our own undercover army, will prevail and stop this sickening evil. I will save you all!!! For I am the chosen to lead this battle on the front line. Sleep, my people. Knowing that their ultimate motive, which is actually secondary to blowing up the country's grid, is that they have trained to weaken us all, bring us to their training camps, and then....and EAT OUR FACES!

I think I may have let this victory go a little to my head. Time for me to step away from my computer. I can't promise I won't be back. It's the chance you take with the Flutterby, otherwise known as MOKEY.
LOL It is so good to see you and read about your worthy endeavors! :p

Reactions: Lynne and Mokey

Hi Mokey. Good to see you, even if it was on the occasion of your arch enemy.

All for the people. Hard to live this double life with my family left in the dark. Well, it's not unexpected really, you know, since I'm also an extensively trained ninja. Fake sleeping also comes in handy. :p