Missing Things

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Over the past year, I have had several things go missing. They are, in the order that they disappeared, a vase that my brother in law gave Jim and me on our wedding day. A collar belonging to a cat that crossed the rainbow bridge 24 years ago. A small, fabric covered box I bought at a craft fair years ago, which had contained the collar. Another collar that belonged to my cat who also crossed the rainbow bridge on the fourth of this month. A cup and saucer that I have had since the 1980's. Recently, a favorite pair of long black socks that I like to wear while sitting at my computer because the room gets cold.

I have asked for these things to be returned, and also tried a prayer to St. Anthony for finding lost things. One of the other collars turned up recently, and I questioned if I had just misplaced it, but it was in a drawer that I had emptied out in my search for it, so not sure. Just wanted to share this.

Over the past year, I have had several things go missing. They are, in the order that they disappeared, a vase that my brother in law gave Jim and me on our wedding day. A collar belonging to a cat that crossed the rainbow bridge 24 years ago. A small, fabric covered box I bought at a craft fair years ago, which had contained the collar. Another collar that belonged to my cat who also crossed the rainbow bridge on the fourth of this month. A cup and saucer that I have had since the 1980's. Recently, a favorite pair of long black socks that I like to wear while sitting at my computer because the room gets cold.

I have asked for these things to be returned, and also tried a prayer to St. Anthony for finding lost things. One of the other collars turned up recently, and I questioned if I had just misplaced it, but it was in a drawer that I had emptied out in my search for it, so not sure. Just wanted to share this.
You and Lynne seem to share this problem.

Oh, that's interesting! Lynne, if you're here, what things have you lost?

New Over the past year, I have had several things go missing.
Mrs Critter and I have things go missing. The last thing was beaters to our mixer. After about a week, the Mrs said out loud, can I please have my beaters back and almost instantly in they showed up in the place that she always keeps them; a place that she and I had looked.

I believe that it's Mrs Critter's Mom who lived with us before she passed.

Mrs Critter and I have things go missing. The last thing was beaters to our mixer. After about a week, the Mrs said out loud, can I please have my beaters back and almost instantly in they showed up in the place that she always keeps them; a place that she and I had looked.

I believe that it's Mrs Critter's Mom who lived with us before she passed.
That's interesting! At least you have an idea about who is taking the things! I really miss my socks; I have to order more now.

Okay, I will wait for her to come back.
Hi Garnet. Sorry for the delay. I’ve been in a rush to get holiday stuff done.

Yes I have had things disappear and reappear ALL MY LIFE! I often find things in my house that I’ve not bought and have no idea where they’ve come from. I first thought I was just forgetful but when things never came back or turned up in impossible places I knew it was something I can’t explain. Others here know the story of my glasses. One day they disappeared off a counter where I KNEW I had set them. I just knew “it” had them. I was so angry that I yelled with great force to bring them back NOW! My husband had been following me around looking for them and was standing in the room when they fell out of mid air!! Seriously, they fell right out of the air hit the cabinet and then the floor. I finally had a witness. I have more stories but I will leave you with this one for now. I can’t explain it but I know what I saw.

Wow, that is amazing, Lynne! I guess I didn't yell loudly enough, lol. For some reason the cat collar came back, but a brand new comb has now vanished. If my glasses had vanished, I think I would have gotten pretty angry, too; I am half blind without them.

I wouldn't even know where to begin on the things that have gone missing from around me! This is an almost daily thing it seems. What is even worse than the missing things are the things that go missing and then after I have turned the house upside down and given up it shows up someplace that I KNOW that I had looked at several times. LOL, I have a gremlin...