Missing ship in Bermuda Triangle

This sounds like possible illegals, no doubt they didn't have the appropriate boat or engine to maneuver the ocean. Not that weird things don't happen there, but it very well be they were simply sunk. This is a very sad story, I really hope they show up somewhere.

A 29 foot mako should have no problem crossing from bimini to Florida, it's only about a 2 hour trip. Mako is a very good manufacturer and blue water boat, they had to have had an emergency, capsized, fire, taking on water, etc... A lot of sailboats have trouble in the sargassa sea but that is well east of their location. ( And this is a powered boat with probably twin 150 engines) THis should have been an easy, casual outing

A 29 foot mako should have no problem crossing from bimini to Florida, it's only about a 2 hour trip. Mako is a very good manufacturer and blue water boat, they had to have had an emergency, capsized, fire, taking on water, etc... A lot of sailboats have trouble in the sargassa sea but that is well east of their location. ( And this is a powered boat with probably twin 150 engines) THis should have been an easy, casual outing
Thanks for the input Paul, I don't know much about boats. Perhaps they sailed into the vortex.

Reactions: Paulm
Thanks for the input Paul, I don't know much about boats. Perhaps they sailed into the vortex.
The trip across to the Bahamas is not too hard, but ppl have to check the conditions and weather reports, time of year etc.. and prepare accordingly... Elephants on the horizon and you don't go, the atlantic can get harsh very quickly, poseidon takes his due. .... Ppl just get too comfortable and careless sometimes

Reactions: Lynne
The trip across to the Bahamas is not too hard, but ppl have to check the conditions and weather reports, time of year etc.. and prepare accordingly... Elephants on the horizon and you don't go, the atlantic can get harsh very quickly, poseidon takes his due. .... Ppl just get too comfortable and careless sometimes
Good points.