Missing dogs in Texas county.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sad for these poor fur babies. Why aren't they inside with their owners like they should be? An inside dog does not get kidnapped.

Reactions: Seahunter
I feel sad for these poor fur babies. Why aren't they inside with their owners like they should be? An inside dog does not get kidnapped.
Sometimes even house pets are taken. Back in the summer, a lady a few blocks down let her mini Dobi out to use the bathroom in her fenced yard. When he hadn't barked to come in after a bit, she went to see what he was up to, and he was gone. One of her neighbors said she saw a pick up parked next to her house, but thought it was someone reading a meter and didn't think anything of it. Either this person in the truck stole her dog out of her yard, or he let the dog out and he ran away. You'd think if it was the later, someone would have see him around town. The truck wasn't a meter reader... she called, and the city told her it was the wrong time of the month for reading.

We only let ours out in the back yard, unless we're out with them.

One of the dog parks I used to go to even had attempted dog-nappings in broad daylight! I knew one of the ladies it happened to. She was walking along, and it's a large park. Her dog had gotten fairly far in front of her, and she noticed a guy luring her dog to him with what was probably a treat. Then he snatched up the dog and started heading for the gate. Luckily, she was walking near a young man, and when she yelled for help, the young man started off to chase the dog-napper. Fortunately this scared him enough to drop the dog and run from the park. Now in this case it was an expensive cross-breed, so money was probably the motive. There was a time when people would steal dogs and then wait for a reward to be offered so they could collect it, but with that many dogs missing in Texas, that is most likely not the case or they would see that pattern.

Last edited:
Reactions: surge
Last year there was a wave of dog kidnappings in our area. A lady that I know had 3 English Bulldogs stolen from her back yard in under 5 minutes. Someone had staked out her home and just waited. The guy resold the dogs. She was only able to get one back and that took her months of tracking to find him. She put out a chip alert and most vets where scanning all bulldogs, and when the new owner took him to the vet they identified him as stolen. Obviously, the other two are either out of state or not getting scanned for the chip.

That's horrible! I don't understand people who steal dogs because they want it as a pet. If you like the breed and can't afford one, chances are you can find one at a pet rescue. Purebreds show up all the time for one reason or another.

Well, this guy was obviously in it for the money. Even Bullies without papers run around $1500. Expensive breed for sure, so he made a pocket full of cash by selling these babies. They never caught the guy who sold them, and he took a lot of others around here as well....all from fenced in back yards.

One of the dog parks I used to go to even had attempted dog-nappings in broad daylight! I knew one of the ladies it happened to. She was walking along, and it's a large park. Her dog had gotten fairly far in front of her, and she noticed a guy luring her dog to him with what was probably a treat. Then he snatched up the dog and started heading for the gate. Luckily, she was walking near a young man, and when she yelled for help, the young man started off to chase the dog-napper. Fortunately this scared him enough to drop the dog and run from the park. Now in this case it was an expensive cross-breed, so money was probably the motive. There was a time when people would steal dogs and then wait for a reward to be offered so they could collect it, but with that many dogs missing in Texas, that is most likely not the case or they would see that pattern.
People like that should be SHOT. Or better yet, boiled in hot oil.

Well, this guy was obviously in it for the money. Even Bullies without papers run around $1500. Expensive breed for sure, so he made a pocket full of cash by selling these babies. They never caught the guy who sold them, and he took a lot of others around here as well....all from fenced in back yards.
Yeah, I wasn't very clear. The stealing for pet bit was just sort a general ramble on my part. I'm not senile, but my wife says I practice a lot. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.