Minor but interesting

Ronin

Recall my name, on your journey to hell.
Reaction score
Since the figure sightings I had around the holidays, the only other thing of any note was the day before yesterday, when I distinctly saw my daughter's black cat streak by me into the attic, where she both loves to go and knows she's not allowed. Of course, when I sent her in to look for her cat, we found said cat downstairs in our bedroom. However, I didn't really pay much attention to that until just a few minutes ago.

Every night before bed, I walk the house and make sure the doors are locked, devices and lights off, etc. I didn't expect much out of tonight because everyone left yesterday morning for spring break and it's just me and the cats. As soon as I got over to the family room (on the other side of the house from my office), I could hear something running. The something turned out to be the wife's ceramic heater, which she keeps blowing on her feet darn near 365/7. Its last use was Sunday night and was turned off before bed, because I turned it off.

The kitchen and family room are open to each other, and when I went for snacks/drinks/dinner during the evening, I was always where I identified the sound a few minutes ago. More importantly, I can eliminate me having left it on because the side of the leather couch it was facing and only 8 inches from was barely warm, which meant it hadn't been on long.

None of my cats have opposable thumbs to turn click knobs, so I doubt they turned it on right before I walked into the room, even if I hadn't just seen all 4 in either my bedroom or the dining room on my way to the other side of the house.

Again, it's nothing big, just interesting. I haven't had that blatant manipulation of an object around me in a long time. I also wonder what could have triggered it. Perhaps her absence?

Since the figure sightings I had around the holidays, the only other thing of any note was the day before yesterday, when I distinctly saw my daughter's black cat streak by me into the attic, where she both loves to go and knows she's not allowed. Of course, when I sent her in to look for her cat, we found said cat downstairs in our bedroom. However, I didn't really pay much attention to that until just a few minutes ago.

Every night before bed, I walk the house and make sure the doors are locked, devices and lights off, etc. I didn't expect much out of tonight because everyone left yesterday morning for spring break and it's just me and the cats. As soon as I got over to the family room (on the other side of the house from my office), I could hear something running. The something turned out to be the wife's ceramic heater, which she keeps blowing on her feet darn near 365/7. Its last use was Sunday night and was turned off before bed, because I turned it off.

The kitchen and family room are open to each other, and when I went for snacks/drinks/dinner during the evening, I was always where I identified the sound a few minutes ago. More importantly, I can eliminate me having left it on because the side of the leather couch it was facing and only 8 inches from was barely warm, which meant it hadn't been on long.

None of my cats have opposable thumbs to turn click knobs, so I doubt they turned it on right before I walked into the room, even if I hadn't just seen all 4 in either my bedroom or the dining room on my way to the other side of the house.

Again, it's nothing big, just interesting. I haven't had that blatant manipulation of an object around me in a long time. I also wonder what could have triggered it. Perhaps her absence?
Once again, the paranormal is often those little things just like this that are swift, small, but with no answer. Everyone thinks that only major stuff like walls bleeding and apparitions are the big deal. It's the little things that happen above the normal that cannot be explained that happen most often.