Minds/Future: Which would you rather....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WOULD RATHER HAVE THE ABILITY TO READ MINDS OR TO TELL THE FUTURE?

TELL US WHY!

upload_2018-12-9_13-41-59.jpeg

Reactions: garnetsilver
Read minds. Because being able to know the future would cancel the reason for being alive. Reading minds that change often would just make life more interesting I’d think.
I'm with you on that, Mrs. C. And since I occasionally do it, I know that it can come in handy sometimes. lol My kids got away with almost nothing. :p

Well, since I have done both too many times to count, I’m going to take a swing at which of the two capabilities I’d rather keep as compared to the other.

So I think - with some trepidation - I’d prefer to keep the ability to read minds because it reminds me of my humanity and my connectedness to other people.

Since neither capability has ever really served as a clear advantage for me, I went with the one that has an emotional component.

Have to go with to tell the future, it would be easier to not get involved, or to accept what will be will be..... I guess just easier to maybe not meddle, where as reading minds would leave too much temptation to work things in my favor without thinking of the possible consequences of others.... Too easy to become selfish, versus selfless....plus knowing what others think of me or how they feel about me could lead to walls being built before they even have a chance of honestly knowing who I really am....that ability would take the wisdom of a judge to be wielded properly, a true open, forgiving self, which could be easily corrupted by the knowledge gained too early on....would effect first impressions without knowing the full story of who someone is.

Last edited:
I don't know if I would be want either curse. This show tackles the moral problems about knowing the future. Imagine you get the Chicago Sun-Times one day early.
early_edition_tv_series-460610563-large.jpg
And there are too many Twilight Zone episodes the caution against mind reading.:(.
PaulM and WandS, well thought out, as usual:).

I don't know if I would be want either curse. This show tackles the moral problems about knowing the future. Imagine you get the Chicago Sun-Times one day early.
View attachment 16256
And there are too many Twilight Zone episodes the caution against mind reading.:(.
PaulM and WandS, well thought out, as usual:).

True dat Twilight Zone scary stuff Paint.

I'm glad that I don't have either "gift.". If I knew the future, my days would be planned for me if I wish to prevent the things that I could affect. I might feel overwhelmed with all this knowledge.

Reading minds: Do you read intentions or every fleeting thought that someone has ? The latter would be terrible as often people have crazy thoughts that they would never carry out. The logical side of the brain usually over rules the emotional side. If I could read intentions, that might be useful. I could pick and choose friends. Trouble is what about family. Suppose I read the intentions from a family member that was contrary to my thinking. That would be a terrible predictament.

I'm happy not having either "gift." if I had to choose between the two, I choose reading minds. I just hope that I could turn it off to escape this gift when I wanted.