Might not be here long

Was there a lot of gossip?
How could there not be a lot of gossip in an environment such as this.....you know like..." Hey, did ya hear about ray...he got ate by a harbinger but that tough s.o.b took out three of em with a bunny grenade before the fourth one got to him.....real shame, but on the bright side, his family will eat good tonight"....... I meen with human nature being what it is gossip would run rampant I think....just as a coping mechanism if nothing else.

Reactions: jadamz
How could there not be a lot of gossip in an environment such as this.....you know like..." Hey, did ya hear about ray...he got ate by a harbinger but that tough s.o.b took out three of em with a bunny grenade before the fourth one got to him.....real shame, but on the bright side, his family will eat good tonight"....... I meen with human nature being what it is gossip would run rampant I think....just as a coping mechanism if nothing else.

that's what I think and those are probably some of the stories...waiting for Tiiny to let us know

So what is a 6? So the rafe is the name for the exploding puff balls ? Are they like kamakazi bunnies? Have you described a harbinger ? What happened to your leg? Did it get infected or did the thing rip it off,or what?
6 is a numerical number counting from 0 for nothing, 1 one being a single individual. I'm talking about if you could get one, get six of them if possible. Water for days.

I wouldn't exactly call a rafe a bunny, take away all the fluff and they look a lot more like a sparrow. In regards to harbingers I don't think I've really described them here. They're winged creatures, solid black with sharp blade like quills throughout its entire body and honestly resemble a wyvern. What happened to my left leg specifically is a harbinger, brushed right past my lower leg just below the knee and too the leg there clean off. It didn't get infected or anything like that. My old prosthetic was a peg leg I strapped to the stump, these days I have 3D printed, well designed legs I design myself. Great and wonderful thing 3D printing is.

so you landed here ,on a street with a shredded leg and deaf? That sux. Did you get the prosthetic leg there or here? If you didn't get it there what did you use to walk?
To be fair I was already deaf at a very young age as well, but I got the original prosthetic at home, I got better ones better made for my height and all here.

Did you have horses or soem animal to help in travel and farming? What were these traveling vendors doing? What was that setup? Was there a black market?
We had ceren. Easiest way to describe how they appear physically is with an existing work of fiction you already have in popular media. The werewolves from Harry Potter. Ceren are not werewolves though, they're not even sapient. They're just like really big dogs that walk upright and run on all fours, super strong, very great hunters and excellent companions. They're very loyal to their owner which is quite saddening. If it's owner dies out in the wilderness it'll lay down next to him and starve itself to death next to him. Or the owner vanishes without a trace as what happened with me, the ceren will disembowel itself.

Traveling vendors had resources from other places and would use those resources to trade for food, clothing, weapons, etc, whatever they needed or wanted. They're usually from another settlement looking to trade for other goods we lacked. They'd trade meat for derot roots, or they'd trade for metals, forging equipment, ammunition, gasoline, etc.

I'm not aware of a black market, though I'm sure there was one.

What kind of clothing did people wear? What were you wearing when you ended up here? What kind of shoes? Was it ,buckskin or cotton or what?
A lot of clothing was hand me downs and secondhand, sometimes we'd get some new stuff from a still existing storefront that got raided by traders who hit a jackpot in finding one. More often than not, we'd walk barefoot and just wear ragged clothes. Why bother with anything super nice? We weren't going to soil our drinking water to wash clothes, we bathed by rubbing dirt and soot on ourselves and going to a body of water like a lake or the ocean you'll get dragged under and die.

Was there a lot of gossip?
I suppose so, I generally preferred the company of the old and dying. They always told of a world that was alien to me back then and I always found myself fascinated by it. Granted this was time I should have been spending sleeping but still.

What did people talk about besides food and scary things in the woods AND water?

Hey Tiiny, how's it going with the guy you met on MINDS? Any new news? Do you still think he's the real deal? What's his story?
It depends on the person as to what they talk about. Me personally I preferred to listen to the old folks and the dying and read old newspapers. What others generally talked about was up to them, there was a lot of people that were speak out weaponry, children, engineering fortifications, safety protocols, that sort of thing. I can't really vouch for everyone though, everyone was their own person, just like you all are. Even in a bad environment like that, people still talk and make jokes. I unfortunately can't tell any of the jokes here because *ehem* they are against the community rules here.

The guy on Minds isn't really saying much else, he tells me he's more interested in watching things unfold. He's confirmed he's watching the events of the megadrought unfold so that is apparently what he's watching as well as "the upcoming American and European civil wars". Still think he may likely be real. He plays himself off as a fictional character and to be fair that's a really good idea, just to pretend it's all a fictional story people can interact with. Certainly would keep potential feds off one's back now that I'm thinking in hindsight.

Hi Tiiny, welcome to the forum. Please excuse me I'm always multi tasking so I'm always behind.

How long have you been with your husband? Do you ever worry that because somehow you accidently landed here that you could possibly be returned to your time? If so do you think there's a chance that your hubby may be transferred with you? And if so, how would you explain it all to him?
I've been with him for 11 years now. I don't really worry about possibly returning to my original home and timeline, I don't think it's likely at all. Seriously think about it how often do timeslips and glitches in the matrix type stuff actually happen? If it happens often, the universe you pass to is so like the original that one generally doesn't realize it. If he and I both ended up back in my universe? He'd be rather terrified I'm sure, I'd just have to try and calm him down and have him listen to my instructions to survive.

I've heard a story very similar to that actually. Jenny was feeding her children and a stray harbinger tore into her home killed all but 2 of her kids shredding them to bits and beat it to death with an iron skillet.

I've been with him for 11 years now. I don't really worry about possibly returning to my original home and timeline, I don't think it's likely at all. Seriously think about it how often do timeslips and glitches in the matrix type stuff actually happen? If it happens often, the universe you pass to is so like the original that one generally doesn't realize it. If he and I both ended up back in my universe? He'd be rather terrified I'm sure, I'd just have to try and calm him down and have him listen to my instructions to survive.

That makes sense but how would you explain your knowledge, would you say that you had read about realms like these in your lifetime before meeting him? Or would you actually be honest so to be able to calm and comfort him. I'm sure he would be terrified dealing with all of the creatures you describe.

That makes sense but how would you explain your knowledge, would you say that you had read about realms like these in your lifetime before meeting him? Or would you actually be honest so to be able to calm and comfort him. I'm sure he would be terrified dealing with all of the creatures you describe.
I'd inform him that it's where I came from long before I ever met him and that it's my home. He believes in the possibility of dimensional travelers and time travelers, it'd just be one of those things that he'd suddenly learn about me after the fact.

Reactions: jadamz and Lynne
Thanks again,Tiiny,for the thought and energy you have invested in responding to my/our questions.

If you were me,what questions or descriptions of your Earth would you ask of yourself? My desire is to get the fullest understanding of your original world as possible. Are there any anecdotes that you would feel comfortable sharing , to shed more light on your experiences back there?

I shall say it again, I am beyond fascinated and your well written descriptions are wonderful. I thoroughly enjoy your posts.

How is your gout? You mentioned you would like to lose a bit of weight (don't we ALL :) ). Other than that,how is your current health?

Did John Titor speak of his contact with Art Bell?

Are there any other websites,besides MINDS (not sure how that works exactly) that seem to have information congruent with your experience?

6 is a numerical number counting from 0 for nothing, 1 one being a single individual. I'm talking about if you could get one, get six of them if possible. Water for days.

I wouldn't exactly call a rafe a bunny, take away all the fluff and they look a lot more like a sparrow. In regards to harbingers I don't think I've really described them here. They're winged creatures, solid black with sharp blade like quills throughout its entire body and honestly resemble a wyvern. What happened to my left leg specifically is a harbinger, brushed right past my lower leg just below the knee and too the leg there clean off. It didn't get infected or anything like that. My old prosthetic was a peg leg I strapped to the stump, these days I have 3D printed, well designed legs I design myself. Great and wonderful thing 3D printing is.

To be fair I was already deaf at a very young age as well, but I got the original prosthetic at home, I got better ones better made for my height and all here.

We had ceren. Easiest way to describe how they appear physically is with an existing work of fiction you already have in popular media. The werewolves from Harry Potter. Ceren are not werewolves though, they're not even sapient. They're just like really big dogs that walk upright and run on all fours, super strong, very great hunters and excellent companions. They're very loyal to their owner which is quite saddening. If it's owner dies out in the wilderness it'll lay down next to him and starve itself to death next to him. Or the owner vanishes without a trace as what happened with me, the ceren will disembowel itself.

Traveling vendors had resources from other places and would use those resources to trade for food, clothing, weapons, etc, whatever they needed or wanted. They're usually from another settlement looking to trade for other goods we lacked. They'd trade meat for derot roots, or they'd trade for metals, forging equipment, ammunition, gasoline, etc.

I'm not aware of a black market, though I'm sure there was one.

Was the clothing similar to what we have today , albeit in rags, or was it more futuristic?

What was the average lifespan?

Was there alcohol?

These days, nearly everyone is on some kind of meds. Was medicine quite primitive?

If you were all sleeping in barracks. how did you have any quiet/ time for yourself. you certainly didn't want to go out for a swim!

A lot of clothing was hand me downs and secondhand, sometimes we'd get some new stuff from a still existing storefront that got raided by traders who hit a jackpot in finding one. More often than not, we'd walk barefoot and just wear ragged clothes. Why bother with anything super nice? We weren't going to soil our drinking water to wash clothes, we bathed by rubbing dirt and soot on ourselves and going to a body of water like a lake or the ocean you'll get dragged under and die.

I suppose so, I generally preferred the company of the old and dying. They always told of a world that was alien to me back then and I always found myself fascinated by it. Granted this was time I should have been spending sleeping but still.

It depends on the person as to what they talk about. Me personally I preferred to listen to the old folks and the dying and read old newspapers. What others generally talked about was up to them, there was a lot of people that were speak out weaponry, children, engineering fortifications, safety protocols, that sort of thing. I can't really vouch for everyone though, everyone was their own person, just like you all are. Even in a bad environment like that, people still talk and make jokes. I unfortunately can't tell any of the jokes here because *ehem* they are against the community rules here.

The guy on Minds isn't really saying much else, he tells me he's more interested in watching things unfold. He's confirmed he's watching the events of the megadrought unfold so that is apparently what he's watching as well as "the upcoming American and European civil wars". Still think he may likely be real. He plays himself off as a fictional character and to be fair that's a really good idea, just to pretend it's all a fictional story people can interact with. Certainly would keep potential feds off one's back now that I'm thinking in hindsight.

Was there alcohol?
Were the clothes like here or more futuristic?