Might not be here long

Tiiny

Reaction score
I'm sure you guys have probably heard things like this a million times over, so much so you don't believe it when anyone says it. I'll likely not be here long, I just wanted to put this out somewhere and get it off my chest. I don't care to answer a ton of questions, I might, but it's highly doubtful. I'd appreciate it further if the admins and mods don't contact me via email nor release it.

I never want to return home even if there was some way for me to do so. Everything here is just so much more peaceful, civilization is overwhelmingly calm for the most part, disregarding all the petty wars and whatnot which I won't get into politics here, not my place nor my intent, though I do have my opinions.

I was born and grew up and honestly the chaos, of the world was natural, it was really all I knew. Food was rather plentiful so I can't say that I went hungry at all growing up. However even though people got together and having children and a high rate, some as much as 15 kids per couple, the population was primarily breaking even at best.

My home was always dark, the sun obscured by constant clouds. The silver lining in all that is that the water falling from the sky was clean and drinkable. I wouldn't go near bodies of water though.

Civilizations were sparse throughout the wilderness and even running into the civilizations, there was no guarantee that the settlement would be able to survive at any given time. The wildlife would simply invade into the settlement and start wrecking the place and killing and eating.

When I was 10 my duties at home were simple, which involved tending to the gardens of derot plants for the settlement along with other kids and several adults overseeing us.

From what I understood of history, the USSR, USA and China were in a nuclear arms race. China was a democratic capitalist society, and the USSR had conquered most of Eastern Europe. I'm not entirely clear on the conflict that caused the USSR to launch nukes, but they hit parts of central Canada, western USA and obliterated China and part of the southern region of the USSR.

Two billion people lost their life that day and the USSR shortly disbanded after. Many more died from nuclear fallout and radiation. I'm not entirely sure what caused the hell that became of my home, but I was born into the hell and raised in it.

The wildlife that I grew accustomed to at home is, for lack of a better way to word it, different than it is here and that's putting it mildly. Here you would call them a cryptid or a monster.

I was born May 26th, 2046 and as of today, I'm 33 years old today. I came here by mere accident. Yes, yes I know you've heard it a million times, stories very similar to this one being just made up. I want to get it off my chest and I'm at the point in my life, I don't care about keeping it secret anymore.

I was backing away from an animal we called Copy, some called it Mirror. It looks at you and it takes your form, but it just stands there and looks at you, it doesn't chase and doesn't make physical contact, but I was told to never touch it. No clue what happens if you do, but I didn't personally want to find out.

I was 15 at the time that as happening. After I've backed up several feet from the copy, my perspective of everything changed in an instant. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disoriented or relieved, but that wasn't the case. I saw sunlight for the first time in my entire life and people wearing bright, colorful and well made clothes.

I know now that I just appeared pretty close to a military base in the United States in Georgia. Just appearing out of nowhere didn't get much notice paid to it by the local people, except a couple children that took notice to it. I took notice to them as well considering I was looking around in a daze.

The military there at the Air Force base took notice of me as well, I was held at that base in only what anyone would describe as a holding cell. I didn't complain, I had safety, a comfortable bed that was clean, something I've not been used to growing up and 3 meals a day. And my first bite of the food here, I was confused a bit by what I was eating, but honestly I didn't really care because it smelled divine.

I scarfed everything down and couldn't help the first time they fed me to ask if I can have more. Of course extra helpings was denied. I was in that holding cell for maybe 8 days before I was handcuffed and shackled with several armed guards keeping aim at me. I was loaded into an aircraft of some sort, not sure what model it was to be honest here, I still don't, I don't know much about planes still as I've never bothered to look it up. I've seen them before at home, just far less than what I see here.

I was held in the new location for 4 hours being interrogated about who I am, where I came from, why I don't have documentation on me like no ID, drivers license, no records of my birth, no records of my fingerprints, dental records, nothing. I don't them I don't have things like what they're asking for, and I kept insisting that I didn't know how I got here and honestly today I still don't.

The interrogation apparently ended when a couple men standing about 6 foot I'd hazard to guess, dressed in suits. I honestly thought they were just twins at the time, I've met a couple twins back at home before so no it wasn't new and alien to me to see two people looking exactly alike, and twins often got allocated the same jobs and tasks at home so twins doing the same thing also wasn't all that strange.

They didn't say a word to me. They came in, one uncuffed me from the metal table, the other firmly grabbed me by the upper arm and both walked me out of the room and outside back into the bright sunlight that I still wasn't used to at the time. One of them got in the back seat with me in their car, the other into the driver's seat and they were let out of the complex with me in tow. The guard at the front gate just let us out without hesitation. The guard became ghost white I noticed when the car approached the gate.

I've only seen people turn that white like that at home when someone claimed to not be from there and wildlife managed to breach the walls surrounding our settlement.

I honestly can't recall riding in that car for very long. One hell of a blackout. I wake up in a stiff bed, clean sheets, I'm freshly bathed and in brand new clothing. I sat up from the bed and I was feel ill, my stomach was turning in knots. A male in what I know today as military fatigues enters the room with a bucket and holds it under my face and tells me it'll wear off and to just try to relax. I grabbed that bucket and buried my face in it and threw up.

He handed me a few pieces of tissue to wipe my mouth and blow my nose with and put the bucket aside on a small glass metal rolling table nearby. I didn't notice that there was other stuff on that table at first but after my stomach was emptied of its contents I did then. The man grabbed a syringe and filled it with the fluid contents of a vial and told me "Quick poke, sting and burn" which let's be fair, I was used to worse than being jabbed with a needle at that stage in my life.

Apparently there's a character limit on posts. Here's the rest of it.

Whatever he put in the muscle of my arm, it cleared up the nausea shortly after, maybe 20 minutes I'd guess. However it also made me extremely tired and couldn't help but lay down and found myself asleep dreaming about home and trying to convince people I once knew about a better place. And yes being captive was a far superior life here than being "free" at home.

I don't know how long I was asleep, but I woke up and I was still very groggy like I could sleep more but couldn't. I sat back up, my stomach wasn't bothering me at the very least. The same man that had gave me a shot in the arm and the puke bucket came back into the room holding a plastic brown tray with food.

Needless to say I was super excited, I've never seen the things I was given to eat before. To my perspective then it was floating bits of light brown stuff with some colorful other stuff floating in breast milk, a roundish red thing with a plant stem from the top of it and some sort of orange water. The male nurse had to show me how to open the little milk carton and orange juice cup, and he poured the milk in my plastic bowl of cereal.

I'll admit at first I just picked the bowl up and started scooping the food into my mouth with my hand, but the man put his hand against mine and had me lower the bowl, picked up the spoon and made the motion like he was picking up cereal and putting cereal into his mouth. It occurs to me today that I didn't speak to this man at all, he probably didn't know I could talk, let alone speak the same language.

I asked "What's wrong with eating like normal?" and he tells me it's not normal here "on this planet" and that's how "we humans eat here". It sunk in quickly that these people don't believe that I'm human but planet was something alien to me. "Planet? I am human too" he just laughed and watched me eat.

I finished my breakfast and the man asked me if I'd "like to watch some TV". My first thought was "What what now?" He tells me to "stop playing dumb, you know our technology and know damn well what a TV is" he grabs the remote for the CRT TV mounted on a wall stand, turns it on and gives me the remote. I was honestly perplexed at this point.

After a couple shows came and went, another man in a white coat approached me in my room. He asked me where I'm from, I reply "I'm from Earth". He's asking me about if there's another planet in the universe named Earth, how many light years I traveled to get here, what galaxy I came from, what my home was like, the history of my people, where my spacecraft was hidden, all that crap.

It quickly dawned on the man that I was human and not from space. He started asking me about dimensional travel and if I can share the secrets to doing it, which I can't since I don't even know how it happened to start with. I was literally unable to elaborate on the vast majority of his lines of questions. I mean damn I didn't even know what a television was and he thinks I managed to build a dimensional travel machine or something.

Only thing I knew how to do were grow certain kinds of crops, hunt and kill certain wildlife for food and how to make blades and fire a gun with what little ammo we had available at home. Car phones? Televisions? Animals that you can eat that aren't also trying to all eat you too? All news to me back then. Keep in mind the time period I ended up coming to was 2002.

Anyway, the questions ended up stopping for the most part, with the occasional dig at more information about the wildlife and plant life from home and other misc details. I lived at this new place for 4 years, being released with a job, identification, proper education for basic adult life here, that sort of thing. The job I was working was simple factory work packing a certain brand of hygiene supplies. And yes the superiors at the factory/packaging plant knew fully well my history, my limitations and the whole other universe at a future point in time bit as well.

I ended up getting a state issued ID, not disclosing the state I ended up at, sorry. I also got a social security number and a bank account. I had free rent for the first 6 months and free food. I still get free medical care to this day. I wasn't told that I had to keep quiet, but it surely was heavily implied.

Today I'm happily married and live with two roommates in a nice house out in the country away from the hustle and bustle of big cities. I love how quiet it is out here, I've not had peace and quiet growing up, there was always growls, moans, screams and various other sounds throughout the night and others during the day. The day and night was only different by way of dim light versus near total darkness.

One of my roommates is a Navajo and works at an eatery in the next town over as a closer. He came home a few nights ago and ran inside slamming the door behind him. I came to investigate what he freaked out over and he said he saw a deer in the front yard stand up on its hind legs and run off into the woods calling it a skinwalker.

I walk outside, close and lock his car doors for him, walk right into the woods and I'm just out there looking for any deer to see if it stands up on its hind legs. I, of course, didn't find it. I've dealt with and eaten far more terrifying things than what I've heard described as skinwalkers. My roommate didn't trust who I was after I unlocked the houses back door and walked in through the kitchen. He apparently thought I was taken over by the thing, but no, I just wanted to find it.

And no it wouldn't have been the first sapient dangerous creature I've had to encounter in my life. But honestly I wasn't wanting to hurt the thing, I honestly believe that if what these things are commonly described as, they're the same thing from my home we called "Mores". They can be dangerous of course, and yes they can copy other people and lure them out and single them out for consumption if they were hungry enough. However one that runs, is scared, and I really just wanted to talk to something from home. I was thinking maybe it was from where I'm from, but I digress.

That's what caused me to write this to get it off my chest. I've been brooding on it since my roommate barged in the door terrified of "the skinwalker that was in the front yard".

I may or may not check back here. Probably not. I feel better having at least put this down somewhere for others to see and read. I'm somewhat hoping that someone reading this will know what I'm talking about, maybe even be from where I'm from, hopefully someone I know.

Think I will check back, just in the off chance that someone I know also made it here to paradise. I'm not holding my breath though.

Think I will check back, just in the off chance that someone I know also made it here to paradise.

Welcome to the PFN Tiiny.

I might have misinterpreted your sentence above, but I take it to mean that you would be looking for posts here made by another human who might have traveled back in time from some year after 2050.

If I have interpreted that sentence mostly correctly, how will you identify the poster to be another person from that future time?

Reactions: Aces and Debi
Welcome to the PFN Tiiny.

I might have misinterpreted your sentence above, but I take it to mean that you would be looking for posts here made by another human who might have traveled back in time from some year after 2050.

If I have interpreted that sentence mostly correctly, how will you identify the poster to be another person from that future time?

Looking for hopefully someone from my same universe. I'm aware it's not time travel. The USSR here disbanded 30 years ago, where I'm from it didn't disband until after nuclear war around 2022. China here also isn't technically a democratically elected government and by far not really capitalistic. My home, communism never picked up in China. HItler from WWII didn't end up dying until he was charged for war crimes and executed by United Council.

In regards to how I'll ID someone from my universe specifically, I would suspect someone from home would eventually want to talk about their childhood and let's face it, I don't even think you guys believe what I wrote above, however a paranormal forum would be the go to place. I wasn't originally going to check back, it was more an afterthought as I was writing my thoughts at the end. So maybe someone will find the post, if not from my home at least somewhere similar to it.

And thank you guys for the warm welcome. Not all human civilizations at home were friendly. Each settlement had different rules, different governments set up, though most were total anarchy while others completely totalitarian.

We'll have to wait and see if someone from home finds this thread. I'm not holding my breath though. To tell if they're someone pulling my leg, I'll describe an animal from home that's not here and see if they can correctly identify it or describe the flavor of derot roots.

Reactions: jadamz
Thank you for your consideration of reading my post and even more so for your own response post Tiiny.

I thought that the animals you described were so unique as to be a clear indicator that any other poster would or would not be familiar with them too.

I don't even think you guys believe what I wrote above, however a paranormal forum would be the go to place. I wasn't originally going to check back,

Let me tell you too Tiiny that I've only joined the PFN in the past year. I've shared here some rather incredible happenings of my own and I've read others' posts which were equally amazing. I've found some great thinkers and wonderful souls here. If you stay for even a few weeks, you will likely see the same.

I still have experiences to share which I have not shared in posts here yet - things which will stretch my own credibility to the maximum. I don't think it would serve me well to assume from a single post that anyone might be either lying, joking, hoaxing, etc. I suspect that I can only learn by really reading and listening - doing more of both of those - and less judging based only upon my first impression.

One animal I actually miss are ceren. Excellent companions and great hunters. They're not too unlike big dogs here. They walk on two hind legs and will run on all fours and they love the hell out of some greshen meat, humans can't consume it so why the hell not? A small ceren on its hind legs stands around 11 feet in height. They really look like a dog from here if a greyhound was bigger than they are here, and had much longer legs, no tail, human eyes and a much longer snout.

I can go on at length about the wildlife in general. I'm holding back information on what's in bodies of water in the unlikely chance someone from home stumbles upon the thread, so let's just say you might want to retire those swimming trunks.

Tiiny, in order for your thread to stay easy to find, I am going to sticky it for you.

Tiiny, in order for your thread to stay easy to find, I am going to sticky it for you.
You didn't have to, even I used the search function to see if there was already information about this here. I would assume anyone else would end up doing the same. Thanks all the same, it's appreciated.