Might not be here long

Wow! Tiiny.....I am beyond intrigued. Thank you so very much for sharing your experiences. Can you describe more of your world,what society was like,is there government of any type? Was the west coast of the U.S completely annihilated? So some of these creatures are mutations created from the radiation after the nukes hit? What kind of weapons were used? How did groups communicate with each other? Was it more of what we would think of as the Middle Ages-society? What technology was there? Were people aware of things like multiple time lines,clairvoyance etc? Were their certain nationalities that seemed to have more survivors? perhaps indigenous peoples,like American Indians or the Aborigines of Austrailia? And can you explain more of what was in the bodies of water?
Holy cow that's a lot of questions. I'll bite.

I want to make the obvious statement, I'm not from your specific future and can't release details about a future I know nothing of. Examples are that here communism took root in China, the USSR disbanded about 30 years ago here and there is no US military base called Dreamland. The 2016 Election here Donald Trump also took office instead of Jill Stein. My timeline's history is such that communism didn't take up in China resulting in a democratic republic and a strong ally with the USA with American military bases in Taured. Here Taured doesn't exist

The 2020 presidential election in the United States was by an everyday average US citizen rather than a business tycoon, lawyer, career politician, etc which was a landmark in recent US history. The first openly gay and openly atheist president, I even share a name with him but that's coincidence. His name specifically was Glenn Lutz. He had a very poor rating from what I can recall from old newspapers. Not sure what his actual policies are by I do see some parallels between President Lutz and President Trump in regards to the media. I've even read a headline that read "President Lutz to destroy same sex marriage" even though he himself was a gay man married to another gay man. I'll digress, modern politics can be very touchy as I'm aware.

Society itself depended solely on the settlements in question and to be fair they ranged from complete anarchy to authoritarian totalitarian nightmares, some free societies, others are societies of slavers. The settlements nearest each other tend to be similar as they share resources and trade via bartering, though add vast wilderness between them and you'll see societies go from peaceful anarchy, to totalitarian monarch telling you when you can eat, drink, bathe, and dictating every single aspect of your life. So by and large government itself could be considered more akin to a small township with a mayor, just remove the state and federal government and let those individual towns make up their own rules and just let what happens just happen and that's the end result.

In regards to the west coast of the United States, I'm really not sure, I only know from my history of what we were able to recover from old libraries that housed newspapers in their archives, I'm not sure about what parts of land where survived. There were reports of Western USA, central and western Amlatida (Canada for you), much of north eastern Africa, where all they hit I'm not sure entirely.

I would suppose radiation did cause some of the mutations, but there were news reports in the papers about the USSR releasing a new kind of weapon that would've completely destroyed the USA and taken out most of central America and was noted that it wasn't a bomb. I don't have details where that weapon landed, but from what I've seen of pictures in the newspapers and from here, I can tell you that the plants, land masses and wildlife overall nothing like what were in the articles and pictures therein.

"What kind of weapons were used?"
I've heard rumors of an advanced civilization very far north called "Paradise Sprints", but what I know now from this universe the technology that was rumored to exist in that society aren't feasible. There were stories of them being able to hover in planes unlike we've ever seen before making no noise and weapons that simply made everything aimed at disappear. The weapons we actually used in our daily lives was anything we could get hour hands on. Typically bows and crossbows would be used to propel arrows and bolts because we didn't really know how nor the technical means to make ammo, just if we found ammunition went bring it back to the settlement for storage in case of emergencies. We did end up with various melee style weapons, like spears, daggers, swords, mostly from what we found. Otherwise we'd fashion a blunt weapon.

My personal favorite was something I learned to make myself from black rock, I know now as obsidian. Chip away at some of that into nice little shards and glue them with sap to a sturdy stick and you have one of the sharpest blades. Worked really well with cutting up soft tissue though they'd break easily against anything too hard.

"How did groups communicate with each other?"
Settlements nearby each other would end up having traders and scouts go between each other for bargaining resources, skills and the like. I was forced out of the settlement I was raised in around 12 years to live in another one just east of it. Only maybe 5 minutes on foot to reach it, so it wasn't too terrible to get to it, other settlements were much further away spanning days to reach them, if you reached them. The settlement I ended up at was called Demons Curse, everyone that was very sick was sent there to keep the remaining population from also becoming ill. My illness was that I was quickly losing my hearing. I'm deaf today.

Except in exceptional rare cases of an armored vehicle cruising through or a the even rarer plane overhead, communication remained local to the general region. Devils Curse ended up with a lot of elderly, deaf, blind and generally very ill or dying. I knew a few other deaf in Devils Curse that tutored me in non verbal communication. It's signing though is nothing like ASL is here.

"Was it more of what we would think of as the Middle Ages-society?"
I would have to say yes, much like that. Add a lot more wilderness and tons of animals that will kill and eat you to the mix, shake it up until it becomes cloudy with a small hint of every man for himself. Now garnish that dish with a side helping backstabbing. I'll be honest, I'd have sold my own dad and mom out to their deaths if I knew it would get me rewarded with meat. Anything other than tree bark and awful tasting roots.

"What technology was there?"
Rumors of advanced societies off in an area that's so far with vast wilderness and ocean aside? There were computers, laptops, cell phones, tablets, and a whole host of other spiffy toys, provided there was a method of giving them power. I've seen tablets and laptops before, but I've never seen them turned on. An elderly man had quite the collection of misc junk in Devils Curse, though I've never seen any of them with power, but he's told me stories about how they would turn on and display images and that they could talk with each other over vast distances and stories of how you used to be able to call someone on the other side of the world and talk as if they were standing right there with you. I've read articles about the latest and greatest Fujitsu tablet and smartphone in a touch screen race with Kellogs for the fastest and all that hoo ha. And yes I'm aware Kellogs here is a cereal company, that hasn't escaped me.

Reactions: Paintman and jadamz
Were people aware of things like multiple time lines,clairvoyance etc?
Some of the older men and women were speak of things like psychic abilities, I've never really put much faith in that sort of thing, still don't. The old man that was the collector of all the junk claimed to have been a physicist in his younger years and made claims that our world turned dark with the wildlife and plant life we have because he thinks it's from another universe merging with our own from "them damn soviets". Allegedly, and this is according to him, ghosts were nothing more than two universes near each other, so what you think of as a ghost, also thinks you're the ghost. I've never seen any spirits, ghosts, demons, none of that. I still think it's a load of hog wash. And to be honestly frank with you, I often times don't even believe my own past. I tend to get this very surreal and disconnected feeling when looking out into the world.

Like I look into the woods during the bright daylight and in contracts to what I grew up in, I sometimes end up thinking I may have been crazy and just hallucinated throughout my childhood. Like perhaps my mind was playing tricks on me and maybe I was in a mental institution and not really in a military base. Those thoughts do cross my mind, and for all I know maybe I was delusional back then and just vividly remembering things that simply never happened with a false memory of my real past. It is a possibility.

"Were their certain nationalities that seemed to have more survivors?"
I'm assuming we're talking race? Really it was a mixed bag the best I can describe it. In my settlement in Reprise, the original settlement, it was mostly whites and a few black people, all white in the lepers section. I've seen quite a few travelers though that were black, maybe hispanic or native American, I wasn't sure about the difference back then between the two, thought they were the same then and people of various other shades going around and trading. I think it's largely due to the population at the time prior to the nukes, but I can't vouch for it personally. Like if an area was majority white, the settlements would end up mostly white, if it was largely black, the settlement would be mostly black, etc and in that environment you don't really care what their nationality, race, sexuality, etc were. All that mattered is can you do some form of work and how can you be a benefit to justify you being there? That's it.

"And can you explain more of what was in the bodies of water?"
I'm saving that in the unlikely chance someone may not be from here, test them if they can identify the animal. I've seen them on shore before, and I've seen them grab people and animals off the land and straight into the depths.

Reactions: jadamz
Awesome bro. By any chance so you know our next American president or whom the next pope might be? In pretty curious on both.
After President Stein, it's Glenn Lutz. The presidential races here? I'd be lying to you if I told you I knew. Trump wasn't even mentioned in the newspaper articles about the elections. The nominee for Raters (Democrats) was Jill Stein and Green Peace I'm not entirely sure, I can't recall the name. Something McGowen.

Asking me about your future most likely won't garner any clues you can use. I knew an old man that collected junk, but he even told me that if you go to another universe, things could be vastly different and the timelines wouldn't match, I understand what that means now but didn't back then. I know the old man's name but I'm refraining from mentioning it as I've seen the name tossed around on the web before.

Also where are you from?
I am from Devils Curse, Arpanda Island. Your map it would be Warner Robins, GA. I was born in Reprise, Arpanda Island... also Warner Robins, GA.

Reactions: jadamz
Awesome bro. By any chance so you know our next American president or whom the next pope might be? In pretty curious on both.

I want to know the most important detail....one that always seems to be just hinted at with no real explanation........Just what is the CAUSE of the zombie outbreak.........

I am from Devils Curse, Arpanda Island. Your map it would be Warner Robins, GA. I was born in Reprise, Arpanda Island... also Warner Robins, GA.

you mentioned other land masses that don't exist here and describe this area as an island.....so alternate universe and multiple copies..(string theory, kinda ).....aren't actual mirrors to each other......right?...just loosely related with some similarities...but not actual mirrors/copies.

Reactions: jadamz and Paintman
Dear Tiiny, I woke up this morning concerned I had imposed myself upon you by all my questions. I can't tell you how happy I was to see your responses. I appreciate how long it takes to write all that and your trust in us to share your experiences. Pleeeeeeeeease hang around for awhile if you can and do not hesitate to tell me to stop asking questions!!!! But I really wanna know. EVERYTHING. Or as much as you are comfortable sharing. Again,I know this kind of writing takes LOADS of time and I appreciate it.

I do understand this is not necessarily our future , but the Earth (is it called Earth) is fascinating beyond measure.

Tiny,have you seen any significant movies,television,you tube,internet or read any books about ancient mythology that you have seen parallels to what has occurred to you or is reminiscent of the time/place you came from? Did you have mythology ,fairy tales ,lore,that might have been passed down orally?

How were criminals dealt with and were they executed or put in prisons or sent to camps?

The screaming "lady" you described reminds me of the Irish "Banshee" creature of lore.

I am verrrry interested about the older"junk man" you mentioned who collected the computers etc. Did you share what he said to you with others or kept it to yourself? What resonated the most with you about what he told you?

You said you are now completely deaf and your sign language is quite different than ours. Can you understand any of it? Everyone was speaking English over there?

This may be delicate,so I understand if you don't want to answer,(any of what I am asking) but most particularly,have you had any more "government" interaction since what you experienced upon your "arrival" and are you concerned there may be some in the future?

Was there an upper class ? Were there abundant rich compounds or was there basically one class ?

If there was one item or piece of knowledge you wish you could have brought with you from your Earth,what would it be and why,and if you were to return what would be one item or piece of knowledge you would want to take back with you?

you mentioned other land masses that don't exist here and describe this area as an island.....so alternate universe and multiple copies..(string theory, kinda ).....aren't actual mirrors to each other......right?...just loosely related with some similarities...but not actual mirrors/copies.
The maps were actually very similar, old maps from home vs the maps here. I don't know much about other universes and what differences there would be, only between my home and here, that's pretty much it. If you're worried about something like the mandella effects though, that's more a memory hole than an actual glitch in the matrix scenario.

However, this one may make you uncomfortable. See the attachment.

Allegedly the weapon the USSR used that could destroy all of North and Central America in one go wasn't a bomb as I said before and many of the older generation insisted that was what put the world into ruins, I only have the game of telephone for that information. Most land masses were broken apart, various parts sank. From what I gathered the entire SW region of the US from California to Texas sank into the ocean.

Dear Tiiny, I woke up this morning concerned I had imposed myself upon you by all my questions. I can't tell you how happy I was to see your responses. I appreciate how long it takes to write all that and your trust in us to share your experiences. Pleeeeeeeeease hang around for awhile if you can and do not hesitate to tell me to stop asking questions!!!! But I really wanna know. EVERYTHING. Or as much as you are comfortable sharing. Again,I know this kind of writing takes LOADS of time and I appreciate it.
I've since already decided to stick around, it's rather therapeutic to say the least. Glad you're enjoying the read, but don't worry, your series of questions was more of an overwhelming response than anything, but I wanted to answer them. So many questions made it seem like you're just very curious, which I'm fine with.

Attachments

• berenstain.jpg
    berenstain.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 169
Reactions: Lynne and jadamz