MIB/Hatman...are they the same?

As I understand it the Hatman is a sort of shadow person that is most often seen as a silhouette and it doesn't talk to you. The Men in Black have a more physical presence. Sometimes they show up driving a big black car with no license plates and they DEFINITELY talk to you, usually threatening you to try and make you keep quiet about something that you have seen or experienced.

They often will gather up any physical evidence and seem to often have some sort of clout that allows them access to and authority over even other government officials that are on site. The thing is that once they are gone it is as if they never existed and there will be no records of their ever having been there.

Reactions: Lynne
MiBs were a hoax perpetrated by ufologist prankster Gray Barker, he made them up. He originally called them "blackmen," but that title changed as did culture/society. It amazes me how they have grown in folklore.

There is a public library in WV that holds all of Barker's papers and correspondence. I have long wanted to spend a week or two going through the collection. I especially would like to see his correspondences with George Adamski and John Keel, he apparently played both of them quite extensively. Unfortunately, Mrs Duke's idea of a whoop-de-doo good time does not include sitting around in a rural library while I read the antics of a paranormal practical joker.

In the article they say Hatman is your worst nightmare,I didn't feel this at all and while he looked menacing I felt more like he was there to warn me and had a "big brother"vibe about him.As I've written before he appeared at the beginning of relationships with women that turn out very sour.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
As I understand it the Hatman is a sort of shadow person that is most often seen as a silhouette and it doesn't talk to you. The Men in Black have a more physical presence. Sometimes they show up driving a big black car with no license plates and they DEFINITELY talk to you, usually threatening you to try and make you keep quiet about something that you have seen or experienced.

They often will gather up any physical evidence and seem to often have some sort of clout that allows them access to and authority over even other government officials that are on site. The thing is that once they are gone it is as if they never existed and there will be no records of their ever having been there.
I agree Dan the two are very different.

MiBs were a hoax perpetrated by ufologist prankster Gray Barker, he made them up. He originally called them "blackmen," but that title changed as did culture/society. It amazes me how they have grown in folklore.

There is a public library in WV that holds all of Barker's papers and correspondence. I have long wanted to spend a week or two going through the collection. I especially would like to see his correspondences with George Adamski and John Keel, he apparently played both of them quite extensively. Unfortunately, Mrs Duke's idea of a whoop-de-doo good time does not include sitting around in a rural library while I read the antics of a paranormal practical joker.
Thanks for the history on this Duke. I didn’t know where this came from. I do think people are experiencing someone questioning them after UFO events. There has been a lot of reports on this. I think Nick Redfern wrote a book on them.