Method and apparatus for the optical detection of Ghosts (spirits)

The ability to move through objects led me to think it was an electrostatic field constrained in the shape of the body. This would attract dust - like onto a TV and so would be visible, but the field itself could move around objects and into rooms, even though it would leave the dust behind, it would soon attract more on the other side.
Of the few ghosts I have seen recorded this does seem to hold true, including the one I saw myself close up. They form slowly often in the middle of the room before you notice them, but if you follow them they melt into a wall or door, only to do the same thing on the other side of it.
But the same could be said of moisture and cloud formation if the person shaped field was significantly cold enough to cause condensation to form within it.
This may explain why they are only sen in quiet still areas and not in windy conditions.

Reactions: Lynne and TexDanm
Along these lines of new equipment and such though, I do have a question. I don't do ghost hunts or try to contact that side of the paranormal normally, so if this is a dumb question I apologize..... When using say a recorder to make contact, how is that any different than a spirit board???? Its still being used as a tool to make contact and or requests from the other side....except, at least with a spirit board for those trained, can be closed when the session is over....these new tools cannot be properly closed out which can leave the spirits active or hanging around....isnt this even more dangerous than the old ways.???.......
I agree with you, Paul. Actually, when asking questions of "Who's out there", it is the same as what you might have with any other item used to contact, which is why I highly recommend NOT asking questions. My recommendation has always been to tell whatever it is to move on, leave you alone and instruct it that it does not belong in your home or realm if it is causing unwanted activity.

I think there is a difference between a "ghost" and a spirit or angel contact. A contact with a message from the other side from a relative, spirit, guide, angel, is always brief and not ongoing as a "haunting."

Although I've had interactions with the spirit world, I have not been the one initiating the contact.

Is the point of trying to contact or prove a spirit is present for entertainment purposes?,To show the people being affected it is true?.I've always just considered these things just a part of life but always wondered why they have to be exposed to the World.I personally don't care if people believe what I've experienced with this but like sharing it on here.

Reactions: Debi and Paulm
Is the point of trying to contact or prove a spirit is present for entertainment purposes?,
Depends on what "team" or person is investigating. Some look for proof, some want entertainment value. And some are looking for answers and ways to deal with it for the family to live normally again in their home. Here on the forum, we try to look for some answers for people and to gain some insight as to what the paranormal may be. We're still looking at something for which we have no proof or answers....only assumptions and best guesses. :)

When I was looking for experiences I didn't do it like most of the shows do it. I almost always would much prefer a quiet stalk more like hunting an animal. I have only seen one whatever it was Ghost bur have felt a lot of things that seemed to be like minnows nibbling on my toes when you sit with your feet in the water at night. there is a curiosity that seems to draw the more quiet things that a bunch of people stomping and talking loud would never sense or encounter.

Most old houses seem to have something there. It isn't a haunt so much as just a leftover from all the people that have lived there and impressed some small part of themselves in the place. I have often felt a sort of comforting peacefulness when sitting quietly by a grave in a graveyard at night. I seem to be sort of drawn to certain graves and they usually have one thing in common. The graves are nearly always the graves of people that lived long lives and died when they were in their 80s.

I always had expected that there would be more action near the graves of people that died young but never experienced that. Maybe if they were angry they were not there and had returned to places that they had known in life or just moved on.

I actually tried hard to see if I could contact one very young man. He died when he was 16 of cancer. At the time I was the Youth counselor at my church and he was one of my kids that I was very close to. He was a very special kid and he and I used to have long wandering talks about all sorts of odd things. like me, he had a lot of curiosity about things that were different. he was one of two people that I have made a deal with to try and contact them whether I died first or they did. I outlived both and like Houdini's Widow, it has never happened for me.

I never call out to anything that I can't see. I just am usually quiet and let them come to me if they want to. I wonder if the people on some of these shows don't stir up problems that they will leave and go home and then the poor people that live there have a bigger problem than before.

I've been looking at properties up the coast to move to recently.One in particular really interested me,a home on one acre built in 1900 with plenty of character.That is until I viewed it,It felt like I was invading the home of the original occupants and had no place being there.It wasn't a bad feeling, more like a warm glow but it was like,nice to meet you,have a cup of tea and then be on your way.Another house in the area had similar vibes so I'm resuming my search further afield.In one way I wish I wasn't so sensitive to these things as the people I went there with had no feelings like this at all and liked the homes as I had on the internet before being there.

Reactions: Debi and Paulm
This is an interesting discussion. Rowan you need to set up a trial experiment. I was thinking the investigation groups had a way of seeing a ghost with that divice that shows them as stick like people on their computer screens. I don’t know how it works but I’ve seen it on the shows. What do you all think of that technology ?

This is interesting. It is a tunnel that is known as the breathing tunnel because fog forms randomly along it very regularly - then dissipates just as quickly. Quite amazing to watch it.
Again due to air pressure and damp tunnel sections, but I think standing waves and possibly ULF infrasound may be causing it - like blowing across a bottle it may be setting up a standing wave of low pressure along the tunnel. This then produces the fog effect where the dew point is close enough to cause fog.

Do you notice the sound that comes with it in the first clip? - Weird.