Meteorite hits Cuba city

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Apparent Meteorite Impacts City in Western Cuba: Reports

cuba-hav-700x420.jpg

The National Weather Service in Key West said a meteor was seen in the sky over the Florida Keys.

“We’re receiving reports that a meteor was seen in the sky across the Florida Keys,” the agency’s office wrote on Twitter. “It appears that a meteorite impact occurred in western Cuba, near the town of Vinales, Pinar del Rio, earlier this afternoon.”

Local 10 Cuba correspondent Hatzel Vela obtained video footage that believes the sky trial was left by the alleged meteorite.

The meteorite also “shattered windows and sounded like two explosions,” Local 10 reported.

Photos published on social media showed the fragments of the object.

Reactions: Mokey
yesterday I was tuning in and the first thing I got was BOOM-METEOR

yesterday I was tuning in and the first thing I got was BOOM-METEOR
They are saying you may see more. Don't forget, we had one strike the moon during the eclipse as well.

I wonder if the earth is passing through some dirty space? Always scary when they make it to earth.

I wonder if the earth is passing through some dirty space? Always scary when they make it to earth.
According to the latest science, we are! More meteors are reaching earth these days. I'll have to see if I can find that story and tag it on here.

OK, did find some new info.

The Taurids are a meteor shower that happens twice a year, in June and in late October or early November. Beta Taurids are called those June meteors. According to Mark Boslough, a physicist at Los Alamos National Laboratory, the tree-fall pattern at Tunguska reveals that the event has been caused by an asteroid coming from the same region of the sky as the Beta Taurids.

In 2019, Earth will travel through the densest cluster of material in the Taurids stream, and that might increase the risks of a new Tunguska Event.

Scientists are saying that the Taurids present a potentiality for the richest batch of incoming material since 1975.

In that year most of the incoming material was seen hitting the moon – much like what we saw happen during the lunar eclipse on January 20th.

1/30/19: ROCKY HORROR PITCHER SHOW | Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Reactions: Lynne
Thanks debi. Scary times all around.