Metallic Taste

When i looked this up the small bit of info was saying it was your spirit taste and something to do with emotions. I couldn't really understand it.
If it was this article, it basically says you can taste some emotions, which there may be a bit of science in there for this. If you were highly distressed and emotional, it's possible you "tasted" this metal taste. Not much out there on this, but medically, it's possible.

If it was this article, it basically says you can taste some emotions, which there may be a bit of science in there for this. If you were highly distressed and emotional, it's possible you "tasted" this metal taste. Not much out there on this, but medically, it's possible.

Thanks Debi, that's the one. It was emotional so probably was the answer.

Sadly I had to have one of my old bulldogs put to sleep at the vet today. A friend came along as support and poor old Hurley drifted onto the rainbow bridge. When we got home we both got a metallic taste in our mouths/throats and couldn't even drink a coffee, this sensation lasted about an hour. I looked this up and it could be something to do with our spirit taste. I didn't really understand and hoped someone might have an idea or has experienced this. Hurley is the tan dog on the right with her white dad Floyd, also passed and my whippet Shady.
Hello Friend... i, as always, come late to the post... but I read it right after you posted it. I was simply to emotional to speak. I am sorry you had to part with this old friend... and I mourned with you. I want you to know that at the same time you posted this I was about to lose another old friend too. It was your post that finally gave me the strength to say good-bye to her as she had been by my side for almost 16 years. This makes 5 old friends in 3 years and another within weeks. Without your post I don't know if I could have gotten off the floor with her and said good-bye.

I came now to say good-bye to Hurley. Good-bye Old One. Thank you for watching over my friend. We will see you all soon. Without this knowledge I could not go one step further.

So then... For all that have gone before and yet to come and all of us who deeply mourn their passing

The Darlings - There Is A Time

Hello Friend... i, as always, come late to the post... but I read it right after you posted it. I was simply to emotional to speak. I am sorry you had to part with this old friend... and I mourned with you. I want you to know that at the same time you posted this I was about to lose another old friend too. It was your post that finally gave me the strength to say good-bye to her as she had been by my side for almost 16 years. This makes 5 old friends in 3 years and another within weeks. Without your post I don't know if I could have gotten off the floor with her and said good-bye.

I came now to say good-bye to Hurley. Good-bye Old One. Thank you for watching over my friend. We will see you all soon. Without this knowledge I could not go one step further.

So then... For all that have gone before and yet to come and all of us who deeply mourn their passing

The Darlings - There Is A Time

Thanks Donna and sorry to hear of your loss. I have a few old dogs and it doesn't get easier to say goodbye. I'm glad this helped you with yours. It's the saddest thing but also the nicest thing we do for them I feel. It's a shame people can't go as peacefully but I don't think they are as humble and loyal as our four legged friends.

Synesthesia is a fancy name for experiencing one sense with another. It can happen when one sense channel to the brain is overloaded.

For example, both my wife and I, when asked what color pain is, have answered "Purple". When I fell and broke my hand, the pain was so intense that for a few moments I was experiencing it as purple with yellow stars and streaks. Hard to describe but a lot like a cartoon balloon of stars and birds twirling around a character who was just hit in the head.

Some people have described certain smells as colors, or vice-versa. Certain visual stimuli are interpreted by the brain as smells or tastes.

Is that what's happening here? I can't say but it stands out as a possibility. Perhaps mental stress can illicit the same reaction?

When we got home we both got a metallic taste in our mouths/throats and couldn't even drink a coffee, this sensation lasted about an hour. I looked this up and it could be something to do with our spirit taste.

I don't know the answer but will tell you that I experience the metallic taste rarely and in only 2 circumstances - one is when there is high level energy close or coming - a storm incoming - a big one - Electrical - Primative - Pure Elemental Energy type Storm either Spiritual or Physical - a Door Opening (Spiritual or Dimensional and my guess)... and the other is when there is or has been blood - battle - battleground - like for instance Wounded Knee or - well - say on Sacred Ground - graves - many graves - here or in the ether close to the boundary... just my experience of such.