Metallic Taste

ozentity

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Sadly I had to have one of my old bulldogs put to sleep at the vet today. A friend came along as support and poor old Hurley drifted onto the rainbow bridge. When we got home we both got a metallic taste in our mouths/throats and couldn't even drink a coffee, this sensation lasted about an hour. I looked this up and it could be something to do with our spirit taste. I didn't really understand and hoped someone might have an idea or has experienced this. Hurley is the tan dog on the right with her white dad Floyd, also passed and my whippet Shady.

Attachments

• sharons pics 145.jpg
    sharons pics 145.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
sorry to hear of your buddy Oz. its hard losing a friend when the time comes. (i dont refer to any of mine as pets, they are all friends). Im not sure about the taste though, haven't experienced or heard of that before personally.

I sometimes have a funny, metallic taste in my mouth after a doctor visit. I will pay attention next time I have our dog at the vet. Although it could be a paranormal experience, I'm betting on some chemical in the air that is ubiquitous at clinics, both human and veterinary. Perhaps a disinfectant.

So sorry to hear about your loss, Oz. It's very sad when we lose our beloved animal friends.

I haven't heard anything about the metallic taste before, though, so I can't help I'm afraid.

My deepest condolences, Oz. I am still missing my cat Avalon, even though I have two new friends. May your friend enjoy endless frolicking in his favorite places over the rainbow bridge!

As for the metallic taste, the closest that I have experienced it was like Utah said; after being in a clinic or hospital setting.

Last edited:
May Hurley now run free over the rainbow bridge, Oz. I'm so very sorry for your loss but grateful you had the love of Hurley in your life.

As to the metallic taste, there are several things that can cause that in a hospital or vet setting, including some meds/vitamin particles being airborne and inhaled. Not enough to hurt you, but enough to give you that taste. Ever walk through a dry dog food aisle and you feel like you can taste it? Same principle.

Sorry to hear about that Oz. It is never easy and heartbreaking when you have to put a pet down. It is comforting to know that if they were suffering, it is for the best. I think it is harder to watch something suffer than grant it peace. The metallic taste, it sounds like something in the air at vet would be first guess. I never had it happen, so i really couldn't give a better answer. My condolences Oz.

Thanks everyone for that. Hurley was a one man dog and wouldn't back off if anything threatened me but she was a quiet, gentle dog with all her friends from little kittens and baby chickens and my other dogs loved her. I hadn't experienced this metallic taste before from the vets so thought I'd mention it .

Thanks everyone for that. Hurley was a one man dog and wouldn't back off if anything threatened me but she was a quiet, gentle dog with all her friends from little kittens and baby chickens and my other dogs loved her. I hadn't experienced this metallic taste before from the vets so thought I'd mention it .
There could be other reasons than my offering, Oz. In the spiritual world, one should never rule anything out! During my UFO sighting I had a metal taste in my mouth. I rule out nothing.

There could be other reasons than my offering, Oz. In the spiritual world, one should never rule anything out! During my UFO sighting I had a metal taste in my mouth. I rule out nothing.
When i looked this up the small bit of info was saying it was your spirit taste and something to do with emotions. I couldn't really understand it.

Reactions: Donna K.