Message from Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
CH-CH-CH-CHANGES!

There have been a few changes going on behind the scenes today. The first big change is that my dear friend and almost-a-son -to-me Bob Bain is going to be taking leave of the forum. Not to worry, we'll still be featuring Bob's show here! Bob has been, and will always be, my friend. And he will still be on the backside of our tech issues for a bit as we learn a few more things about the forum program. (More about that in a moment.)

The plan was, from the beginning when Bob sold me the place, that he would eventually be leaving to work on his show full-time. I totally support him in this and he goes with my blessing. It's his time to fly high and reach the full potential with his show.

Next up, to streamline things here a bit, Bob and I did a few things here today to tidy up the place and make it easier for me to manage. First up is that I have combined 4 topic forums into two. Alien and UFO's is now combined with Cryptids, and Science and Ancient History is now one topic forum. This may also help streamline it a bit for you mobile users, so you don't have to scroll quite so much. I also combined all the archives into one forum section, where only the latest post will be showing, but all content is still there.

I also removed the radio podcast area. The Malliard Report will have a sticky thread in my Owl's Nest. I will be making new sticky threads in Open Lines and News for some of the others who wish to post their content here. I will let you know where those land after talking with the hosts.

Next, I have added on 7Christie to the Admin. staff. He is going to be learning from Bob how our program runs and be our techie guy. We welcome him to the Admin. staff!

Last but not least, we are going to be headed for a server change sometime in May. The reason for this is simple....I bought the big bucks server service to support the live thread. They did not deliver, and I've had to add rumbletalk on for live chat, which is another cost I have to absorb. It makes business sense to reduce the cost and get what we need now that we don't have that live thread to deal with.
Bob Bain has graciously agreed to help us make that move, and stick around on the tech side until we have our feet under us, just in case I hit the red button and blow the place up!

That's it for now! See you on chat!!

Last edited:
To clarify, the server move will take place most likely in mid to late May.

How about a benefit just for you? We are now ad free. The ads were doing nothing from a financial standpoint due to changes at adsense, so I made the decision to stop annoying you with them. :) Some months I was surprised I didn't owe them! And I'm serious with that statement! We are now a fully donation supported site, and I thank you all for your support.

I will certainly continue to support this forum. I hope others do also. I personally would be devistated if you closed shop. Thank you Debi for your hours of unpaid service to us and all of your personal funds I know you have used to keep this forum up and running. I am truly greatful !!

I will certainly continue to support this forum. I hope others do also. I personally would be devistated if you closed shop. Thank you Debi for your hours of unpaid service to us and all of your personal funds I know you have used to keep this forum up and running. I am truly greatful !!
Thank you, Lynne, and to everyone one else who supports the forum with their love, or time, or donations. They are equally important and appreciated.