Mercury Retrograde Stories

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Does anyone have any stories during this Mercury Retrograde phase? I usually don't have many problems during these phases but this current one has been off the charts with missed communications, misunderstandings, and problems with packages in the mail. So here is the top story for me:
I ordered a garment from a vendor on Ebay. When it arrived, I saw that it was too small, so I checked and saw that the vendor accepts returns, but I had to pay for the return shipping. I initiated a return request, and she emailed a label which I had to pay for through Pay Pal. I got the package sent off alright, and there was tracking included so I checked back now and then to see if it had returned successfully. Then the tracking info got weird. It was saying that the vendor no longer lived at the return address and not only that, she had not left a forwarding address, either. I wrote to her on Ebay, asking about this.

This is where it got weird. She wanted ME to provide the tracking number, although she had provided it in the first place. So I cut and pasted the number into my reply. But I also contacted Ebay to let them know there was a problem. The tracking was now telling me that the package was on its way back to me. Ebay informed me that I would be fully refunded except for the shipping since it hadn't been my fault. So I got a refund, the package returned and I didn't feel right but it was getting very confusing because the vendor seemed oblivious to her fault in all this. She wrote back asking if it was too much for me to provide the tracking number, (which she had provided herself) I wrote back and politely told her that since she hadn't provided a forwarding address, the package had come back to me and I wasn't going to pay shipping a second time. At this point the case with Ebay was closed. Today I got still another message from her, asking if I would pay the shipping and also pay half the price of the garment. I ignored it.

In all the years I have done business with Ebay, I have never been involved in such a kerfuffle. It has to be Mercury retrograde!

Does anyone have any stories during this Mercury Retrograde phase? I usually don't have many problems during these phases but this current one has been off the charts with missed communications, misunderstandings, and problems with packages in the mail. So here is the top story for me:
I ordered a garment from a vendor on Ebay. When it arrived, I saw that it was too small, so I checked and saw that the vendor accepts returns, but I had to pay for the return shipping. I initiated a return request, and she emailed a label which I had to pay for through Pay Pal. I got the package sent off alright, and there was tracking included so I checked back now and then to see if it had returned successfully. Then the tracking info got weird. It was saying that the vendor no longer lived at the return address and not only that, she had not left a forwarding address, either. I wrote to her on Ebay, asking about this.

This is where it got weird. She wanted ME to provide the tracking number, although she had provided it in the first place. So I cut and pasted the number into my reply. But I also contacted Ebay to let them know there was a problem. The tracking was now telling me that the package was on its way back to me. Ebay informed me that I would be fully refunded except for the shipping since it hadn't been my fault. So I got a refund, the package returned and I didn't feel right but it was getting very confusing because the vendor seemed oblivious to her fault in all this. She wrote back asking if it was too much for me to provide the tracking number, (which she had provided herself) I wrote back and politely told her that since she hadn't provided a forwarding address, the package had come back to me and I wasn't going to pay shipping a second time. At this point the case with Ebay was closed. Today I got still another message from her, asking if I would pay the shipping and also pay half the price of the garment. I ignored it.

In all the years I have done business with Ebay, I have never been involved in such a kerfuffle. It has to be Mercury retrograde!
Yup! That sounds like a typical Merc. Retro situation. I would suggest you keep any emails form her and all communications even tho the case is closed with Ebay....just in case. You may have need to reopen it if the problems with her continue.

As for Merc. Retro stories...girl, I could write an entire book on them! I just try to lay low these days during them!

Reactions: garnetsilver
Yup! That sounds like a typical Merc. Retro situation. I would suggest you keep any emails form her and all communications even tho the case is closed with Ebay....just in case. You may have need to reopen it if the problems with her continue.

As for Merc. Retro stories...girl, I could write an entire book on them! I just try to lay low these days during them!
Thankfully, Ebay keeps copies of all emails; it's a policy that vendor and buyer communicate only through them so that they can see what was written. But I'm keeping copies just in case.

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
Thankfully, Ebay keeps copies of all emails; it's a policy that vendor and buyer communicate only through them so that they can see what was written. But I'm keeping copies just in case.
There is something fishy with this vendor. Obviously eBay was protecting you. This might be a fishing technique to get your info. Don’t deal with her directly that is why people use things like eBay and PayPal.

I don’t have a retrograde story. If it has effected me it has been attributed to other things. I try not to think about it.

Reactions: Paulm
I guess there aren't any amusing retrograde stories out there. I actually found the one I shared to be rather amusing after it was over. But mostly it can be just frustrating.

Reactions: Lynne
I guess there aren't any amusing retrograde stories out there. I actually found the one I shared to be rather amusing after it was over. But mostly it can be just frustrating.
Give it time. I’m sure there are some good ones out there.

I do a lot with e-bay and 99% of the time it is a seamless, easy experience. but there is always that one vender you will run across that just leaves you feeling uneasy or is just plain unreasonable or unwilling to work a mishap out....in that case you just have to do exactly as you did, report it and walk away, do not give any info or continue correspondence beyond them sending a return tag. if they cant do that correctly then just walk away...too many scammers to chance further contact.

ask this question again next year..... when we can all look back and say..."oh yeah, remember 2020"...… just gotta give time for the shock to thin a bit....lol

Reactions: Lynne