Members Art

two more, the hourglass is still being worked, this is a basic idea,... see where it goes

streetlight.jpg

Hour Glass shapes and pretty faces always catch my attention. Nice art, Paulm.
thanks, im still working on the hourglass, going to bring out the bottom sand image a little more, and refine the top sand a bit further.... I dunno, I want the symbolism with it but just barely.... kinda hard to see in this pic though. more of a pareidolia effect is what im trying..... I think...lol

The hourglass is provocative. And the rose gives it that Grateful Dead feel. Not sure if that's intended. But nice work.
Thank you, was designing a flash sheet set type of work using lanterns, torches, and various light sources... the roses are just an old school type way of doing them just to stay in that vein of art.... the hour glass is in a heart shape on top and the sand forms a skull in the bottom.... its there, just lightly,..lol... that's what I need to bring out just a bit more, and of course the roses represent by color.... I dunno, just an evolving idea still....trying to work in symbolism but keep it simple...

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Something different. I can't usually post art as I have no scanner, but my mum just sent me a card I made in my (early) teens. I used to make cards for me and my little brothers. This is one.
20200712_155527.jpg
20200712_155648.jpg

The guy on the left is a self caricature complete with teenage spots and braces. I had 80s hair (it hung around into the 90s after all) and liked loud t-shirts even more than most. I'm not sure when this was made but my little brother who's twelve years younger than me could write his name with help and it was before I was sixteen, as my parents divorced then. I think my little bro was a quick study.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter and Paulm
cement birdbath, made from an elephant ear I cut from the yard.

BIRDBATH.jpg

Reactions: 7Critter