Members Art

this was supposed to be something that would catch the eye and make you stop to look, not just pass by or be instantly forgotten....don't quite think it reached that level.....illustrative, street art style, done alla prima with a touch of "wabi-sabi" thrown in to trick the eye and brain into looking longer...lol.

a123.jpg

not sure how this looks, think it needs a little more work still.

View attachment 14960
whats the name of this one? looks like it was either hidden or washed ashore I like it, leaves a kind of mystery of how the boat got there, the rope is broke from the bow but was it tied to the tree or was it being towed by a bigger vessel or was is abandoned at sea?

It reminds me of one of the paintings you will see in a seafood restaurant that always brings up conversations.

Reactions: Paulm and 7Critter
kind of mystery of how the boat got there, the rope is broke from the bow but was it tied to the tree or was it being towed by a bigger vessel or was is abandoned at sea?
So what is your story, Armand ? Make up one and entertain us. :)

Reactions: Paulm
whats the name of this one? looks like it was either hidden or washed ashore I like it, leaves a kind of mystery of how the boat got there, the rope is broke from the bow but was it tied to the tree or was it being towed by a bigger vessel or was is abandoned at sea?

It reminds me of one of the paintings you will see in a seafood restaurant that always brings up conversations.

I dunno really....tried to capture a feeling of tranquility, just laid back island life. but at the same time the never ending quest to explore elsewhere... you know, you can be in the most beautiful place in the world, but still, you have to know whats on the island that's in the background.. and someday you find yourself remembering "that time" and maybe some place you consider home but have never made it back...like I said I don't know, I think maybe just life, both real and metaphorically.... I got the idea from a stock photo, made some changes and this is what it says to me.
what does it say to you ?, what would your story be.?

Reactions: 7Critter