Member Dogman Experiences

Walking Goose

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Thanks for the add. My name is Jonathon, but most people call me Jon. I'm from NC, but currently living in New Mexico. I've been into cryptozoology and the paranormal ever since I can remember. Unfortunately I've never really had any experiences outside of seeing what looks like a UFO in the sky occasionally. I do believe in certain cryptids and the paranormal. I try to be skeptical of things, but I always go into reading and hearing encounters with an open mind. Dogman is my favorite cryptid. I never thought they existed until my good friend that I've known for over 11 years told me about his encounter with one. I look forward to talking with you and reading about all things strange!
Hi I read your intro with a great deal of admiration for your courage. Please post more about what your friend saw and your adventures in finding the Dogman , That is if you care to naturally. I also know someone who told me a dogman tale back in 2000 that stuck with me. She said they are bad , bad, bad. She said one ran with her car in New Mexico in the 90s as she was driving through the desert. I was at an event where there were Tribal members around and they promptly walked away and she stopped talking. At the time I didnt get the whole vibe around these things. I was told not to even mention these creatures as they are of a supernatural nature but also related to humans . BTW I had a friend that named her dog dogmom. lol

Hi I read your intro with a great deal of admiration for your courage. Please post more about what your friend saw and your adventures in finding the Dogman , That is if you care to naturally. I also know someone who told me a dogman tale back in 2000 that stuck with me. She said they are bad , bad, bad. She said one ran with her car in New Mexico in the 90s as she was driving through the desert. I was at an event where there were Tribal members around and they promptly walked away and she stopped talking. At the time I didnt get the whole vibe around these things. I was told not to even mention these creatures as they are of a supernatural nature but also related to humans . BTW I had a friend that named her dog dogmom. lol
Thank you. My friend was driving in a car with a friend of his near Carlsbad, NM. They saw what looked like a dog eating a deer carcass on the side of the road. They were curious so they slowed down and stopped about 30 ft after they passed it. My friend got out of the car to get a better look and when he started walking towards it the dog got up on 2 legs and started walking towards him. He got scared and got back in the car. His friend saw it as well and was yelling at him to get the f*** out of there so they sped off. He said that when it stood up it was near a sign and its head reached to the top of it. He went back the next day with a tape measure and measured the sign. He said the Dogman was 9 ft tall and that it looked very similar to the werewolf from the movie The Howling. Ever since he told me about his encounter I've been obsessed with Dogman. Before he told me I thought there was no way there was anything like that out there, although I did believe in bigfoot. If you dont mind I'd love to read about the encounter that has stuck with you.

Welcome Dogman,also my favourite cryptid as I feel it does exist, would love to hear of your friend's encounter some time.
I definitely feel like it exists although I didn't feel that way until my friend's encounter. My friend was driving in a car with a friend of his near Carlsbad, NM. They saw what looked like a dog eating a deer carcass on the side of the road. They were curious so they slowed down and stopped about 30 ft after they passed it. My friend got out of the car to get a better look and when he started walking towards it the dog got up on 2 legs and started walking towards him. He got scared and got back in the car. His friend saw it as well and was yelling at him to get the f*** out of there so they sped off. He said that when it stood up it was near a sign and its head reached to the top of it. He went back the next day with a tape measure and measured the sign. He said the Dogman was 9 ft tall and that it looked very similar to the werewolf from the movie The Howling. Ever since he told me about his encounter I've been obsessed with Dogman. What's your opinion on what they are? Do you think they're evil? Or like humans in that some are good and some are evil?

Reactions: ozentity
Do you think they're evil? Or like humans in that some are good and some are evil?
This is the age old question. People have reported feeling an evil vibe during these encounters, while a few others have not. Maybe something that is very alien to us can feel evil?

What's your opinion on what they are? Do you think they're evil? Or like humans in that some are good and some are evil?
This sounds wild but I feel they may be human but the evil or badness within them has transformed them into what they are. Exactly like a werewolf, they may transform when in a wicked state of mind. I believe it is their psyche or brain power that causes this.

Maybe something that is very alien to us can feel evil?
Ppl make villian's of what they fear, fear turns to hate, and what we hate has to be made evil for justification..... Not saying you shouldn't fear it, it might just eat you...lol.... But does that make it evil ????

This is the age old question. People have reported feeling an evil vibe during these encounters, while a few others have not. Maybe something that is very alien to us can feel evil?
Thats what I was thinking. Maybe it's some sort of frequency they put off to keep others away? I realize dead men tell no tales so there's encounters we don't hear of, but it seems almost rare for them to actually harm people. Even when they run at people they don't catch them and they easily could. Tells me alot of times they bluff charge. Maybe to get the person out of the area because they're territorial or because there's a young one around. I'm sure there's ones that kill, but I just have a personal feeling that those are Rogue's. Plus with all of modern culture and myths I think humans are made to feel like they're these evil entities when it just doesn't appear to be the case. Of course this is all just my opinion and I could be completely wrong.