Measles epidemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video...ly-200-kids-to-measles/vi-AA8HCrq?ocid=AARDHP

OK, I realize that many people don't vaccinate. However, I'd like to point out that many people have not vaccinated in quite some time now and we didn't have this kind of epidemic. So, that leaves me to look at where did this come from? My suspicion is it was brought over the border. Call me a crazy, but when all those kids started pouring over the border, a lot of germs came with them. Just my opinion.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video...ly-200-kids-to-measles/vi-AA8HCrq?ocid=AARDHP

OK, I realize that many people don't vaccinate. However, I'd like to point out that many people have not vaccinated in quite some time now and we didn't have this kind of epidemic. So, that leaves me to look at where did this come from? My suspicion is it was brought over the border. Call me a crazy, but when all those kids started pouring over the border, a lot of germs came with them. Just my opinion.
Ya think? How many hundreds of thousands had the red carpet rolled out for them again?

Reactions: Debi
I agree. It's a gift from our new countrymen. Who knows what other treats they have in store...

Reactions: Debi
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102383661
info about some doctors and the measles.
I heard about that, SR. Good catch. Now, here's my deal with that! It's "illegal" to refuse service in other service jobs to people or it's considered discrimination or racism. So how do doctor's get to "refuse service" to particular patients? This has been long standing and not something new. Why do docs get to pic and choose their patients?

I heard about that, SR. Good catch. Now, here's my deal with that! It's "illegal" to refuse service in other service jobs to people or it's considered discrimination or racism. So how do doctor's get to "refuse service" to particular patients? This has been long standing and not something new. Why do docs get to pic and choose their patients?
Agreed. This is discrimination just the same as if he refused to treat a patient who was homosexual.

Exactly. And this isn't a new thing! Docs have been "firing" patients for many years. If you don't agree with them they can refuse to treat. I happen to have a really good doc who I argue with all the time but who has never dismissed me from his care. We always seem to work out my plan of care without him getting ticked off. It all goes to that "Doctor is God" mentality. And I fear it will just get worse as Obamacare goes along and the government is calling all the shots.

You're probably right. As more and more government creep occurs, physicians will get more or a god complex. I have never gone to any doctor and said "well, okay... whatever you say". There are always questions, and there should be. He might have more clinical knowledge than I do about the human body, but he doesn't know mine as well as I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.