Open Lines Maybe California could learn something?

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/p...-california-in-the-shade-20150408-1mg165.html

It's been a long, dry Perth summer, but rain on Monday and Tuesday - with more forecast for the week - now heralds seasonal falls and a chance for our parched dams to recover.

But spare a thought for another state that has been in the grip of a drought for at least three years, with one scientist saying that the last time it was this dry was more than 400 years ago.

It seems incredible but California, a US state that has the eighth largest economy in the world, now only has one year of stored water left in its reservoirs.

It seems like Perth has a good system in place for dealing with the dry conditions in Western Australia. I think California would be wise to study their model and implement it in at least the large metropolitan areas. Lots of ocean water right off the coast.

Reactions: Debi
By the time they do a 10 million dollar study of it all, the drought in CA will either be over or everyone will have moved! lol

Reactions: surge
Doh! I forgot they have to do an expensive five year study before they even get to the planning stages! And then they have to do another five year study to determine which plan they want to use!

Reactions: Debi
Doh! I forgot they have to do an expensive five year study before they even get to the planning stages! And then they have to do another five year study to determine which plan they want to use!
YUP! It will either be over or all will be dead of thirst out there! lol