Mayan Calendar Read Incorrectly

Whenever I hear "end of the world" I think maybe it could be the end of a reality.
You know, you may have something there, Garnet. I've heard myself saying recently, "the old world we knew is gone and a new one has arrived." Maybe it IS a shift from one reality to another.

Reactions: garnetsilver
You know, you may have something there, Garnet. I've heard myself saying recently, "the old world we knew is gone and a new one has arrived." Maybe it IS a shift from one reality to another.
Whatever it is, it sure is unsettling.

I fear that we have not yet seen the darkness, only a dark cloud passing between us and the sun. The night is yet to come. I suspect that we are experiencing birth pains of a new way to live and it will get much darker before the light again shines upon us.

The rapture and the tribulation have been predicted over and over starting with Paul who recommended for people to stop having kids because they wouldn't be able to grow up before the end. I remember when Oral Roberts told people that the end was upon us. NOT!! Any time a preacher wants a bunch of money he does the end of the world routine. I've probably lived through at least 25 or 30 ends of the world scenarios in my life.

We each will in our time face the end. The world that you live in is at least in part a creation of your mind and will pass from existence with you. I faced my end recently when I nearly bled to death. I don't think that I have over a cup of MY blood left in my body. They poured blood into me over and over to keep me alive. I remember laying in a dark room uncertain at times which side of the gate I was on. I have crossed over before and was brought back. It is so easy to go so hard to come back.

The Mayans died out a long time ago their predictions were for their world, not ours. Hucksters bring it up and try to profit from people's fear. If someone really thinks that the world is ending they won't be asking people for money or worldly things.
The Bible does not preach the end of the world, the rapture is the removal of the church and no time period is given. It is man that tries to put a date on events. The Bible talks of a renewed earth and world without end. You are welcome to your beliefs but so are others. I am sad that you have suffered this near death experience and we are here to support you in whatever way possible, even if it’s to just be together, however we must respect that no one has the answers to what lies beyond death. We have faith and some have personal experiences, but until we cross that bridge no one knows the answers.

I fear that we have not yet seen the darkness, only a dark cloud passing between us and the sun. The night is yet to come. I suspect that we are experiencing birth pains of a new way to live and it will get much darker before the light again shines upon us.
You may be right but also you may be wrong. I don’t see the point in looking at the negative side of things. It only incites fear and spoils the time we have here. If the worst happens we at least lived and enjoyed life. If it doesn’t we did not waste our lives living in fear. Just my way of living life. I think being positive serves a person much better.

You may be right but also you may be wrong. I don’t see the point in looking at the negative side of things. It only incites fear and spoils the time we have here. If the worst happens we at least lived and enjoyed life. If it doesn’t we did not waste our lives living in fear. Just my way of living life. I think being positive serves a person much better.
I needed this reminder. Thank you, Lynne.

What you are noticing is just a difference in basic philosophy. I don't mean to cause people to fear or worry. Some people deal with possible future problems by putting them out of their minds sure that if it happens they will deal with it then. Others try to prepare for possible future problems by making preparations ahead of time and trying to plan for any possibility to the best of their ability. in the end, both methods are for and accomplish the same thing...they make us feel secure and not afraid or worried.

I was raised by a man that had seen his world destroyed. When he was 7they were a fairly prosperous farming family. The depression had started but they were managing to keep their heads above the flood and doing better than many. Then his father died of pneumonia...They lost everything and a young woman had two young boys no job no home and no money. My Dad was raised in a sort of poverty that isn't possible now. Food was scarce and there were no jobs. Finally, My Grandmother found a job. She worked 10 hours a day 6 days a week for a dollar a day. On Sunday she played the piano and organ at the church for 50 cents. They lived in a one-room hut in the part of town where white people didn't normally live.

My Dad never wanted to live like that again and he made sure that we always had lots of food on hand, he saved money and we spent a lot of time on the family farm working and canning our own food. He wanted to make sure that I learned and knew how to feed myself and my future family no matter what. I took that lesson to heart and carried on far past what he taught me.

I always have a lot of food on hand. I always have a lot of cash on hand and not in a bank. I have 700 in just dollar coins and several thousand in silver dollars. Then I try to keep a pretty good chunk in paper money and small change. I have been a licensed gun dealer and ama Gunsmith. I am well armed and all my family knows how to shoot and handle weapons.

To most of you, this probably sounds paranoid but it isn't. I'm not in the least afraid or worried. All of this is just insurance for me. I didn't expect to die when I was younger but I bought life insurance. I Insure my home against fire, flood, and robbery. I have insurance on my cars and carried insurance on my business.

My more material preparations are just insurance against things that money can't fix. In the early 80s, I go to test my preparations. The oil industry crashed and not only did I lose my job but EVERY PLACE that I had ever worked for closed down. Unemployment in my area was over 40%. People lost their homes and the roadside parks were filled with families that were living in their cars. The roadside parks had bathrooms and there was a certain safety in being gathered.

I was prepared and had not bought into the high lifestyle. When I bought my home the bank fought me on it. They said that I should buy a place that was at least two and a half times my annual income. I instead bought a cute little cottage on a small lot that was less than my annual income. I was a machinist in a shipyard making about 6 or 7 times the minimum wage at that time. Good Money and as many hours as I wanted.

When the economy tanked most of the people I knew at that shipyard lost their homes, I didn't then. We survived. I worked as a day worker and while we were poor we were many times better off than so many. Things never recovered. I finally found a job. I started there loading trucks for a dollar per thousand pounds loaded on the trucks or off the truck onto pallets. I am a BIG boy and made 500 to 750 a week loading trucks. Eventually, they hired me full time and that gave me insurance and a dependable income. I put my wife in college and worked like hell for three years while she go a degree and became a licensed dental hygienist.

The economy in my home was stagnant I have several talents that were in demand when there was industry but with industry, there was just no place for me to work as a machinist, draftsman, or as inventory control. I have a Mensa level IQ and the best job that was available was because I was big and strong. I gave up and started working in Houston in a Machine Shop. The money was good but it was a 90-mile trip each way every day to go to work. My wife went to work for the State and was also making good money but was a long way from home too.

We finally gave up our home and left and moved to a place that was closer to where we were working. We settled near my wife's work so that she and our daughter could have a more normal life. I eventually found work there and we settled.

Those were tough years but because I was prepared we did a lot better than so many families. Very few families survive those sorts of hard times. Many broke up while they were homeless and then more seemed to fall apart when things got a little better. We survived and even thrived because we went into it prepared. We had lots of fun. We played cards and picnicked and I took the kids to the parks. I fished a lot and we spent a lot of time with my parents playing cards, making homemade ice cream and cooking. May 31 was our 45 anniversary.

I like knowing that no matter what happens we are prepared too not just survive and get by but to thrive. In order to do this, I have to consider what might happen if things go totally sideways. I don't find it at all depressing. In part, I sort of work on the theory that if I think about it and prepare for it then it is less likely to happen because life seldom follows a plan that a human can foresee.

Please don't let my warnings depress you. I don't offer them for that reason. I have a lot of odd connections and sometimes get information that isn't commonly available. Our current tribulations were expected and known were coming long before they happened. It was as inevitable as sunrise if you knew what was stirring underneath.

On the paranormals side, there is unrest stirring that I can feel. The current rioters are like rats running around and over a sleeping tiger. If they wake that tiger it is going to be bad.

What you are noticing is just a difference in basic philosophy. I don't mean to cause people to fear or worry. Some people deal with possible future problems by putting them out of their minds sure that if it happens they will deal with it then. Others try to prepare for possible future problems by making preparations ahead of time and trying to plan for any possibility to the best of their ability. in the end, both methods are for and accomplish the same thing...they make us feel secure and not afraid or worried.

I was raised by a man that had seen his world destroyed. When he was 7they were a fairly prosperous farming family. The depression had started but they were managing to keep their heads above the flood and doing better than many. Then his father died of pneumonia...They lost everything and a young woman had two young boys no job no home and no money. My Dad was raised in a sort of poverty that isn't possible now. Food was scarce and there were no jobs. Finally, My Grandmother found a job. She worked 10 hours a day 6 days a week for a dollar a day. On Sunday she played the piano and organ at the church for 50 cents. They lived in a one-room hut in the part of town where white people didn't normally live.

My Dad never wanted to live like that again and he made sure that we always had lots of food on hand, he saved money and we spent a lot of time on the family farm working and canning our own food. He wanted to make sure that I learned and knew how to feed myself and my future family no matter what. I took that lesson to heart and carried on far past what he taught me.

I always have a lot of food on hand. I always have a lot of cash on hand and not in a bank. I have 700 in just dollar coins and several thousand in silver dollars. Then I try to keep a pretty good chunk in paper money and small change. I have been a licensed gun dealer and ama Gunsmith. I am well armed and all my family knows how to shoot and handle weapons.

To most of you, this probably sounds paranoid but it isn't. I'm not in the least afraid or worried. All of this is just insurance for me. I didn't expect to die when I was younger but I bought life insurance. I Insure my home against fire, flood, and robbery. I have insurance on my cars and carried insurance on my business.

My more material preparations are just insurance against things that money can't fix. In the early 80s, I go to test my preparations. The oil industry crashed and not only did I lose my job but EVERY PLACE that I had ever worked for closed down. Unemployment in my area was over 40%. People lost their homes and the roadside parks were filled with families that were living in their cars. The roadside parks had bathrooms and there was a certain safety in being gathered.

I was prepared and had not bought into the high lifestyle. When I bought my home the bank fought me on it. They said that I should buy a place that was at least two and a half times my annual income. I instead bought a cute little cottage on a small lot that was less than my annual income. I was a machinist in a shipyard making about 6 or 7 times the minimum wage at that time. Good Money and as many hours as I wanted.

When the economy tanked most of the people I knew at that shipyard lost their homes, I didn't then. We survived. I worked as a day worker and while we were poor we were many times better off than so many. Things never recovered. I finally found a job. I started there loading trucks for a dollar per thousand pounds loaded on the trucks or off the truck onto pallets. I am a BIG boy and made 500 to 750 a week loading trucks. Eventually, they hired me full time and that gave me insurance and a dependable income. I put my wife in college and worked like hell for three years while she go a degree and became a licensed dental hygienist.

The economy in my home was stagnant I have several talents that were in demand when there was industry but with industry, there was just no place for me to work as a machinist, draftsman, or as inventory control. I have a Mensa level IQ and the best job that was available was because I was big and strong. I gave up and started working in Houston in a Machine Shop. The money was good but it was a 90-mile trip each way every day to go to work. My wife went to work for the State and was also making good money but was a long way from home too.

We finally gave up our home and left and moved to a place that was closer to where we were working. We settled near my wife's work so that she and our daughter could have a more normal life. I eventually found work there and we settled.

Those were tough years but because I was prepared we did a lot better than so many families. Very few families survive those sorts of hard times. Many broke up while they were homeless and then more seemed to fall apart when things got a little better. We survived and even thrived because we went into it prepared. We had lots of fun. We played cards and picnicked and I took the kids to the parks. I fished a lot and we spent a lot of time with my parents playing cards, making homemade ice cream and cooking. May 31 was our 45 anniversary.

I like knowing that no matter what happens we are prepared too not just survive and get by but to thrive. In order to do this, I have to consider what might happen if things go totally sideways. I don't find it at all depressing. In part, I sort of work on the theory that if I think about it and prepare for it then it is less likely to happen because life seldom follows a plan that a human can foresee.

Please don't let my warnings depress you. I don't offer them for that reason. I have a lot of odd connections and sometimes get information that isn't commonly available. Our current tribulations were expected and known were coming long before they happened. It was as inevitable as sunrise if you knew what was stirring underneath.

On the paranormals side, there is unrest stirring that I can feel. The current rioters are like rats running around and over a sleeping tiger. If they wake that tiger it is going to be bad.

You are a good provider and have handled life with wisdom. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Many of us in the older generation have lived through similar circumstances. Your wisdom may help others.