Mass killings average every Two weeks

Becki

Long time coming...EXCITED!! WELCOME BACK ART!
Reaction score
This amazes me.... EVERY TWO WEEKS?!?! And involving a school monthly?!?! This just awes me. WHAT is happening to our society?? I know in Pittsburgh, I can't turn in the tv or look at FB without seeing a shooting or murder anymore. This just saddens me that today's society is so full of violence.
Part of the article read:
"On average, mass killings involving firearms occur approximately every two weeks in the U.S., while school shootings occur on average monthly," wrote Sherry Towers, a research professor at ASU, and her colleagues.

Such attacks are more common in states where more people own guns, they added in their report.

advertisement
"Statistics are not readily available on the incidence of mass killings and school shootings in other industrialized countries, however studies have shown that the firearm homicide and suicide rates in the U.S. are several times higher than that of any other industrialized country and the patterns appear to be due to higher rates of firearm ownership in the U.S. compared with other industrialized countries," they wrote.
Full article at:
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/yes-mass-killings-inspire-copycats-study-finds-n386141

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

there have been school shootings since forever. If the guns were gone, it would be school knifings. Now our country has almost 347 million guns issued to civilians.While even one killing is tragic, if you look at the numbers and we were really falling apart as a country,we would have a lot more killings.

The press locks onto the big ones and spreads its antigun campaign.

If you look at the list above, notice how many African nations are low on the list. We all know how peaceful Africa can be..........and before we say it can't happen here, argue with a liberal with facts and see how mad they get.We are now a country with a lot of spoiled grown ups with voting privileges.Tell them no or disagree with them and you are the enemy. I fear that more than the guns.

Reactions: surge and Debi
I somehow see those facts in that article as skewed, Becks. Yeah, there are shootings, BUT, I have to agree with Sal on this one. And 90% of these shootings took place in "Gun free zones". If there had been people carrying, the shootings may have been of the perp only instead of having victims. You can take guns away, but the perps will still find a way!

Reactions: surge
I just thought it to be a lot . Yes there have always been violence etc... Just seems to be more often... I don't agree with taking away guns... People will always get them.. Like drugs... They are illegal. Yet... Kinda like banning pitbulls... It's the people who ruin the dog... Not the breed as a whole...

Last edited:
Reactions: surge, sal and Debi
. The Post and many other newspapers have determinded the figures of gun crimes the left has been putting out is a lie. They are constantly caught in this lie yet continue to spread it at every opportunity. Yet when a good guy with a gun saves people they are mum. And i agree with surge, many are false flags events, i have researched for hundreds of hours. And the first thing our fearless leader does and ramp up on gun control even after they have admitted it will do nothing to prevent crime. Not to mention the clowns in CA are coming clean on gun traffiking and they have pushed some of the harshest laws in the country for gun control.