Marianist Apparitions

By appearing to all, She reminds us she is the Mother of all.
I've had some experiences that mean a lot to me with a being who liked to be known as Mary and I'm not even Christian so I'll go along with that! I associate her with the Tripple-Goddess and Isis as well as Christianity.

I've not read the thread and should, but it's late here and wanted to chip in. I'll go back after some sleep. The meaning of the name Mary has long been disputed but I think the most likely derivation is from the Egyptian mr, meaning 'love' and mry meaning 'beloved'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
Paint, are you familiar with Our Lady of Knock from Ireland? I've visited the Bascilia built on the site of the apparition several times, it's one of my favorite places on the planet.
At Knock, in 1879 the BVM (along with St Joesph and St John the Evangelist) was witnessed at the local church by 15-20 villagers/parishioners for over two hours.
I've heard a bit about this one but I need more info. Any good sources for that?

I've heard a bit about this one but I need more info. Any good sources for that?

History Explore the History of Knock Shrine

The Shrine's website is probably as good as any. I've heard a couple different stories about why the parish priest was not involved, the site is a bit vague.

In the mid 1980s, a local priest led a determined effort to build a major airport near Knock to facilitate the travel of pilgrims to the Shrine. West Ireland/Knock International Airport is very impressive, and sits about halfway between Galway and Sligo. In all the times I've been there, I've never seen a large jetliner. There are a few scheduled commuters flights to/from the UK and a sprinkling of GA aircraft, but no chartered big jets full of pilgrims like at other apparition sites. Really a shame since this is a beautiful site, easy to get to from the airport, and not overrun by tourists.

History Explore the History of Knock Shrine

The Shrine's website is probably as good as any. I've heard a couple different stories about why the parish priest was not involved, the site is a bit vague.

In the mid 1980s, a local priest led a determined effort to build a major airport near Knock to facilitate the travel of pilgrims to the Shrine. West Ireland/Knock International Airport is very impressive, and sits about halfway between Galway and Sligo. In all the times I've been there, I've never seen a large jetliner. There are a few scheduled commuters flights to/from the UK and a sprinkling of GA aircraft, but no chartered big jets full of pilgrims like at other apparition sites. Really a shame since this is a beautiful site, easy to get to from the airport, and not overrun by tourists.
Thanks, Duke. Gonna have a deeper look at this one.

I'm the James Brown of this stuff. Put the. After the eye.
Lent is now approaching, and although not a mass attending Catholic, I am going to "work the steps", as my friend the nun tells me. This thread has given me the vision to spend the time of Lent in study of these apparitions, and what they can show me of the "Mother"...by whatever name she wears.

Reactions: Benway and Duke
Lent is now approaching, and although not a mass attending Catholic, I am going to "work the steps", as my friend the nun tells me. This thread has given me the vision to spend the time of Lent in study of these apparitions, and what they can show me of the "Mother"...by whatever name she wears.

Would you please ask Sister if she's familiar with the Apparition in Egypt? I'm curious if she learned about it through the Church. Thanks.

Reactions: Debi
Would you please ask Sister if she's familiar with the Apparition in Egypt? I'm curious if she learned about it through the Church. Thanks.
I will be happy to do so.

Reactions: Duke