Marianist Apparitions

Conversion. Repentance. Reparations.
Every legitimate Marian apparition contained these three elements to avert a catastrophe. More later when the cat will let me type.....
A Vatican aproved legitimate Marian apparition begins with an Angel saying " Be not afraid." That is a good thing because your whole world is going to be turned upside down.
Here is a very important part. The last Vision will be of the Holy Family.

Reactions: Duke
A Vatican aproved legitimate Marian apparition begins with an Angel saying " Be not afraid." That is a good thing because your whole world is going to be turned upside down.
Here is a very important part. The last Vision will be of the Holy Family.

As the Our Lady of Zeitoun apparition appeared over a Coptic church, the Vatican left the investigation to the Coptic authorities. The Coptic patriarch subsequently determined that the apparition was authentic. Does the fact the apparition was not "approved legitimate" by the Vatican make it any less authentic in your mind? Similarly, would you be less inclined to accept the legitimacy of BVM apparitions deemed authentic by the Greek Orthodox or Anglican Churches?

Reactions: Benway and Debi
You are right and thank you for strengthening my typing skills. I conflated a private Marian apparition to a public one. In private things are revealed. In private things follow a very specific formula of events.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
You are right and thank you for strengthening my typing skills. I conflated a private Marian apparition to a public one. In private things are revealed. In private things follow a very specific formula of events.
Reading and learning...thank you.

Reactions: Paintman
If you look up Our Lady of Good Help you will see a tutorial on how the local Bishop has the right and authority to discern authenticity. Now the local laity knew all along about the miraculous events that happened, but by the time it gets around Rome maybe 100 years. But before this becomes an approved apparition the local Bishop does the discernment.
Rome stamps the seal of approval.
Sorry to get legalistic but Duke got my mind pencil sharp

Reactions: Mokey
Paint, are you familiar with Our Lady of Knock from Ireland? I've visited the Bascilia built on the site of the apparition several times, it's one of my favorite places on the planet.
At Knock, in 1879 the BVM (along with St Joesph and St John the Evangelist) was witnessed at the local church by 15-20 villagers/parishioners for over two hours.

Reactions: Paintman
Paint, are you familiar with Our Lady of Knock from Ireland? I've visited the Bascilia built on the site of the apparition several times, it's one of my favorite places on the planet.
At Knock, in 1879 the BVM (along with St Joesph and St John the Evangelist) was witnessed at the local church by 15-20 villagers/parishioners for over two hours.
Yes you lucky guy.

If you look up Our Lady of Good Help you will see a tutorial on how the local Bishop has the right and authority to discern authenticity. Now the local laity knew all along about the miraculous events that happened, but by the time it gets around Rome maybe 100 years. But before this becomes an approved apparition the local Bishop does the discernment.
Rome stamps the seal of approval.
Sorry to get legalistic but Duke got my mind pencil sharp
I love that you know all this stuff,Paintman

No,
As the Our Lady of Zeitoun apparition appeared over a Coptic church, the Vatican left the investigation to the Coptic authorities. The Coptic patriarch subsequently determined that the apparition was authentic. Does the fact the apparition was not "approved legitimate" by the Vatican make it any less authentic in your mind? Similarly, would you be less inclined to accept the legitimacy of BVM apparitions deemed authentic by the Greek Orthodox or Anglican Churches?
it does not diminish my belief in the authenticity of the apparition.