Man chooses to live in England's most haunted house

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Could you brave threats from poltergeists in 'Britain's most haunted house'?

Micky-Rawlings.jpg

Set for scares: Micky Rawlings outside The Cage which is known for its hauntings
A man has elected to live in what is thought to be one the UK's most haunted house - and says he goes to bed every night clutching a CRUCIFIX.

Micky Rawlings is an author currently researching a documentary about the supernatural.

The method man has set up home in sinister property ‘The Cage’ in St Osyth, Essex, said to be home to poltergeists responsible for assaulting, scratching and even BITING past residents.

But while musician Micky has been heralded for his bravery, he admits that he does get unnerved by his surroundings.

He said: "I’m not a religious man and yet I go to bed every night clutching a crucifix for my own safety.

“After a few days, I got to learn the natural noises of the house. Now the non-natural noises keep my awake at night.”

Single Micky, 39, says most people think he’s a bit ‘bonkers’ for undertaking the challenge in the property labelled one of the 'UK's most haunted houses' by TV series Great British Ghosts.

And during the dark periods of intense paranormal activity even he wonders what he’s got himself in to, fearing the gaff could one day KILL someone.

The father-of-one, who also works as a painter and decorator, said: “I’m trying to go about my daily life as best I can, but it’s hard."

The Cage itself first shot to fame in 2012 when owner Vanessa Mitchell, 40, told how she was forced to flee the house when she spotted black shadowy figure standing over the cot of her infant son, Jesse.

The Cage itself has an eerie history, having once served as a prison that was in use until the early 20th century.

Spookily, in the 16th century 13 women accused of being ‘witches’ were chained there prior to their execution by hanging.

The vengeful spirit of one these ladies, Ursula Kemp, is thought to be roaming the property still.

And now the home is for sale, for £290,000, as Vanessa refuses to set foot back inside the front door, having owned it since 2009.

The advert placed by Essex-based estate agent Lawrence Antony Homes even reads: “A high level of a paranormal activity has been recorded here.

"When we visited the property to commence marketing we noticed some strange finding on our photos. This unusual property is a one-off in English history.”

Now Micky, originally from Barking, east London, is living there until Vanessa manages to give the keys to a new victim.

And Micky is helping Vanessa pay the mortgage by arranging and supervising paid-for ‘ghost hunting’ nights for members of the public.

Speaking about some of the unusual phenomena he claims to have witnessed, he says, "I’ve seen books flying off shelves in the upstairs hallway, I’ve watched doors open on their down, and I’ve even seen a shadow person with my own eyes.

More at site

Would you be willing to live there?